You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I’m going through a bit of this myself and was wondering what other peoples experiences were. Do find yourself suffering from roleplay burnout? How often and why? Do you attempt to combat it, and if so, how? Alternatively, what fo you find yourself doing? What eventually draws you back to rp?

It really depends on the type of burnout. Often times the burnout I feel is about something specific about the roleplay such as managing story or people. Sometimes time away helps me recharge and resume, sometimes whatever is stressing me out has to change or be removed to completely resolve the burnout feelings. 

On 12/13/2020 at 9:27 PM, Liramaril said:

I’m going through a bit of this myself and was wondering what other peoples experiences were. Do find yourself suffering from roleplay burnout? How often and why? Do you attempt to combat it, and if so, how? Alternatively, what fo you find yourself doing? What eventually draws you back to rp?

I burned out in less than a week. Too many control freaks sim owners who acted more like griefers, and corporate owned sims who acted even worse. No creativity allowed at all in clothing or anything else makes for Bravo Sierra. It's one reason why the Wild West 39 sim connected continent now has 4 LOLOL. The ones that aren't connected were never part of it and are just as bad if not worse!

Edited by RangiUtu
  • Like 2

Depends on what happen, A couple years ago i was in a roleplay sim, had just come back to SL in 2018 and was apart of it for until June of this year when changes were made where the RP wasn't really fun anymore and not focusing on letting people know about these changes going on. I went away from the RP for like a month to come back everything had changed from rules to appearences for avatar aspect etc. I got burned out from it within 2 weeks of looking for an RP partner on the sim i just left because it wasn't full filling for my character's storyline at the time. I never really get burned out of RP because I enjoy it and use discord to RP with friends all the time as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

I like to keep it interesting. I can not deal with the big RP sims anymore. The themes do not appeal and I do no like huge playerbases. I can't rp in the same setting all the time either. Sometimes I take a break from RP but recently I just build small RP areas to use on my sim for me and a group of friends. We can be medieval one night, elves another and urban crime families the next. In general, if I have more than one setting to write in I don't burn out as I can just go do something else the next day and come back to whatever setting I don't want to rp in at the moment a few days later.

• Like 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.