Offline IM email noticfication doesn't work anymore?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

That makes me wonder which end the problem really is on. Yes, it is a bit more likely to be on LL's end (since it does not appear to only be affecting a singular service) I do still wonder what the actual cause is.

For reference, the email on said bank alt is a GMail address.

I have other avatars using the same gmail addresses - and no issue. Just two affected avatars.

I am guessing more because I had to re-verify when I switched, but not when I swapped BACK there's something bugged in LL's stuff somewhere.

Forum alerts, Jira alerts - all ok, using the same gmail account and original one linked to this avatar. It is JUST offline stuff & MP notifications as I can see.

Google has an outage today.  (I realize that may not be affecting the failure with Yahoo.)

One of the other email services I use reports that:

"A catastrophic failure at Gmail is causing emails sent to Gmail to permanently fail and bounce back. The error message from Gmail is the following:
550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist."

Translation for the non-techies: This is interpreted as a permanent failure, which means automatic retries won't happen. (That is a standard practice for handling permanent failures.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norsk Himmel said:

I have other avatars using the same gmail addresses - and no issue. Just two affected avatars.

I am guessing more because I had to re-verify when I switched, but not when I swapped BACK there's something bugged in LL's stuff somewhere.

Forum alerts, Jira alerts - all ok, using the same gmail account and original one linked to this avatar. It is JUST offline stuff & MP notifications as I can see.

Yes. I received responses to my tickets, forum alerts. Nothing else. So it's not a gmail thing (at least not entirely)

So I switched to another gmail account and tested with the alt.

Alt received her purchase confirmation to the gmail account the main is not receiving MP emails or offlines from!!!

Main received her sales confirmation into the newly set up account...

I hope this doesn't go on much longer... messing with my records, missing the filters specially set up for those mails...

35 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Explanation

That doesn't explain why other avatars using the same addresses were receiving fine. If the destination address was reporting as "failed to deliver" that would apply to those avatars as well, surely.

And then swapping the addresses for the 2 affected avatars resolved the issue, then they died again when swapping back.

Edited by Norsk Himmel

27 minutes ago, Norsk Himmel said:

That doesn't explain why other avatars using the same addresses were receiving fine. If the destination address was reporting as "failed to deliver" that would apply to those avatars as well, surely.

And then swapping the addresses for the 2 affected avatars resolved the issue, then they died again when swapping back.

Except .... it does.

Not all users would have had messages being sent to their e-mail during the time the Outage occurred nor did the outage appear to affect all Google service users (one of my GMail addresses got e-mail from several sources just fine during that time and none of the other services I use showed any sign of being affected).

This does not cover anyone who had a non-Google address.

Remember that Outages and the like do not affect every user, equally. Such cases are usually treated/marked as an entire system failure.

40 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Except .... it does.

Not all users would have had messages being sent to their e-mail during the time the Outage occurred nor did the outage appear to affect all Google service users (one of my GMail addresses got e-mail from several sources just fine during that time and none of the other services I use showed any sign of being affected).

This does not cover anyone who had a non-Google address.

Remember that Outages and the like do not affect every user, equally. Such cases are usually treated/marked as an entire system failure.

I tested avatars using the same email at the same time - sending them IMs while offline from a third account. 1 received the offline to email, 1 did not, to the same email address.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad they seem to be arriving fine now, but I do not believe the reasoning given. Too many flaws, IMHO

On 12/15/2020 at 3:09 PM, aurorayok2006 said:

i have offline IM noticfication on , both in my account setting and firestorm setting

but i started to don't get any offline im in my email at all that's worried me since i gotta contact people and my IM usually capped offline and i won't know i have messages in if my offline IM doesn't work anymore.. 😥

Exactly the same thing has happened to me. I’m on gmail and got my last offlines on 15th. I tried opting out of offlines and opting in again to see if that would fix it, but it didn’t. This is déjà vu for me - the same thing happened a while back and the only solution I found was to change email addy.

NB: I still get emails from LL when I buy currency, buy on Mp, or when they bill me each month.

Edited by Francesca Alva
added details of email provider (gmail)

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.