Has not received multiple (any) purchases (different vendors)

Ailika

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I made several "purchases" from SL (one avatar for $$$ and two freebies). I have not recieved the avatar, nor have I recieved either of the freebies. All three were from different vendors. I sent out notecards but have not recieved any answers. I am brand new to the game. Is there some kind of time span I have to wait before I can recieve items? I did not purchase any Linden cash, it was all straight from my bank account and I understand it was only a small amount of cash, but I am still very upset.

3 answers to this question

That's understandable, Ailika.  Delivery can take up to 24 hours sometimes, and the Marketplace servers seem to get confused if you put more than a couple of things into your basket at once.  (I usually limit myself to one.)  If you have made a copy of your transaction history and pasted it into a notecard for the merchant, then you have done what's normally sufficient.  Many merchants are not in world every day, so don't expect an instant response.  Remember, too, that this is a long holiday weekend in the U.S., so many people are off celebrating somewhere.  Still, if you haven't heard anything after a few days, it doesn't hurt to send a second politely-worded note.

Hi Ailika,

You didn't say if you were inworld when you made the purchases.  Actually you didn't even say they were Marketplace purchases but guessing that since you didn't use linden for the purchase.  Have you gone to the Marketplace and checked on the status of these orders?  Also you should have received an email confirmation of your purchase from the Marketplace.  Did you get that?  And if you were not inworld when you made the purchases, have you logged in to look for them?

--Cinn

As a Marketplace seller I can tell you that I often see "not available for delivery" messages attached to items people have purchased. When the item cannot be delivered (you not being in world) the Marketplace apparently holds the order until it can be. At least I can tell you that I didn't get any money as the seller until the item was delivered.  So as someone suggested go to the Marketplace and check your status.

Also, next time be IN WORLD when you order and if you do the math you will see it is much (MUCH) cheaper to buy lindens and purchase with them. The Markeplace charges a hefty user fee for doing a "cash" purchase.  It is likely that all this can be worked out. There is just a lot to learn when you are new. Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.