Weird text in Chat

Nyll Bergbahn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For the past few days, I'm seeing some weird text pop up in my Chat window and I can't figure what's up. It can happen with text I type or with type from others around, it's totally random.

Here are two examples:

[14:26] [avatar name]: yay (spring)

[14:22] [avatar name]: dam shotcast fix ur streammmm (lady shotcast fix from streammmm)

I know wi-fi can cause duplicate text but I'm on a wired connection with a download speed of 6.76MB and upload speed of 0.70MB. I've never seen this before and it only happens every now and then not every chat line. Has anyone any ideas what is causing this and how I fix it? If it was duplicate text it would read yay [yay] not yay [spring] lol and it can't be a translator I've inadvertently activated because then it would be doing this every chat line not occasionally.

Edit: It's not confined to one location either. Can be anywhere.

OMG You're right you two! Machine translation is ticked in the chat tab.....now how did that get activated as I certainly didn't do it. Wow, I feel foolish now...never struck me that it was translating english to english but mistaking some words. Well spotted Cinn and Peewee :)

Thanks girls ! :)

Edit: Yes Rolig...it was really starting to annoy me! 

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Hallo Grasshopper :P

It does look like some sort of translator or spell checker, that 2nd example is replacing dam (dame) with lady, so it would appear to be a correction type thing.

EDIT: can you trigger it by typing other words that aren`t really words?...Like the 3 in your examples. yay, dam & ur.

EDIT 2: is it a slang translator? LOL :D

• Like 1

It certainly looks like the V2 built-in translator.  That's how it responds.  And it will not translate if everything in the chat is English and your default language is English.  In your example it decided yay needed translating along with dam and ur.

Me-Preferences-Chat has the command to turn it on and it is also enable in the chat window.   If that's not it then tis a mystery to me as well :matte-motes-sour:

--Cinn

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.