'Cannot create requested inventory'

Taylor Dallas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I decided to move to a different parcel today, so I grabbed all my stuff as a single object. Once I got to the new parcel, I rezzed a prim on it and moved it up to the sky. After that, I rezzed the single object thing and waited until it rezzed (it takes some time to do so). However, I got a message saying the land owner did not allow doing that. After that, I had another system message saying: "cannot create requested inventory". Now said item isn't either in my inventory or in-world. I have already recreated LSL Bridge and relogged, but this hasn't helped. This is particularly annoying as I had a rare within all those objects.

Is there anything I can do to have it back? 

3 answers to this question

Oh dear. 

I've lost a great many No Copy objects by trying to rez them when my camera position (not the attempted rez position of the object) was outside my parcel boundaries.  I've never gotten any of them back, either.

The only thing I can suggest is to file a support case with LL and see if they can do a rollback on your prior region so you can retrieve the objects a second time, or work some other magic.  If you are not currently a Premium member, it may be worthwhile to get a Premium membership for a month to take advantage of better technical support.

6 hours ago, Chris Zeitman said:

I decided to move to a different parcel today, so I grabbed all my stuff as a single object. Once I got to the new parcel, I rezzed a prim on it and moved it up to the sky. After that, I rezzed the single object thing and waited until it rezzed (it takes some time to do so). However, I got a message saying the land owner did not allow doing that. After that, I had another system message saying: "cannot create requested inventory". Now said item isn't either in my inventory or in-world. I have already recreated LSL Bridge and relogged, but this hasn't helped. This is particularly annoying as I had a rare within all those objects.

Is there anything I can do to have it back? 

Sometimes, clearing your inventory cache will then show the item on next login.  Sometimes, logging in with a different viewer, which would be using a different cache, will allow it to show in the inventory.

In the future, the safe thing to do is never have No Copy items within your coalesced groupings.

On 12/13/2020 at 3:16 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

Oh dear. 

I've lost a great many No Copy objects by trying to rez them when my camera position (not the attempted rez position of the object) was outside my parcel boundaries.  I've never gotten any of them back, either.

The only thing I can suggest is to file a support case with LL and see if they can do a rollback on your prior region so you can retrieve the objects a second time, or work some other magic.  If you are not currently a Premium member, it may be worthwhile to get a Premium membership for a month to take advantage of better technical support.

On 12/13/2020 at 4:25 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Sometimes, clearing your inventory cache will then show the item on next login.  Sometimes, logging in with a different viewer, which would be using a different cache, will allow it to show in the inventory.

In the future, the safe thing to do is never have No Copy items within your coalesced groupings.

Thank you both for the help and sorry about the delay, I thought I had notifications enabled here and I ended up forgetting about the issue.

I did clear my inventory cache but that didn't help much. The good thing about all this is the one rare item I mentioned was returned to my inventory as a single object. I lost the building + deco, though. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.