Adding Group Roles

Internalized

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I'm trying to create a new role in my Group, and it's not allowing me to do it even after deleting roles. Why is that? I tried switching between Firestorm and Black Dragon and both still won't allow me to create a new role. Yes, I own the group. Yes, I have the ability to add roles. 

7 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Internalized said:

So I'm trying to create a new role in my Group, and it's not allowing me to do it even after deleting roles. Why is that? I tried switching between Firestorm and Black Dragon and both still won't allow me to create a new role. Yes, I own the group. Yes, I have the ability to add roles. 

What exactly prevents you from creating a new role?  When you are on the "Roles & Members" tab for the group, is the "New Role" button not active?  Or is it active but when you click it the role definition fields aren't modifiable?  

Whether you've deleted other roles or not, I think, is irrelevant to the issue of being able to add a new role, though it does show you have the ability to delete a role. 

3 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

What exactly prevents you from creating a new role?  When you are on the "Roles & Members" tab for the group, is the "New Role" button not active?  Or is it active but when you click it the role definition fields aren't modifiable?  

Whether you've deleted other roles or not, I think, is irrelevant to the issue of being able to add a new role, though it does show you have the ability to delete a role. 

Correct, the button isn't highlighted/is inactive when I attempt to make a new one. My mindset was that I had too many roles, which I thought wasn't possible, and thought deleting ones would help but it doesn't even delete them, I noticed. I can take a screenshot if that helps.

3 hours ago, Internalized said:

Correct, the button isn't highlighted/is inactive when I attempt to make a new one. My mindset was that I had too many roles, which I thought wasn't possible, and thought deleting ones would help but it doesn't even delete them, I noticed. I can take a screenshot if that helps.

Apparently there is a limit on the number of roles a group can have.  I found this on the Firestorm Wiki regarding Groups:

New Role: Allows a new role to be created. Note that a group can have at most 10 roles, including the two predefined ones, Owner and Everyone, which cannot be deleted or renamed.

Does you group already have 10 roles, and were you attempting to delete the "Everyone" role?  If that is not the case, then I'm out of ideas as to what might be causing the issue.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

Apparently there is a limit on the number of roles a group can have.  I found this on the Firestorm Wiki regarding Groups:

New Role: Allows a new role to be created. Note that a group can have at most 10 roles, including the two predefined ones, Owner and Everyone, which cannot be deleted or renamed.

Does you group already have 10 roles, and were you attempting to delete the "Everyone" role?  If that is not the case, then I'm out of ideas as to what might be causing the issue.   

This is exactly what I was searching for, to see if there's a limit! And yes, I've reached 10 with the Everyone role included. But however I did not delete the Everyone role, it was just a duplicate officer-type role. 

5 hours ago, Internalized said:

This is exactly what I was searching for, to see if there's a limit! And yes, I've reached 10 with the Everyone role included. But however I did not delete the Everyone role, it was just a duplicate officer-type role. 

Hmmm...  I played around with roles in my group, adding more roles to my group to the limit of 10, and then deleting some of them. I wasn't able to duplicate your issue with deleting roles.  I was even able to delete roles who had someone assigned to it and that account was in-world and had the group active with that role (which was the one thing I thought might cause an issue).  Unless someone in the Firestorm Support group has some ideas about what might be causing the problem, or if no one else here in the Forums has any potential solutions, I would suggest trying it with the LL viewer, and if the issues occur in the LL viewer, submit a Support ticket with LL.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.