sending request to facebook.com?

Jacqueline Trudeau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1238 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

54 minutes ago, Jacqueline Trudeau said:

On Marketplace  »  My account  »  My order history as soon as I click search the status bar reports "sending request to facebook.com" What's up with that? I have very good reasons for steering far clear of Facebook, what does my marketplace history have to do with them?

SendingToFacbook.jpg

I just tried it and mine said waiting for marketplace.secondlife.com  Try closing your browser and trying again.  Of course, mine timed out before I got any results.

Marketplace PurchasesUnder Maintenance

Edited by RowanMinx

Rowan and LittleMe, thanks for the sanity checks.  I'm only seeing the "sending request to facebook.com" status on firefox (even after clearing cache). chrome and MSEdge show "waiting for marketplace.secondlife.com". Internet explorer shows no connection status at all 😉 All 4 browsers return "504 Gateway Time-out" 😐

I'm not sure what's up with my firefox configuration.

5 minutes ago, Jacqueline Trudeau said:

Rowan and LittleMe, thanks for the sanity checks.  I'm only seeing the "sending request to facebook.com" status on firefox (even after clearing cache). chrome and MSEdge show "waiting for marketplace.secondlife.com". Internet explorer shows no connection status at all 😉 All 4 browsers return "504 Gateway Time-out" 😐

I'm not sure what's up with my firefox configuration.

I'd recommend clearing the cookies in Firefox then.  Or at least checking the cookies to see if you see anything that might tie to FB.

Your MP order history page actually makes four calls to Facebook. You can view these by right-clicking anywhere on the page when in Firefox, selecting 'Inspect Element', then clicking the Network tab of the bar that pops up, then hitting F5 to reload the page. You'll see all the network traffic if you do that. Click on any line on the left to load more info about it on the right.

The calls are:

• two .js calls to connect.facebook.net
  • one Pageview call to facebook.com
  • one Microdata call to facebook.com

You will also notice to the left of the lock icon on the Firefox address bar that you can see a purple shield icon. Click it and check out Social Media Trackers and Cross-Site Tracking Cookies. You'll find Facebook on both. There are also two calls to Facebook on the Allowed Tracking Content section. As long as you have Content Blocking enabled (see the slider at the top of that section) then the calls to Facebook should be blocked.

07a20441559bc056f87f462f56388362.png

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1238 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.