Future for First Generation Linden Premium Home Continents

Lloyd Overland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Following up all the excitement surrounding the latest Linden homes and the future new house styles my mind turned to the original homes and what there future is? I looked at my first Linden home from my landmarks and wasn't surprised to see it abandoned, or most of those surrounding it. I hadn't remembered that it was right next to a park region and that there are half a dozen open space regions leading to a wide river with a rez zone. To be honest I had forgotten how lovely a location it is but today eerily silent with 13 green dots in the nearest 50 regions so my question is what is the future of these continents now the 2nd Generation homes are so popular? 

Here's the view from my old home front window

image.thumb.png.07a200b930ef0715d2ccc6ad4cad2a35.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think they are just going to get rid of it all (I'm sure they have said as much in the past). There are actually some really cute and nice spots across the old LH regions which I only discovered in the past couple of years. I've taken quite a few snapshots (I think I have a post also about it somewhere on my blog).  It's interesting to compare these old builds to the new Bellisseria places.  @Patch Linden I wish they would have a region that's like a LH museum, so you can see each style, both old and new, and how the homes have  developed from inception up to today, and into the future. It's all part of SL history which I think would be nice to be preserved. They could include the development showcase they had at one of the events this/last year where they showed the original new LH versions and a great slideshow of how the development of Bellisseria works.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I think they are just going to get rid of it all (I'm sure they have said as much in the past). There are actually some really cute and nice spots across the old LH regions which I only discovered in the past couple of years. I've taken quite a few snapshots (I think I have a post also about it somewhere on my blog).  It's interesting to compare these old builds to the new Bellisseria places.  @Patch Linden I wish they would have a region that's like a LH museum, so you can see each style and how it's developed up to today, and into the future. It's all part of SL history which I think would be nice to be preserved. They could include the development showcase they had at one of the events this/last year where they showed the original new LH versions and a great slideshow of how the development of Bellisseria works.

I went for a sail along the river following my post and there are some cute spots as you said. I think it is a fab idea to preserve a few of these regions for future interest if they really are to get erased at some future point.

• Like 6

It's going to be a logistical nightmare and minefield "encouraging" the owners of those older style homes to abandon them unless there is some way to guarantee that they get the replacement home style (not location) of their choice. It's not like they can just evict them - or can they?

3 hours ago, Luka Hexem said:

It's going to be a logistical nightmare and minefield "encouraging" the owners of those older style homes to abandon them unless there is some way to guarantee that they get the replacement home style (not location) of their choice. It's not like they can just evict them - or can they?

Well, the intention is not to try and bring people over until there are more than enough for everyone. This will likely take years, so people still have a good chunk of time to enjoy the old homes.

Yes demand does seem to outstrip supply from my experience anyway. I upgraded to premium and have been trying off and on for two days but have only seen a camper on offer which is not what I would have wanted. I gave up in the end and submitted a bid on a land auction for 1024sqm at a more reasonable price than the land sales that are being posted. Yes it will not be the same as being on a carefully designed and style enforced area but I can always review it later and get a Linden Home when (if) supply improves.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Luka Hexem said:

It's not like they can just evict them - or can they?

Of course they can. I imagine they would be given a few months notice via email, and possibly some kind of inworld notification nearer the time, but there's no reason why they wouldn't eventually get the land taken away from them and their items returned, just as if they'd neglected to keep up their payments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

@Luka Hexemyou’ll be able to get a home relatively easily when the Stilts are released. People will be abandoning wonderful locations for the new shiny. I’m looking forward to the beautiful abandons. 

I totally agree, the attraction of the new will drive a lot of abandonment. Good job the automated system seems to work pretty well, I've only seen a couple of minor glitches.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 4:10 AM, Luka Hexem said:

Patch had mentioned back in the beginning of Bellisseria that they would not even look at pushing from old to new until there was an ample supply -- i.e. enough vacant to allow for all old owners to move over and still have some left over.  I don't know that Theme/Style comes into play, as I don't think there will ever be a surplus of Houseboats  and other Themes might also be in short supply, even at full build-out.  I think he just wants to make sure there are plenty of New Houses before even starting the process of pushing old homeowners to move and shutting down the old home regions.

• Like 2

I asked Patch after the houseboats were released if there was a plan to move the old Linden home continents closer to Bellisseria as a transition. Maybe reconfigure the land for additional houseboats. He said the team had considered a bunch of different scenarios. It would take too much time to redesign the old continents, even though they had considered that option.

1 minute ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I like that it’s kind of scarce. They don’t want hundreds of vacant homes. People will redistribute to new themes and free up existing ones. I don’t know what LLs plans are, but hopefully it’s not Clone stamping out existing regions 

I also think once all the themes are released people will settle into only one, maybe even two themes that they like.  At least this is how it will probably work for me.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.