orange smoke

AveryMae Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know I'm apart of the Metachat Bakefail...but can't they fix our inventories and it will allow others to see us? I see these other things about bake fails and having LL fix our inventories...Why can't they fix the inventory on this? I been like this for NINE days and support says they are working on it. I don't understand, it's making me not want to log in and play which basically wastes my premium, and why I have it..

8 answers to this question

I suspect that if it were easy, they would have it fixed by now. It's not often that a third party system can mess things up this badly. I'm pretty sure that the LL engineers want to avoid any nasty side effects of whatever tool they are creating to fix things.  Meanwhile, aside from the cloudy appearance, which is a real annoyance, you can do everything else.  It could be lots worse.

• Like 1

Nope.  See the LL TOS, Sect 1.5:

Linden Lab may on occasion need to interrupt the Service with or without prior notice. You agree that Linden Lab will not be liable for any interruption of the Service (whether intentional or not), and you understand that except as may otherwise be specifically provided in Linden Lab's billing policies, posted on applicable areas of the Service and/or Website(s), you will not be entitled to any refunds of fees or other compensation for interruption of service.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tycho Beresford said:

I pay to play in a visual, 3-D environment; being a cloud is preventing this.  Will premium members be refunded the time their avatars are unavailable?

How can you even hold LL responsible for an issue caused by another program?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tycho Beresford said:

And we know that LL is at least partially at fault for not properly validating input from a third party.

You need to read the TOS again, after all you already agreed to those terms when you registered.
Linden Labs is not to be hold accountable regardless if it's their Official software causing that bug or a TPV or whatever.
Everything is written there (of course you could file a claim in your local court).

9. RELEASES, DISCLAIMERS, LIABILITY LIMITS AND INDEMNIFICATION

9.2 Linden Lab provides the Service on an "as is" basis...

... Linden Lab does not ensure continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the Service, the Software, the Websites, the Servers, or your Account, and you understand that you shall not be entitled to refunds or other compensation based on Linden Lab's failure to provide .. etc

https://www.lindenlab.com/tos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.