I've seen you can play SL on iPhone? Can you get full SL access on iPhone somehow? :)

WADE1 Jya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is this verified TPV access? Of course I would be careful what I use to access Second Life..... if its somehow a legit full version of SL on iPhone how to get it :matte-motes-inlove:

Would be cool to hear a Linden weigh in :matte-motes-whistle:

Many thanks, WADE1

7 answers to this question

Before you get too excited about it, here's the description....

iPhone and iPad Client for Second Life® - Log into Second Life at any time from your iPhone or iPod Touch. The most complete mobile client for accessing Second Life, providing easy access to all major functions. Use Pocket Metaverse to stay in touch with your Second Life friends while you're at work or away from your computer. If you do business in Second Life, you will find this an invaluable tool for reading and responding to notecards left for you by your customers.

Pocket Metaverse provides the following features:

• Instant Messaging & Chat
  • Friends List with Who's Online
  • World Map and Teleporting
  • MiniMap with Who's Nearby
  • Profiles, Groups, Search
  • Giving, Receiving, and Managing Inventory
  • Read Notecards and view Snapshots and Textures
  • Upload and Download from the Photo Album and Camera
  • Payments
  • Parcel Media
  • Much More!

Notice the big thing that's not there...... You can't actually see anything in world, and you can't move except by TP.  This is basically a handy tool for people who are running a business in world and need to be able to manage inventory, keep in touch with customers, and handle finances. The "much more" doesn't include the part that most of use value most ... being in world visually.  It is a pretty cool tool, but it's not SL the way you're used to it.

• Like 3

Good post Rolig :)

You can move by a means other than TP on Radegast, I don`t know about any of the others, but on that one there is a follow feature where you can follow anyone on your radar. Its hilarious but it does feel kinda creepy, like a living dead movie, being followed around by one lol :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.