Roleplay sims/groups without HUDS, dice, and other gamey mechanics

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are there any roleplay sims on SL for pure text-based roleplay without HUDs that keep track of skills and such? Or any place where paragraph roleplayers can search for partners?  I'm mainly looking for PG/story-driven RP.

I'd appreciate being spared essays on why this style of RP isn't "real" roleplay or that it's a bad idea.  I'm simply asking if this exists, and if so, where.

1 hour ago, TheKhajiit said:

Are there any roleplay sims on SL for pure text-based roleplay without HUDs that keep track of skills and such? Or any place where paragraph roleplayers can search for partners?  I'm mainly looking for PG/story-driven RP.

I'd appreciate being spared essays on why this style of RP isn't "real" roleplay or that it's a bad idea.  I'm simply asking if this exists, and if so, where.

Sorry I don't have any ideas for you but to me, the type of RP you describe is MORE RP than those that involve HUDs.  Those type seem more like video games than RP to me.  I wish you luck in your search.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm Bloodlines is one but its not combat or text hud based just basically being human or a creature like vampire, demon, angel or Lycan. It's PG but money and time consuming for looking for a clan and gaining rank. BY the way I love your name SKYRIM / ESO rocks! 

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, the vast majority of actual roleplaying happens in text, and few sims use any kind of combat system or the like. Those that do are usually trying to gamify the experience instead of improvising and roleplaying.

Welkin Sanctuary (my sim) is casual drop in medieval fantasy RP with no apps or huds. We are just a small group though, not a big community. Still, we are always happy to welcome new folks who want to chill and roleplay. 

Ward Hollow Modern Supernatural doesn't use a hud  or force the  be there for the XP grind -  rules are pretty chill and relaxed and its  a pretty awesome communiy - I'm bias ofc, but there isnt  a ton of hoops to hop through - the sim is entirely player driven - plots/storylines/ player groups. etc

Edited by VesperBunty
6 hours ago, Bitterthorn said:

Welkin Sanctuary (my sim) is casual drop in medieval fantasy RP with no apps or huds. We are just a small group though, not a big community. Still, we are always happy to welcome new folks who want to chill and roleplay. 

The area I teleported into looks stunning, I'll definitely be back as soon as I've got a fitting outfit sorted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Bitterthorn said:

I will stop by for sure i am looking for a medieval sim to hangout in and RP at. I just bought some medieval attire the other day for medieval RP.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.