Account perm banned...!? :-o

Subsonic Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is not the norm and we don't hear about things (assuming this is a correct rendition of the story) like this happening often -- well I can't remember any actually.  Normally folks that get permanently banned know what they did. 

BUT if you read the TOS LL has complete control and we have none so there really is nothing she can do about it. She might be able to make a new account with a proxy or different ISP address. I don't know anything techie at all in that  area. But if she lost her account, she lost it. We all take that chance.  I know someone who basically worked for LL and almost lost their account, so it CAN happen. He was lucky and talked his way out of it -- beyond that I don't know the details. 

She can try and start over or move to another platform. I personally don't see any other choices.  It would "seem" that there must have been something to trigger this ban. Maybe she needs to think a bit harder. 

5 hours ago, Subsonic Oh said:

a reported ToS violation regarding SL intellectual property policy, and they don't have to give out further details

I would think if this were the case, she most certainly would be given details as to what, although not who filed the complaint so she would be able to defend against it.  They didn't ban the owner of Genus when someone filed against them.  They did have to stop selling but I'm sure they were given details.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.