Land group vs. rental group

Yuumo Ichibara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have some extra rooms in my house and a guest cabin that I am interested in subletting Airbnb style. My understanding is that for guests to be able to Set Home inside their rooms for the duration of time that they are renting, they need to be members of my land group which also happens to be my private family group. I would like to keep the groups separate if possible. Is there a way to assign a separate group for those rooms within the same parcel, or do I have to subdivide those areas and set it to the designated rental group? I have no experience subdividing land, and have yet to purchase CasperLet so I only know how it works as a tenant. Thank you in advance.

1 answer to this question

6 minutes ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

I have some extra rooms in my house and a guest cabin that I am interested in subletting Airbnb style. My understanding is that for guests to be able to Set Home inside their rooms for the duration of time that they are renting, they need to be members of my land group which also happens to be my private family group. I would like to keep the groups separate if possible. Is there a way to assign a separate group for those rooms within the same parcel, or do I have to subdivide those areas and set it to the designated rental group? I have no experience subdividing land, and have yet to purchase CasperLet so I only know how it works as a tenant. Thank you in advance.

You would have to sub-divide and assign a different group to the new parcel, or allow them into the primary land group.  

The same issue comes for rezzing items.  Unless you have 'build' set to Public, they'll need to be in the group to be able to rez things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.