Why are my sims being rolled back without any estate managers or the owner submitting a request?

Janelle Arashi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Every few days I have two sims that have a rollback forced upon them. Literally, every few days. Yesterday I was on the sim and it did a rollback during a breedables auction (that was a nightmare) Today, the adjoined sim did a rollback during an auction as well (more nightmares).

The funny thing? My partner, our alt and myself are the only estate managers, and our estate owner AND ourselves have NEVER once submitted a request for a rollback, yet these are a daily or every other day occurance for us.

What's going on? Why are my sims constantly being rolled back without our consent or us asking for it?

EDIT: THESE ARE NOT RESTARTS

Items disappear or reappear, Rental times change, land info changes, prims missing etc etc etc after the sim crashes - THES ARE ROLLBACKS NOT RESTARTS

3 answers to this question

A rollback, or a restart?  A rollback is a return to a previous state of the sim.  You have to make a special request to LL, and they are often reluctant to do a rollback unless you have had a major terraforming accident or something of that magnitude.  See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-private-Regions/ta-p/700115#Section_.7.1 for more details. A sim restart, however, is quite easy.  That simply involves rebooting the servers.  The sim owner or a manager can do that at any time, and LL does that regularly whenever they roll out a server upgrade (about every to weeks these days).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.