Jump to content

Banned words in keywords field/ keywords_in_all_languages field


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 85 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I need help please! Is there a printed list of banned words somewhere?? I have literally taken out ALL the words in the keywords field, it's COMPLETELY empty and it STILL won't let me list the item. I don't know which words I'm using that are banned but there are other listings of the same products listed already on MP (gacha items), so how did they get to list their items and it won't let me list mine??!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

SG Yultano Top LARA - Tawny COMMON

I’m a reseller of various no-copy gacha items sets and exclusives.
I’m not the creator and cannot refund or redeliver lost items. No empty boxes!! I only resell my extras so you will NEVER receive an empty box or opened item!
If you have an issue with this product please contact the original creator (edit the item and you'll find their name).
Item will be delivered straight to received items.

Edited by Phenocure Frostbite
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Phenocure Frostbite said:

SG Yultano Top LARA - Tawny COMMON

I’m a reseller of various no-copy gacha items sets and exclusives.
I’m not the creator and cannot refund or redeliver lost items. No empty boxes!! I only resell my extras so you will NEVER receive an empty box or opened item!
If you have an issue with this product please contact the original creator (edit the item and you'll find their name).
Item will be delivered straight to received items.

Have your tried checking the other language fields just in case the offending word/s are still there. The marketplace algorithm now automatically populates all the language fields with your original English version unless you go in and remove or replace with a dash or a character of some kind. It's a pain an the backside but it is what it is.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Phenocure Frostbite said:

SG Yultano Top LARA - Tawny COMMON

I’m a reseller of various no-copy gacha items sets and exclusives.
I’m not the creator and cannot refund or redeliver lost items. No empty boxes!! I only resell my extras so you will NEVER receive an empty box or opened item!
If you have an issue with this product please contact the original creator (edit the item and you'll find their name).
Item will be delivered straight to received items.

Thanks.  I can create a listing with this exact text with no bad words flagged.
I suspect Brilliant is correct & you have a "bad" word somewhere in one of the other language fields.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Shouldn't there be a list, so people know what words to use and not use? I think it is only fair, especially with people who resell on MP.

LL says that if they produce a list, then that makes it easier for people to figure out ways around it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

LL says that if they produce a list, then that makes it easier for people to figure out ways around it.  

So basically people are on their own here, is what you are saying. Kinda unfair don't you think. And yeah people will have to find work arounds, if certain words are banned. You need to find other vernacular to describe it. I can understand if they didn't make such a vague statement. Like hey there are some words, that we don't want you to find a work around. But it does kinda feel like we have to use trial and error here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, what I ended up doing was leaving the keywords text field completely blank, left the title out of the extended description, and just copy and pasted the title of the exact same item from someone who already had it listed and voila, it finally activated.  I cannot see any difference in the title of the other persons item and mine whatsoever. The items that no one had listed already, I put back into my inv, deleted the MP listing I had created, and then put them back into MP (creating new listing numbers) and also left the title out of the description and the keyword field blank, and they were finally listed ^_^ Weird glitches, worked around ;)

Edited by Phenocure Frostbite
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

So basically people are on their own here, is what you are saying. Kinda unfair don't you think. And yeah people will have to find work arounds, if certain words are banned. You need to find other vernacular to describe it. I can understand if they didn't make such a vague statement. Like hey there are some words, that we don't want you to find a work around. But it does kinda feel like we have to use trial and error here.

Yes, it is unfair, and yes we are on our own with this. Even worse still is that "the lists" that LL uses (and yes, they have them) change CONSTANTLY, and we are never made aware of this until someone runs into an issue, especially with something that is actually benign. We have been making a big stink, as it were, about this since LL basically stole all marketplaces from us (as residents) so they could run MP as their own product. LL has no idea HOW to run a marketplace, and no one has ever really understood why they bothered (other than...money, god forbid some other party who knows what they're doing run this show and make a little profit....but, sigh).

We have always been on our own on this, and we always will be. LL will offer no guidance, no support, no information, just placation every now and then with "we're listening" to you messages and links to the listing guidelines, when in reality, they are not listening and those guidelines don't help in these situations. These "lists" they have run the gambit too, everything from words that trigger a de-listing, to words that trigger a moderate or adult flag, and very little of it makes any sense, plus they're not even used across the board in all situations, complicating things further. You can sometimes tell when they've altered these lists, because you'll see more complaints about it, but that's the only hint you'll find when things change. Sometimes it truly is that a word means one thing in one language and something else in another, but mostly, it's just pure ignorance on LL's part, including not knowing HOW to use/create/implement the algorithms and processes necessary for these things to be effective. (you can read my prior posts on this subject here on this forum to get a better idea of what I'm talking about...LL is ***** at listening when it comes to MP, don't believe them when they say they are, ever, lol). 

I give LL props when they're due, but when it comes to MP,  it's a huge flop on their part. It's just a flop we've all got to deal with if we want to use it, as merchants or consumers. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Anarchy Charisma said:

Yep agree - their marketplace is an absolute ***** show. I know 16 year old devs that would do a better job.

There seem to be four reasons for this.

One is that the MP software was written in Ruby, a programming language none of the Lindens had any experience with whatsoever before they bought Xstreetsl. The developer(s)/programmer(s) literally had to try to learn a new language while they were trying to write some rather advanced code in it.

The second is that the SL viewer isn't very compatible with html. It does have an embedded Chrome based browser but it's it's a very crude and primitive one and it isn't used for VMM anyway. If you want to learn a few new creative swear words, just ask a programmer to push multithreaded data through a singlethreaded pipeline and listen to their reply.

The third reason is that they don't seem to have any in-house expertise in web commerce so they don't really understand what is expected and requried.

The fourth reason is that they not very good at web design and programming in general. Look at my.secondlife.com or the destination guide or the events calendar. None of them are textbook examples how to make a great web site to put it mildly. This forum is but that's only because LL didn't develop it themselves, they bought a ready made professional solution.

 

11 hours ago, Anarchy Charisma said:

Hoping someone just has enough and makes an alternative again

Not much chance of that. Casper Warden tried and failed. If even he couldn't do it, I can't see anybody else who stand a chance.

LL is very protective of MP and don't want any competition. It's easy to see why and I think we have to accept that. I just wish they could do a better job or if they can't, that they could do as they did with the forums and farm the job out to some experts.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2020 at 10:36 PM, Phenocure Frostbite said:

I need help please! Is there a printed list of banned words somewhere?? I have literally taken out ALL the words in the keywords field, it's COMPLETELY empty and it STILL won't let me list the item. I don't know which words I'm using that are banned but there are other listings of the same products listed already on MP (gacha items), so how did they get to list their items and it won't let me list mine??!! 

Check for trademarked words, those are autoban = you cannot even list them

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 9:25 AM, ChinRey said:

There seem to be four reasons for this.

One is that the MP software was written in Ruby, a programming language none of the Lindens had any experience with whatsoever before they bought Xstreetsl. The developer(s)/programmer(s) literally had to try to learn a new language while they were trying to write some rather advanced code in it.

The second is that the SL viewer isn't very compatible with html. It does have an embedded Chrome based browser but it's it's a very crude and primitive one and it isn't used for VMM anyway. If you want to learn a few new creative swear words, just ask a programmer to push multithreaded data through a singlethreaded pipeline and listen to their reply.

The third reason is that they don't seem to have any in-house expertise in web commerce so they don't really understand what is expected and requried.

The fourth reason is that they not very good at web design and programming in general. Look at my.secondlife.com or the destination guide or the events calendar. None of them are textbook examples how to make a great web site to put it mildly. This forum is but that's only because LL didn't develop it themselves, they bought a ready made professional solution.

 

Not much chance of that. Casper Warden tried and failed. If even he couldn't do it, I can't see anybody else who stand a chance.

LL is very protective of MP and don't want any competition. It's easy to see why and I think we have to accept that. I just wish they could do a better job or if they can't, that they could do as they did with the forums and farm the job out to some experts.

Thankyou for the explanation!

However, it's really no excuse on their part. They are running a multibillion dollar business and charging us for every transaction.

They should spend that money on actually making a usable product - hire some experts and get it done or LET others put one up if they refuse to fix it.

None of the above issues are particularly hard to overcome if you put a dev team and some good architects on it.

Edited by Anarchy Charisma
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings, All!

If you receive notification that a banned word is included in the keywords in "all languages", please make sure you are actually checking ALL languages and not just the default language. 

Many sellers forget that the Marketplace offers 6 localized languages and once a listing has been created, updating information on one language tab does not automatically update the other language tabs.  All 6 language tabs must be updated manually. 

This is done so that sellers can translate the information for each tab, if they so choose, and the information is not overwritten each time they update the language tab information. 

For instance, if your primary language is English, but you want to include a German translation of the information on the German Language tab, if you added the German Language translation to your listing, then the system would automatically overwrite the English Language information with the German Language information if listings where set to auto update all languages when any changes to one language were made and the listing information would show up in German for all of your customers, even if they were viewing the Marketplace in English. 

Currently, users who view the Marketplace in Non English usually end up seeing everything in English anyway since the vast majority of sellers do not set up localized translations of the content they are selling. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 85 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...