Lelutka Alain mesh head.

ballparkdogg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I saw a free Lelutka head for free I rushed to get the male Alain mesh head.  Lelutka make nice heads.  It wasn’t till I tried it on with the default shape and shrunk down to the size of Bilbo Baggins.  I thought it was for a child avatar.  I am Joe Public or Joe average so any great undertaking to modify doesnt interest me but it was free

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, ballparkdogg said:

When I saw a free Lelutka head for free I rushed to get the male Alain mesh head.  Lelutka make nice heads.  It wasn’t till I tried it on with the default shape and shrunk down to the size of Bilbo Baggins.  I thought it was for a child avatar.  I am Joe Public or Joe average so any great undertaking to modify doesnt interest me but it was free

You can seek out premade shapes on the MP if you don't want to futz around with the sliders on your own.

• Like 1

I didn't try the default shape. I occasionally try default shapes on, giggle at them, then I make my own from scratch. The default ones can occasionally be good for having a starting point, but the proportions are usually geared towards the giant T-rex-pinhead crowd. That it's short just sounds like they actually may have gone for something a little more realistic. What is the avi height?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ballparkdogg said:

any great undertaking to modify doesnt interest me

It takes all of two to three minutes to scribble down the slider numbers from the Body, Torso, and Legs tabs of your regular shape and input them onto the Lelutka shape, then save it. Inputting my usual body sliders is the very first thing I do for the default shape of any new mesh head that I pick up.

• Like 9

So let’s see, free full-feature head, free starter shape - but actually complaining and can’t be bothered to make your own shape or just buy one you like if the default (and modifiable) one isn’t your preference? Duuuude. Waow. Just....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

So let’s see, free full-feature head, free starter shape - but actually complaining and can’t be bothered to make your own shape or just buy one you like if the default (and modifiable) one isn’t your preference? Duuuude. Waow. Just....

He would be the perfect target customer base the shape stores cater to.

18 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I’d agree and some people make some amazing shapes! He said in another thread that he doesn’t put any money in the game though so I assumed he probably wouldn’t be a likely customer.

Edited by Fauve Aeon

58 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Would he? I can't say I paid any attention to what shape stores sell these days for either female or male avatars, but included free shape OP is complaining about is 1.93m. So unless those shape stores/makers still live in the old dark days of SL and consider 2.3m a "good height", then he won't like those shapes too.

And yeah, weird that he didn't complain about having to go pick it up in the first place. It's too much work after all, just like spending a few minutes to change the shape.

3 hours ago, ballparkdogg said:

I even like it and plan to make a shape for it and I'm a real life female.  It's an amazing gift and I think it's very cool. But, if you don't like it, you don't like it.   I jumped at the chance for the free heads and the black friday sales.

Here is a free shape I found on Marketplace.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/littleaxolotlAlain-25-Shape-Lelu-Evo-Alain-25/20916429

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Would he? I can't say I paid any attention to what shape stores sell these days for either female or male avatars, but included free shape OP is complaining about is 1.93m. So unless those shape stores/makers still live in the old dark days of SL and consider 2.3m a "good height", then he won't like those shapes too.

And yeah, weird that he didn't complain about having to go pick it up in the first place. It's too much work after all, just like spending a few minutes to change the shape.

For reals? He could easily take the default Lelutka shape, take the height slider to 100 and be done with it. Easy peasy.

Or he's just a dumb lazy git.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Here is a free shape I found on Marketplace.  

Unfortunately none of this shop’s shapes are going to look the same way in my viewer as they do in their photos because they are taking them with the distortion of the SL lens. @Orwarexplains it really well here, it’s a really common thing most of us have done when we start taking photos. But it really affects how we see things if we zoom up on them with alt+zoom, when we make shapes or are taking photos. 

9FCEB8EC-C1FE-4F60-9B9E-CFF9C87A4AC6.thumb.jpeg.445462cf3e5b632dfa34af393dc8a4fc.jpeg

...and a RL example.

• Like 3

Just now, PermaRuthed said:

For reals? He could easily take the default Lelutka shape, take the height slider to 100 and be done with it. Easy peasy.

Or he's just a dumb lazy git.

To really height max and be the king of SL V-men you need to lengthen your torso, legs and neck too...to squeeze out those extra cm! 🤣

My current head and body I did very little.  I just matched skins.  My friend with me watched me try the head on with default shape and thought I was going to be her son now.  I looked 3 feet shorter.  Looks nice for someone that has time to futz around with sliders and shapes

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ballparkdogg said:

My current head and body I did very little.  I just matched skins.  My friend with me watched me try the head on with default shape and thought I was going to be her son now.  I looked 3 feet shorter.  Looks nice for someone that has time to futz around with sliders and shapes

I just tried the head and the default shape on for the first time.  The head is gorgeous, a real hunk, and very realistic looking.  I didn't care for the body either.

The women are almost always very air-brushed compared to the males that have realistic looking mouths and just more realism - less air-brushed, etc...so I think you men are very lucky and I also think the male avatars are the good-looking ones.   The free shape I posted above is much taller but I like the default shape for Alain better - it's gorgeous, but yes the body does seem beefier compared to the head.  

You could try the free shape in the link above just to see cuz this guy's a hunk.  It is a much taller shape - much.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

I just tried the head and the default shape on for the first time.  The head is gorgeous, a real hunk, and very realistic looking.  I didn't care for the body either.

The women are almost always very air-brushed compared to the males that have realistic looking mouths and just more realism - less air-brushed, etc...so I think you men are very lucky and I also think the male avatars are the good-looking ones.   The free shape I posted above is much taller but I like the default shape for Alain better - it's gorgeous, but yes the body does seem beefier compared to the head.  

You could try the free shape in the link above just to see.  It is much taller.  

Or he could just jot down the numbers on his current body and plug them into the Alain shape as @Skell Daggersuggested.  Probably take all.of 15 minutes but who has 15 mins. in SL to futz around?  Oh wait....anyone logging in?  SL, a great place to spend free time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Or he could just jot down the numbers on his current body and plug them into the Alain shape as @Skell Daggersuggested.  Probably take all.of 15 minutes but who has 15 mins. in SL to futz around?  Oh wait....anyone logging in?  SL, a great place to spend free time.

Yah I know but the taller shape is free, although the head shape on the default shape you get with the Lelutka head is hunkier.  It's a great looking head.   I love making shapes but on this one I like him just as he is face-wise but I found the body does look a bit too beefy for the size of the head.  

Edited by FairreLilette

3 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Yah I know but the taller shape is free, although the head shape on the default shape you get with the Lelutka head is hunkier.  It's a great looking head.   I love making shapes but on this one I like him just as he is face-wise but I found the body does look a bit too beefy for the size of the head.  

Right and he likes his current shape so even with a free shape, it won't be the way his is now so....same problem.  I often start with the default shape that comes with a skin not a head.  Then I just plug in my current body numbers.  Easy peasy.

9 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Right and he likes his current shape so even with a free shape, it won't be the way his is now so....same problem.  I often start with the default shape that comes with a skin not a head.  Then I just plug in my current body numbers.  Easy peasy.

I don't know...he mentioned taller is all I see in his OP.   I can't even see what his avatar really looks like even in his avatar badge forum pic, but he does look like he has tall legs.  Plus, I'm trying to help him not giving him advice on the way I do it.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Wait, wait...no he didn't say he wants his current shape is what I am trying to say to you, Rowan...he said THE HEIGHT IS TOO SHORT.  Bilbo Baggins is a Hobbit, and Hobbit's are small in height plus a bit beefy.  He doesn't want to mess around with the sliders.  So, why not try the free shape I linked above as it's way taller.  Then, all he'd have to do is adjust very minorly the height if it's not exact.  Also, the shape I linked above has a very nice tall presence, kind of stately.  It's free too!  lol  Don't like the free shape, just toss in the trash bin.

1 hour ago, ballparkdogg said:

My current head and body I did very little.  I just matched skins.

Which leads me to think he's quite happy with his shape as is.  And as @Fauve Aeonpointed out, the face (which is what he did like) won't look the same with that free shape.  He'd end up having to do more work on the head than if he simply plugged in the number from his current body from the neck.down.

5 hours ago, ballparkdogg said:

I have a male alt with that head, I can make you a shape for free, let me know.

6 hours ago, ballparkdogg said:

I thought it was for a child avatar

31 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Which leads me to think he's quite happy with his shape as is.  And as @Fauve Aeonpointed out, the face (which is what he did like) won't look the same with that free shape.  He'd end up having to do more work on the head than if he simply plugged in the number from his current body from the neck.down.

I'm not here to mind read.  Not even what sliders he is willing to futz around with.

Above his quote says "child avatar" meaning too short, and then said his friend said he looks like her son now.  

Rolls eyes and shakes head.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I'm not here to mind read.  Not even what sliders he is willing to futz around with.

Above his quote says "child avatar" meaning too short, and then said his friend he looks like her son now.  

Rolls eyes and shakes head.  

/me rolls them back

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.