You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Whenever I log into SL on no matter viewer (I use Firestorm the most) , I can move for like 5 seconds and then it instantly freezes and that stupid (Not Responding) always appears in the upper left corner

This has been going on for a few days, I have updated Firestorm and my laptop several times, cleared all the caches, the graphics are on the lowest setting but nothing works.

It's so annoying!

Is there anything I can do?

Was this happening BEFORE you updated to the new FS viewer?  If so did you try going back to the previous version? Others have reported similar issues.  Just a thought. 

EDIT: Also have you tried logging into a different sim -- like PLUM maybe or SMITH?   Might be a region issue. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

7 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Was this happening BEFORE you updated to the new FS viewer?  If so did you try going back to the previous version? Others have reported similar issues.  Just a thought. 

EDIT: Also have you tried logging into a different sim -- like PLUM maybe or SMITH?   Might be a region issue. 

Yes this was happening before I downloaded the new viewer (6.4.12.62831) I thought the update would help but this continues 
I have tried logging in to both PLUM and SMITH....nothing works

• Sad 1

@afr0taku94Have You made sure you have whitelisted your Viewer, cache and various .exe files in your antivirus?  If you don't know how, there are intructions in the FS wiki.  I will post the url in a moment.

Here it is https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/antivirus_whitelisting

Edited by Aishagain
addition of a url

This has been happening to me too! It started after I downloaded the Firestorm update (yesterday or the day before). It's really getting on my nerves. :( The SL viewer works for me, though.

Edited by Hrindell
mentioned when I updated.

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

@afr0taku94

In the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Help -> About Firestorm.
Click the "Copy to clipboard" button & paste all your system information here.

Firestorm 6.4.12 (62831) Dec  3 2020 22:34:49 (64bit / SSE2) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx   (2195.87 MHz)
Memory: 11925 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19042.685)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 10 Graphics
Graphics Card Memory: 256 MB

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.20.14501.18003
OpenGL Version: 4.6.14757 Compatibility Profile Context 20.11.2 27.20.14501.18003

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.40.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v8.0.6
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.01.05
Dullahan: 1.8.0.202007261348
  CEF: 81.3.10+gb223419+chromium-81.0.4044.138
  Chromium: 81.0.4044.138
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (High Contrast)
Window size: 1920x1017 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 64 m
Bandwidth: 50 kbit/s
LOD factor: 1.5
Render quality: Low (1/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: Yes
Texture memory: 192 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2020-12-12T23:46:44 
Built with MSVC version 1916
December 13 2020 07:58:40 SLT

• 1 month later...

Did anyone find a fix for this? I had the same problem. I did the same things - clean install, restarting/shutting down computer. I checked my drivers. I checked Avast and made sure on the whitelisting. I have a good internet provider and got my laptop last year. This didn't start happening until the last 2 days.

I finally got tired of wasting time troubleshooting, uninstalled, and sold my Lindens.

Only been with SL for 2 weeks. I was finally learning my way around a bit. It's a shame.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 10:01 AM, Clarapatra said:

Did anyone find a fix for this? I had the same problem. I did the same things - clean install, restarting/shutting down computer. I checked my drivers. I checked Avast and made sure on the whitelisting. I have a good internet provider and got my laptop last year. This didn't start happening until the last 2 days.

I finally got tired of wasting time troubleshooting, uninstalled, and sold my Lindens.

Only been with SL for 2 weeks. I was finally learning my way around a bit. It's a shame.

Did you check how much memory your system is using?

Did you check whether your system is paging memory when you run the SL Viewer?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.