seeking a multi-item menu select vendor script

Faye Mercury

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hiya, im working on a project in secondlife and i've searched up and down and sideways for a script like this but just cant seem to find anything that quite hits the mark. im not a scripter, nor do i have any idea what a name for a script like this would be called so even using search terms has been frustrating for me. im in need of a script that can sell multiple items from a single vendor (i am creating my own vending machine in blender with the help of my girlfriend) so that when the user selects the appropriate item theyre prompted to pay the respective price. i would like something you would be able to set prices and item names as necessary.

this is the closest i was able to find: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Box-Thoranua-Script-Multi-Vendor/3634206 but it's 2,000L with no reviews and the creator profile seems to be gone so im not sure how to get in touch to check the product out. im willing to drop that price on a good script but id like to know what my options are before risking it since the product page isnt extremely clear. similar threads ive browsed on this subject suggest making each button a separate face so that when you click on the actual button on the vending machine it gives you the correct item, and mine is set up to do that at the moment if i cant find anything, but its not what i want for several reasons (LI space and script count just to name a few). any help or pointers in the right direction is appreciated!

If you are looking for a product that exists (or you hope exists), please post in the Wanted forum.  If you want to commission a custom script, please post in the  InWorld Employment forum.  If you are writing your own LSL script and want to share ideas or moan about something that's not working quite right, you have come to the right place.  :)

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Like 1

thank you, i will try the wanted forum. if nothing comes up i will probably bite the bullet and buy the sketchy one to be honest. i wouldnt expect anyone to do a custom job for that low but if anyone wants to make one available on the marketplace or whatever you'd almost definitely have a customer in me unless i found another one that does what i need it to first lol

edit: oop i forgot to say, i did look into caspervend but i wasnt sure it was able to do this? if so i'll probably go with that actually

Edited by Faye Mercury

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.