You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Despite being a member of SL for around 10yrs or more, it's my first real money purchase . So i want to get this right.

I paid for 9 items totaling (inc conversion charge) LD$72 (GBP£3.10). (I had LD$1 there from years ago!)
However, when i refreshed my cart page as i was perhaps going to add another transaction/item after the payment had gone through (i see it has come out of my account/pending), all the items are still there in the cart. So unsure what's what here.
So how long will the payments be ''pending''? Seems to say something in FAQs about 30mins? But it will be at least that by now.
Just refreshed cart and it's all still in my cart as if i haven't bought any of it.
HELP HELP HELP!
And, thanks

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

7 answers to this question

Check your Received Items inventory section in world to see if the items were delivered.  I've found on numerous occasions that a purchase will go through, but my cart will still contain the items, too.  I have to be careful to remove them from the cart manually to keep from buying them twice.

15 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

how is it possible to have a negative balance in your account?

Happens a lot.  People get small amounts deducted all the time, for Show in Search fees, group fees, etc.  These can actually result in you owing money, and so your $L balance is shown as negative.

10 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Happens a lot.  People get small amounts deducted all the time, for Show in Search fees, group fees, etc.  These can actually result in you owing money, and so your $L balance is shown as negative.

Ah ok.  Since her cart was more than her balance, wouldn't she have been sent to the purchase more Lindens page instead of pending?

On 12/12/2020 at 2:13 AM, RowanMinx said:

Your beginning balance looks as if it was negative 1L.  Then you purchased 722L leaving a balance of 721L.  The total of the items in your cart is 723L.  @Lindal Kiddhow is it possible to have a negative balance in your account?

I really couldn't say.
What could get a bit confusing for some folk in this situation is that on the one hand cash has been tkern from ones account. And on the other, all the items still appear in your cart. With the usual orange checkout finalizination-button.
But why not have , instead of an obvious danger of many folk clicking that checkout buy button again thinking that's a normal part of the process and PING!
Not as daft as it sounds.  I know people. And am one too as it happens. BAH!

But, perhaps, if i may?
On ''checkout'' page, why not have what was the normal checkout page ''grabbed'' by another process and becomes a ''awaiting resolve''- or a better term- page.
Meaning, that transaction is locked and frozen, unless i.. (well got fed up waiting and needed more fine Ceylon tea perhaps?) decided to cancel it (Did i already say that?).

SOOooo... where am? OK.. right..  here we go.

SO on the normal checkout page, there is a clear link to the new (k'dam! .. forgot that term. On the tip of my crane.) 'ATTENTION'', and we can either just cancel payment there, or just leave it, and it'll have it all on hold, and it'll automatically happen when things happen.

Means too, no explaining much needed that everything is fine, there's the link, and here's more cart slots to buy from all cleared.

I know. I go a really waffy way round doing things.
Awwww.. too tired. Will try this again in a clearer frame of  mind.. Had a sorta weird kinda fun while i got more heavy eyed and sleepy.
Nitey nite

Those items... well, at least SOME of them came through.
However, since 9 Dec 2020, all items have stopped coming through. Nothing i try seems to work. very difficult to contact seller/creators who have no obvious means of inboxing or otherwise asking for asistance.
redelivery button gets me an email notification, but no items yet appearing. And that's quite a little bit of GBP that's been spent already, and very very little to show for it at all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.