Deploy to Main Server on Tuesday 15th

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well so there wil be a roll to Main Server on Tuesday.  Good.  Perhaps this time you will remember to roll Woods of Heaven!  We were left out of Friday's remedial roll to 553685, and Support simply told me that we had to wait for the next roll to get the region back to normal.  Fortunately the wait has not been a long one.

Colour me confused but while the post header on the GSP states the rolls are to the Main Second Life server, the body text says that the RC channels are to be rolled as well.  Which is correct?

Edited by Aishagain
Additional information

6 hours ago, Aishagain said:

Well so there wil be a roll to Main Server on Tuesday.  Good.  Perhaps this time you will remember to roll Woods of Heaven!  We were left out of Friday's remedial roll to 553685, and Support simply told me that we had to wait for the next roll to get the region back to normal.  Fortunately the wait has not been a long one.

Colour me confused but while the post header on the GSP states the rolls are to the Main Second Life server, the body text says that the RC channels are to be rolled as well.  Which is correct?

Check the notes on the new version of Cool VL Viewer, and what Henri said about the Thanksgiving Bakefail in the Forums. It doesn't look trivial but the tools to fix things without the Lindens look to be available. 

(Yesterday, I ended up having to log in to my router with ssh to sort out a problem. Henri's fix looks to be at a similar level of geekiness, so not for many of the people I see posting in the Forums.)

• Lindens
15 hours ago, Aishagain said:

We intentionally didn't roll a fraction of the Magnum and Second Life Server hosts last Friday to minimize the disruption to the grid. Everything that we didn't roll on Friday should be updated today. And that should conclude the rolls for this week, but we do have a few more end of year changes we're working on, so watch this forum and the grid status blog for information on any additional rolls.

• Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.