Animation Creation in Poser 11/12

November Velde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I'm hoping to get started with creating animations using Poser. Im running into problems getting a clean SL skeleton in there. I've found one or two but when I load them, they are all wonky.

I have tried exporting my skeleton (I assume its called a skeleton. I just want a body that moves like it does in SL) out of blender. This creates a file but I can't 'see' it to import it into Poser.

Can any of you point me to some kind of step-by-step tutorial?

12 hours ago, November Velde said:

Ahh. This is most unfortunate. Thank you for the information.

You can certainly get the Bento skeleton in Blender then export it properly to Poser and then export your animations as BVH.

Alternatively you can make animations with L'Homme or La Femme and then edit the BVH to rename the bones.

Finally if you know how to export your animations to DAZ then you can use my exporter plugin.

None of these possibilities is easy but it's not impossible...

Edited by Sabrina Tamerlane

If I could get a proper updated skeleton from SL into Poser, that'd be great.

I've tried getting my SL avatar into Blender then exporting that and importing into Poser, but Poser doesn't seem to see it.

I know I'm doing something wrong but I've yet to find a guide or "how to". I don't have DAZ and am not sure how to edit BVH files.

I used a friend's computer who has Avastar loaded on it, thinking if I could figure it out, I'd get myself a copy. But all the Avastar and even Blender video tutorials are too outdated.

Cheers!

54 minutes ago, November Velde said:

I've tried getting my SL avatar into Blender then exporting that and importing into Poser, but Poser doesn't seem to see it.

I know I'm doing something wrong but I've yet to find a guide or "how to". I don't have DAZ and am not sure how to edit BVH files.

I used a friend's computer who has Avastar loaded on it, thinking if I could figure it out, I'd get myself a copy. But all the Avastar and even Blender video tutorials are too outdated.

Cheers!

In Blender you need to play with the Presets, to export correctly to Poser, these could work but you might have to tweak them:

image.thumb.png.a0a98d61d36090ac82450aa2f2d16ac6.png

• 2 years later...
On 12/4/2020 at 7:51 PM, November Velde said:

Cheers!

Did you ever get Poser working with SL? I animated for years here with Poser, and I'm debating whether to jump back in -- and whether to upgrade to Poser 13. I obviously don't want to spend the money if it doesn't work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.