I have holes in my head...

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone know how to fix this? I have a neko look for Seicher. Genus head. When I put bento ears on, Sweet Things Neko Ears Bento (attached on the skull), no matter how I fuss with the ears on the Genus head, I get HOLES in the side of the head. I don't know if these screenshots really show it. But they are great big dents, that the skin pattern follows. It is like the head is made of clay and someone just pushed a big old spoon in my head.

I can't wear a lot of hairs because they have to COVER the divots!

If I don't have the neko ears on, but still "hide" my Genus ears, there is a blank hole there, too. :/

Anyone out there know what could be causing this?

image.thumb.png.1bbb6ad164047cff3ca3c8c3549370ea.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Anyone know how to fix this? I have a neko look for Seicher. Genus head. When I put bento ears on, Sweet Things Neko Ears Bento (attached on the skull), no matter how I fuss with the ears on the Genus head, I get HOLES in the side of the head. I don't know if these screenshots really show it. But they are great big dents, that the skin pattern follows. It is like the head is made of clay and someone just pushed a big old spoon in my head.

I can't wear a lot of hairs because they have to COVER the divots!

If I don't have the neko ears on, but still "hide" my Genus ears, there is a blank hole there, too. :/

Anyone out there know what could be causing this?

image.thumb.png.1bbb6ad164047cff3ca3c8c3549370ea.png

Try resetting skeleton?

• Like 2

As far as I know, that's just how Genus heads do it. It's a rather peculiar design choice, as it can make fitting human mesh ears a chore as well (the hole is pretty big). Depending on how the neko ears are rigged, you can try to just reduce the ear size to 0, and see whether they're still visible.

• Like 3

Just now, Miakis Heartsong said:

I also use Genus, but in my case I'm using ears from aii.

Looked it up, and apparently Neph's ears are from aii as well. It's the tail that's from Sweet Thing in her case! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Seicher Rae said:

Type slowly. I'm stupid. :)

Right-click your avi -> Appearance > Reset > Skel & Anim (unborks your avi if your bones has been dislocated). 

But yeah, the hole isn't a skeleton issue but a design fla-- Choice. A design choice. Ahem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Right-click your avi -> Appearance > Reset > Skel & Anim (unborks your avi if your bones has been dislocated). 

But yeah, the hole isn't a skeleton issue but a design fla-- Choice. A design choice. Ahem.

I'd say flaw, too.  That and the shape of the head put me off.  Narrow lower half no matter what and a top half that looked like a mushroom.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I tried and tried with every genus head but never had any luck getting a look I liked.

I wanted to go close in to my system look. Ok, not every one wants to do that, but I did. I spent a lot of time on my system head, and made things the way I wanted on purpose! Defensive! NO I AM NOT!!!!!

ehem. Anyway

I had an AK head, one of their firsts, and it got close. But ugh, finding skins etc. Plus the animations... I tried several Lelutka. I liked the looks and the huds and the skin availability but couldn't get the look right. Lips are a problem because I don't like duck lips. Even Lelutka was a problem with that. (Like has anyone who designs a head ever seen a white person's lips???) ehem. Anyway. The Genus Classic nailed it for me. In fact, I could have gotten even closer in to system SR, but no, mesh has its advantages.

ETA: I don't like lots of things about Catwa, so never tried.

Edited by Seicher Rae

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

I wanted to go close in to my system look. Ok, not every one wants to do that, but I did. I spent a lot of time on my system head, and made things the way I wanted on purpose! Defensive! NO I AM NOT!!!!!

ehem. Anyway

I had an AK head, one of their firsts, and it got close. But ugh, finding skins etc. Plus the animations... I tried several Lelutka. I liked the looks and the huds and the skin availability but couldn't get the look right. Lips are a problem because I don't like duck lips. Even Lelutka was a problem with that. (Like has anyone who designs a head ever seen a white person's lips???) ehem. Anyway. The Genus Classic nailed it for me. In fact, I could have gotten even closer in to system SR, but no, mesh has its advantages.

I never tried too hard to look like my system head. I just had my first head stuck in inventory for over a month, tweaking this and that until I was actually comfortable seeing myself differently.  It was 2 months at least before I wore it regularly.

• Like 1

I used to think, in RL, that I have nice, full-ish lips for a white girl. Then I came to SL. Where golly, a B-cup bra = flat and Angelina Jolie lips are also rather on the small side. :/

ETA: Apparently my RL assbutt is about right though. Yuuuuuge. :) ;D

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I might, possibly, been having some liquid medicine, and so somehow have derailed my own thread about head holes into one about mushroom heads... I blame Orwar.

Just wait.  The mods will be in this thread to delete off topic posts.

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

Just wait.  The mods will be in this thread to delete off topic posts.

I know

sigh

I think I'll crawl off to bed now. I will play with the holes in my head tomorrow. And I realize that old hair in the system picture will cover the divots if I can't fix the ear problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

I used to think, in RL, that I have nice, full-ish lips for a white girl. Then I came to SL. Where golly, a B-cup bra = flat and Angelina Jolie lips are also rather on the small side. :/

When I first came to SL, it was all white girl skins dyed brown so making lips look anything close to RL was nearly impossible.  I think the only black skins I could find all looked ashy.  I will say that the mesh head generation of skins is 100% better.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.