Problems/Issues/Annoyances with Second Life

MrBalloone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since I couldn't find anywhere else to post this I'll do it here.

This is just a Thread for anyone to post any Problem, Issues Or just plain annoyances you have with Second Life.

Maybe Linden will see this thread and fix some problems if it gets enough attention, who knows? 

Oh and the Topic? Other then Problems with SL, there isn't one!

• Haha 2

Just now, MrBalloone said:

This is just a Thread for anyone to post any Problem, Issues Or just plain annoyances you have with Second Life.

Maybe Linden will see this thread and fix some problems if it gets enough attention, who knows? 

the forums and answers section are loaded with this... and it dóes have the attention of LL.
Really needed to have another thread about it?

• Like 8

3 hours ago, MrBalloone said:

This is what the JIRA is for.  If you think you have found a bug or if you want to suggest a new feature, submit a documented report to the JIRA.  That's where Linden Lab looks for global items that need attention.  

If you have a problem related to your own account, land, or assets, submit a Support Case. That's where Linden Lab looks to find issues that relate to individual residents.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MrBalloone said:

There is the question and answer section of the forum, the JIRA, support tickets and ARs for any problems or issues and there is the pet peeves thread for just plain annoyances. You don't want to be redundant do you? 😉

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MrBalloone said:

As mentioned, if you are wanting to get LL's attention, the JIRA system is the way to go.

If you just want to vent out about annoyances, there is the Pet Peeve thread:

• Like 3

Threads like this in the forum when a JIRA is provided for bug reports and feature requests.

Now, maybe you could use the forum to hash out the details of a requested feature, but, historically, forum threads like that get contaminated with... ahem, 'other topics'

13 hours ago, MrBalloone said:

Another avenue not mentioned so far is the inworld user group meetings listed here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:User_Groups

Attend one of those and ask the the Lindens directly about features and problems to get some idea what the status might be..

• Like 1

My original idea for the thread was to layout all the weaknesses and problems with SL. Not bugs and CERTAINLY NOT new features (that would only cause more problems) but glaring issues, inefficiencies and just long standing problems that still have not been resolved.

Some examples would Include:

• Performance
  • LSL's many, many issues.
  • Engine Issues
  • Bottlenecks
  • Consistent Instability
  • etc.
  • Haha 1

As everyone has said , we already have plenty of gripe threads in these forums, and the only places where Linden Lab looks for serious bug complaints is the JIRA. Lindens do pay attention to things like the ones you listed when they are discussed in the technical subforums.  We don't really need another General Discussion thread to whine to each other in.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.