Second Life Viewer lags to hell on startup

benneh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so yeah the title says it all, im having a lot of troulbe when i load up the SL viewer, its lagging to hell, any of the buttons take a few minutes to respond to even mouse over, including the windows buttons at the top such as close or minimize, click close takes a while to register and askes me to quit, clicking log on take a while to actually do anythng and then takes half an hour to get to "downloading clothes" and just frezes

is the viewer based on internet or graphics before you log on? my PC is more than powerful enough to run second life, but my internest lacks pazazz, being sucky at best, so if its based on internet then its just unavoidable and i have to live with it, but sometimes it works just fine, itll load up and work as if nothing was ever wrong

sorry to say, but that is BS.  I'm having the same issues with a computer that can run Crysis 2, Dragon age 2, GTA4, etc at thier highest graphical modes, I can run SL in ultra mode with shadows and no lag (before these new clients started rolling out)  after a completely fresh install of windows and the necessary driver updates, The SL Client lags to hell on the login screen pushing 1FPS or lower.

Don't tell me it's my internet connection.  The page it shows, THAT is a webpage.  The login input boxes, the menus, the minimize/maximize/close buttons... Those are part of the program.  It is the Program that is causing this lag.  IF I can get through the lag and sign in I sometimes have to wait any amount of time between 5 minutes and a half-hour before my framerate suddenly skyrockets up to 70 and I can use ultramode again with NO lag at all. (AGAIN... This is AFTER I log in now.  Are we keeping up?  Good.)

So for it to suddenly "Wake up" and give me back my framerate a half hour after I log in is unacceptable.  LL needs to fix this issue ASAP.  It's not our computers, It's not our internet, It is NOT our drivers...  It is LL's software that they are releasing that is full of these bugs that is causing my SL to become non-existant.

Raxithe Volare wrote:

sorry to say, but that is BS.  I'm having the same issues with a computer that can run

I'm having good performances on a less powerful computer.

Raxithe Volare wrote:

LL needs to fix this issue ASAP.  It's not our computers, It's not our internet, It is NOT our drivers...  

Correct: it's YOUR computer, YOUR internet, YOUR drivers.

LL doesn't need to fix anything, as the viewer runs fine on my computer. (can you see something wrong here?...yeah - it's assuming that our own experience is the only relevant one).

• 3 weeks later...

PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING - and I perceive the same or very similiar results of logging on with this recent 'upgrade' version of viewer 2. 1. All the groups I belong to pop open with ding ding ding ding - even though the boxes to uncheck if you dont want notices have no check in them. And group chats keep popping up even though I have deselectde the ability to have IM or group chat pop ups. I turned this off multiple times in every single viewer - more than once more than twice more than 3 times and saved it every way possible and they keep opening up. I hate it. I hate the dinging noise when a message or chat opens up. I want a way to turn that off besides stopping all sounds.

I like hearing ocean waves, birds singing, music but dont ding me to death with notices okay ??

ALSO this slow rezzing.. come on I have a decent video card a GeForce with 1 gig ram. I shouldnt have to wait 20 minutes plus for a area to load. NO its not my computer I have a dual core processor PC with 3 gig ram and as I mentioned 1 gig on the video card too. I run windows 7, I have 2 hard drives .. and Im on a designated cable modem with maximum speed service - not wireless, not dsl, CABLE INTERNET MAXXXXXXXX

and it still sucks. If this is  good to you, then maybe your expectations of service and quality are much lower than mine. BUT I have seen it be much better than this before and it was until the recent upgrade of the viewer so why should we sit and be satisfied with poor performance ? WHY GO BACKWARDS ? It should improve.. not degrade service.

I have probably 8 tickets in support over various problems related to thmis upgraded viewer - I have provided a full system information report of my PC, I have provided a trace route of all hops from my PC to the main linden web server or at least its DNS server - and I have provided copies of my speed tests proving my internet connection speed is above 20 Mbps -

Cleaning out cache files, everything viewer 2 or viewer 1 or SL related phoenix related firestorm related imprudence relate d - removing it all every single file and folder and running advanced system care pro  to clean my system and reboot my PC 2 times did not fix these issues.. I still have trouble with teleporting. I stilll have problems crashing / being logged out involuntarily. Someone needs to grab a cup of coffee............. walk down the hall and relieve themselves and then sit down and find out what the bug is thats causing this.

PLEASE dont pass the buck and say its the people. FIX this.

• 3 weeks later...

When my computer runs it fine before this mesh update and then lags horribly afterwards (even though meshes are supposed to be much faster) and Secondlife is utilizing ZERO MB of Video RAM even though its got 2Gig onboard and the lag can exist from login till I'm in game from anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 hours and then suddenly Zip-Zoom I'm back up to 60FPS out of nowhere when I was stumbling along with 1.0FPS or less just before, Yeah its a problem with the program and LL and NOT my computer.  Stuff your "It MUST be your computer/drivers/internet/usage/virus" retorts, they are invalid in this aspect.

Please move along.

On a further note, I could run 2 sometimes 3 viewer windows on the High Graphic setting with 20fps between the three with no issue before these latest updates.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.