Don't doubt them when they tell you...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

As someone recently said, pictures or it never happened.

Sure. There's precious little out there that's truly bound and rigged for male mesh bodies. I have plenty of looser mesh corsets and corseted/loosely-laced shirts, plus older mesh corsets that were made for system bodies. This tailcoat by ContraptioN is one of the best recent pieces:

Merciful the sky
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hmm.. when it comes to SL relationships I always start from a position of being suspicious & cautious.  Reason being that a lot of people come here to explore different things that they might neve

No one is in any way offended by who or what you are attracted to. What was appalling, was how you expressed your idea of what a woman is, what womanhood is. Had you just diddled around in private aro

I'm not a huge fan of people, especially crowds of people, in either world. I'm not so much so, to the point that I'm completely socially inept, but I'll pick a quiet evening at home over a night-out

Posted Images

On 12/18/2020 at 7:42 PM, Jordan Whitt said:

and then I found out that their whole SL was a lie, they weren't who they made out they were and it was all them living out a fantasy...well the friendship would be destroyed.

The fantasy isn't the issue so much, but ending the fantasy someone has chosen to incorporate into their own SLs and suddenly replacing it with something new and expecting people to be fine with it that is the problem.

• Like 7
14 hours ago, Talligurl said:

The fantasy isn't the issue so much, but ending the fantasy someone has chosen to incorporate into their own SLs and suddenly replacing it with something new and expecting people to be fine with it that is the problem.

Pretty much, Second Life is that fantasy land overall. I just don't question things anymore... I mean... it's what they do. I get some flack for having female avs and I'm thinking: "You know what you signed up for".

When someone questions what you wanna do in SL, being the land it is and thus tries to change you and mold you into something you're not and what they want then it's a sign of a bad friendship. That to me is a friendship that's destroyed, not the other way around.

And I'll put it bluntly; they can kindly piss off as such.

Edited by Simo Vodopan
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Talligurl said:

The telling is to make the teller feel better not the person they tell.  Can't live with the lie?  Don't lie but know that when you do tell the truth, you're doing it for yourself.  Expecting the other person to be fine with it is wishful thinking.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

The telling is to make the teller feel better not the person they tell.  Can't live with the lie?  Don't lie but know that when you do tell the truth, you're doing it for yourself.  Expecting the other person to be fine with it is wishful thinking.

Yeah, true. That's the difference... if some guy is lying and just playing mind-games with people then that's the issue I have. But if they're open and honest from the start then it's alright; live your fantasy my guy. In the case of female avs and cat-fishing; that doesn't fly with me. Me? I'm a honest guy, I'll tell ya up-front if I'm a dude behind a female av and my intentions.

I like to think of it like this:

Fantasy / malicious fantasy.

A fine line between them both.

Edited by Simo Vodopan
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Sure. There's precious little out there that's truly bound and rigged for male mesh bodies. I have plenty of looser mesh corsets and corseted/loosely-laced shirts, plus older mesh corsets that were made for system bodies. This tailcoat by ContraptioN is one of the best recent pieces:

Merciful the sky

That is gorgeous, I must say...the details exceptional.  That is a Victorian Men's Waist Coat.

You can see Victorian Men's Waist Coats here:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ALeKk03DOZ57MVEbB517mwZIma1VS9N5rQ%3A1608664989565&source=hp&biw=1120&bih=626&ei=nUfiX6zvH8aotQW-7YSYCw&q=victorian+waist+coat&oq=victorian+waist+coat&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzICCAA6BAgjECc6CAgAELEDEIMBOgUIABCxAzoECAAQAzoECAAQHjoGCAAQBRAeOgYIABAIEB5Q5BBYsitgxjJoAHAAeACAAdsBiAHyE5IBBjIuMTcuMZgBAKABAaoBC2d3cy13aXotaW1n&sclient=img&ved=0ahUKEwjssY2KqOLtAhVGVK0KHb42AbMQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Can't live with the lie

Yeah that sounds much better than "I would rather be playing a different character with this person, so I am just going to switch directions."

Edited by Talligurl
On 12/21/2020 at 10:52 AM, FairreLilette said:
On 12/21/2020 at 10:08 AM, Moondira said:

I suggest starting a new topic FairreLilette, as this is interesting. Maybe one named Definitions Of Beauty - Oppression And Benefits. We could include men in the discussion too. I'm terribly busy in RL but would check back in most definitely.

Perhaps but it really came up as a poster may have been saying Bagnu was bad for perpetrating the stereotype of the sexed up women or the sexed up sex worker or however it was worded.  I do not see SL as the problem that could really hurt women as to me it's just fantasies and, to me, I see aspects of women's attire from the past that make me reflect on things but it can not actually do damage to me to be dressed up "whorish" or "sexed up" or stereotyped or whatever in SL.  I said the exploitation of women in real life is what really has done the damage.  Second Life is fantasy and dress up and stuff many of us would not do in real life, and even sometimes it's role play or a kind of acting.  The damage to women, as far as I am concerned, is real life.  That is how this came up.  As far as discussing other damages to women or men in the name of vanity or a type of imprisonment, I'm not sure I want to start a thread at this time.  

And now we have another topic. How much of RL is embedded in our SL character?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.