Deploy Plan for the Week of 2020-12-07 (Updated 2020-12-09 16:30 PST)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Aishagain said:

Those restarts presumably evidence the return, as predicted by Mazidox Linden, of the fabled Grid-poking Bot.

Maybe, maybe not. My home region (Nuggy) hasn't been restarted since the 11th this month.

Hmm.  I'm going to stick my neck out here and I fully expect it to be hacked at by someone who knows better, but here goes.

Do we know that LL enginneers actually perform the Sim-server restarts or is it possibly technicians of Amazon Web Services (AWS) who do thie job?

If so is the communication between Linden Lab and AWS sufficiently robust?

As a result, is it possible that hapless AWS engineers are restarting their servers in the assumption that that is what they should be doing?

8 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

Hmm.  I'm going to stick my neck out here and I fully expect it to be hacked at by someone who knows better, but here goes.

Do we know that LL enginneers actually perform the Sim-server restarts or is it possibly technicians of Amazon Web Services (AWS) who do thie job?

If so is the communication between Linden Lab and AWS sufficiently robust?

As a result, is it possible that hapless AWS engineers are restarting their servers in the assumption that that is what they should be doing?

Let me wonder a bit further... Are region restarts due to hardware reboots or most times they're just a software restart? Because if it's software restart, then I don't think Amazon is allowed to do that.

[EDIT] When I used to run a couple Opensim regions (offline) on my PC, and needed to restart some, I never rebooted the PC itself.

Edited by MBeatrix
more info

The thread about regions disappearing was locked , with no answer/update - nothing showing on the Grid status page - we had regions down for 12 + hours earlier this week.  Where's transparency? The region has no clothes.

7 hours ago, Cam Mode said:

The thread about regions disappearing was locked , with no answer/update - nothing showing on the Grid status page - we had regions down for 12 + hours earlier this week.  Where's transparency? The region has no clothes.

They are improving, though... From the 30th December 2019 to the 2nd January 2020 I had my home region (Nuggy) more or less unusable, as no scripts would work there. I filed two support tickets that never got a response, not even after the issue was fixed.

[EDIT] 12 hours was half a day in Australia and New Zealand (OK, it's half a day everywhere but you know what I mean).

Edited by MBeatrix
adding comment
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.