3 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Subscriber nonsense rant

never -to my best recollection- joined group nor subscriber

requested to be removed from list when received ad (nicely!)

store owner: "put request on a notecard and drop it in mailbox at the store"

no, not a joke...

sigh

That sounds similar to a notecard I received out of the blue today.  I just decided to go ahead and block them instead of going to their store and trying to find the mailbox at the store - especially as they did make it sound like I was only receiving the NC because I had previously joined their group or subscriber, which I seriously doubt, as I have never even heard of their store previously.

Does Eddy look like a child avatar?

matchingoutfits.thumb.jpg.5de9bdbd114f35eff278a3cac138680d.jpg

But that's okay, I wouldn't want to hang around in sims with imbecilic guidelines on what a child avatar is. At least Eddy can easily get into the Berlin sim without grief.

realkidavie_001.thumb.png.2d5df94ec435c32d48fdcecca41d28e0.png

In short (no pun intended), people who don't know what an actual child avatar looks like.

Edited by Eddy Vortex

4 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Does Eddy look like a child avatar?

I think your beard says no! 

I know what you mean - my avatar is 5 ft 11 (!) and would look worse with extended waist/legs, but I still feel really small compared to most AVs. But it's not our fault other people go crazy on the slider!

I am quite short IRL and my nickname used to be 'Titch' so I feel your pain 😉

Edited by Rat Luv

Maybe I do have omnipotent magnetic 5G mind powers and I really am just sat here messing up your perfectly awesome Wifi, loosing your packets and breaking your SL.

Jump though diagnostic hoops ! I demand it ! Failure to follow my simple instructions will result in your remaining a cloud. FOREVER !!

H0LQ4Ws.png

No really, please just .. no don't try going to a different club, it's not the club .. why are you sending me pictures of your phone bill .. look .. just change your avatars linden hair to a different bald base .. I believe you, really, unlimited .. please just .. no, it's good to know everyone at this club can see you fine .. could you .. I'm sure they are very nice people ..  you relogged 5 more times .. that was unnecessary ..  it's working now, oh wonderful .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/11/2021 at 3:05 AM, Rat Luv said:

I think your beard says no! 

I know what you mean - my avatar is 5 ft 11 (!) and would look worse with extended waist/legs, but I still feel really small compared to most AVs. But it's not our fault other people go crazy on the slider!

I am quite short IRL and my nickname used to be 'Titch' so I feel your pain 😉

Ja, one would think. But if you're under 8 feet, then you must be in precocious puberty. LOL, some folks.

Alas, the height debate as old as time won't be settled anytime soon. I hate to think how they'd handle pixies and dwarfs.

Pet peeves: The creeps outside a building in a sim cam shopping on the women inside for someone to hit on.

The creeps using the TP away trick at beaches, they shop for a woman they want to hit on, open an IM to her, then TP away to their seduction place to send it and try to lure her there. I hate that. If I get an IM from someone not in the sim with me I block them.

Edited by AnnHerrick
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Pet peeves: The creeps outside a building in a sim cam shopping on the women inside for someone to hit on.

The creeps using the TP away trick at beaches, they shop for a woman they want to hit on, open an IM to her, then TP away to their seduction place to send it and try to lure her there. I hate that. If I get an IM from someone not in the sim with me I block them.

Kinda reminds me of my early days in SL when when visiting clubs. A freshly onboarded avi appear near us ladies dancing and instantly installed a highly engineered device to himself and bugged us in PMs for "special fun." I was in the old AOL AIM chat with the Linden person who told me about SL. He asked for the character's name and asked me to PM the pervert "Goodbye!" Next moment he was gone! The others said "He's gone, thank goodness!" and I just said "he probably crashed."

I also learned something new that day as my friend told me how to do ARs and pointed to info on the website.

Ok so last week when I was on my way to work, the guy in front of me at the lights reversed hard back into me.  We both  have insurance, so all should be good, right?  Nope!  I have a 30 year old car that they can no longer find parts for, so although there is BUGGER ALL wrong with it, the fact it has only 146,000 Kms (90,000 miles translated for Murikans) on it, its being written off.  I'm beyond peeved!!!

Image1.jpg

Two bits of plastic and a few lights.    PEEEEEEEEEEEVED!!!!!

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Sad 8

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Ok so last week when I was on my way to work, the guy in front of me at the lights reversed hard back into me.  We both  have insurance, so all should be good, right?  Nope!  I have a 30 year old car that they can no longer find parts for, so although there is BUGGER ALL wrong with it, the fact it has only 146,000 Kms (90,000 miles translated for Murikans) on it, its being written off.  I'm beyond peeved!!!

Image1.jpg

That has happened to me in the past too but with a bit of fighting the insurance company, wound up buying it back from them for scrap value. They still gave me the settlement cheque for the replacement value minus the scrap value and I had a friend fix the parts and continued driving it. The replacement value was a pittance of course but the net effect I did come out ahead.

one of my biggest pet peeves of lately:

people who constantly try to get something out of you, people who try to create issues and spread drama over NOTHING just simply because they don't like you, and people who try to be the "bigger person" but end up gossiping like i said in the other reasoning (because they simply don't like you.)

i have dealt with plenty of people on SL who are great, inbetween, and terrible. -- most of the people end up being great, it's just that 1%-5% of people who i meet that end up not being the best and doing any of the reasons i mentioned above. 

i am just tired of the high school-like drama; if people could come up to me and just explain something on why they have an issue with me, that'd be fantastic (only in a perfect world though.)

• Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 1:20 AM, SarahThe Wanderer said:

Creators stopped creating clothes for Freya and replace it with the ugliest body Kupra!!

i totally understand! 

i will counter act what you are saying though: freya has died out since kupra has come out on the virtual world of SL. the popularity of the body has become very marketable and crazy overwhelming. if a content creator sees a profit and access to the dev. kit--they most likely will go after it by simply adding onto the list of bodies they create content for, but not simply replace.

i hope this makes sense. :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Image1.jpg

You can "buy back" the car from the insurance company and there are places that do have parts for cars much older then 30 years so... do the research. Insurance company totaled my truck (rear ended) when the frame was not twisted and just needed a new bed and rear bumper. Replacement bed came from junk yard and ex made the cast iron bumper since he was a welder. The truck was 2 years old when I got it 4 when rear ended, and I drove that little truck for a total of 14 years.

Don't let insurance companies rip you off. That is what they are in business to do.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1