Trying to recreate my pre-BOM look

Sakura Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I’ve grown quite attached to the shape and look of my avatar.  I’ve been using a Lelutka Origins line head but have recently been experimenting with moving on to BOM as I’ve bought a Lelutka Evolutions head.  

I was wondering if it is possible to recreate my original shape on these new types of heads.  I’ve spent many hours playing with shapes and can’t seem to capture my original look.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Sakura Sands said:

I’ve grown quite attached to the shape and look of my avatar.  I’ve been using a Lelutka Origins line head but have recently been experimenting with moving on to BOM as I’ve bought a Lelutka Evolutions head.  

I was wondering if it is possible to recreate my original shape on these new types of heads.  I’ve spent many hours playing with shapes and can’t seem to capture my original look.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

The Origins line has been updated to BoM for a while.  You get an update for the old head via redelivery.  If you were using an applier skin for the Origins head, check if the skin maker has updated your skin of choice to BoM and if so, get a redelivery for it too.

As for the Evolutions head, it's more a matter of time, patience, and more experimenting with number sliders and skin demos until you come close to your goal.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sakura Sands said:

It REALLY depends on the head, the maker of the head and the shape of your old head.  I am pretty good with the sliders and had a successful shape shop long ago BUT it took me days to get "Chic" looking anywhere close to old Chic .In that case it was the thin nose that was the problem on a thin face. Today I tacked Lani (the building alt) and while the nose and mouth were super easy I could NOT get close to her face shape.  I doubt I will be able to.   I have seen the same issues with different makers of head.   They are all different and sculpted in different manners and rigged differently. In the case of Letlutka they are apparently not mapped to the standard UV so that can be another issue.

The answer is a resounding MAYBE :D.   If you have already bought your head then you can certainly try.  For those who haven't and really WANT to "recreate" the exact same look, I suggest spending a LOT of time with the demos until you get a shape that is very close.  

Good luck.

I have a tutorial for Lilly here: https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2020/12/playing-with-lilly-tutorial-of-sorts.html

You can see that I didn't get all that close but I definitely love the HUD on Lilly so will see if I bond with the new Chic. Same with Lani. She looks good but not the same. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

It REALLY depends on the head, the maker of the head and the shape of your old head.  I am pretty good with the sliders and had a successful shape shop long ago BUT it took me days to get "Chic" looking anywhere close to old Chic .In that case it was the thin nose that was the problem on a thin face. Today I tacked Lani (the building alt) and while the nose and mouth were super easy I could NOT get close to her face shape.  I doubt I will be able to.   I have seen the same issues with different makers of head.   They are all different and sculpted in different manners and rigged differently. In the case of Letlutka they are apparently not mapped to the standard UV so that can be another issue.

The answer is a resounding MAYBE :D.   If you have already bought your head then you can certainly try.  For those who haven't and really WANT to "recreate" the exact same look, I suggest spending a LOT of time with the demos until you get a shape that is very close.  

Good luck.

I have a tutorial for Lilly here: https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2020/12/playing-with-lilly-tutorial-of-sorts.html

You can see that I didn't get all that close but I definitely love the HUD on Lilly so will see if I bond with the new Chic. Same with Lani. She looks good but not the same. 

Oh that is so helpful.  Thank you, Chic.  There is a softness to the old Lelutka heads that I'm trying to recapture with the new ones that is eluding me.  I thought maybe it was user error xD but after reading what you have tried I think maybe some looks will just not be possible with the new heads.  Thanks for all the information.

• Like 1

I hear you Sakura. For me, it was mostly that there was a "stern" look in the eyes of the updated version. I was not able to make the updated head 100% the same, but after a while, I did not notice. From pictures, the free head Lelutka gives away now had a bit rounder/heartshaped look. Have you tried it?

I have picked it up, but I really had not had time to work with the free heads, but they sit nice in my inventory in case there is a great weekend sale skin offer that tempt me to tackle a new look.

• Like 1

The Evolution noses and head shapes look stronger/less delicate than Origins heads that I liked IMO.  I have spent many hours playing with the two bom heads that I have and I still prefer my old look 🤣.  Well at least I worked out how to make Avi Glam eyes work with the old heads.

57 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I hear you Sakura. For me, it was mostly that there was a "stern" look in the eyes of the updated version. I was not able to make the updated head 100% the same, but after a while, I did not notice. From pictures, the free head Lelutka gives away now had a bit rounder/heartshaped look. Have you tried it?

I have picked it up, but I really had not had time to work with the free heads, but they sit nice in my inventory in case there is a great weekend sale skin offer that tempt me to tackle a new look.

The Evolution noses and head shapes look stronger/less delicate than the Origins heads that I liked IMO.  I have spent many hours playing with the two bom heads that I have and I still prefer my old look 🤣.  Well at least I worked out how to make Avi Glam eyes work with the old heads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sakura Sands said:

The Evolution noses and head shapes look stronger/less delicate than the Origins heads that I liked IMO.  I have spent many hours playing with the two bom heads that I have and I still prefer my old look 🤣.  Well at least I worked out how to make Avi Glam eyes work with the old heads.

New is not better always. I agree that you should keep your look, the Origins heads will be popular a long time.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.