I can't seem to empty my trash and recentally bought items have vanished from my inventory

Slut666 Willful

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Two things before we get started. Yes  I have done a clean reienstall of all viewers.Even cleared cache

I can't seem to empty my trash.When ever I do  empty it everything comes back as soon as I relog. I've tried many things but nothign seems to work.I was ablr to delete some thigns but there's still around 300 things left to empty out

Also bought something recently from BareRose but as soon as I relogged it vanished.

All I ask is a for a straight answers

8 answers to this question

I assume you have right clicked your trash folder and selected empty, did you also try selecting the entire contents (shift click) and selecting purge? That worked for someone that was having trouble deleting empty outfit folders that were in hers and wouldn`t go away.

BR clothes are all copiable as far as I know, so if "recently" was within the lats 30 days I would send her a copy of your transaction and request a replacement.

Three things come to mind.

First, the sim you are doing this in may have a problem. And second, if your viewer doesn't shutdown properly, you can get strange things happening.

You can address those 2 possibilities by logging into a sim like Smith or Aqua.  Wait until all your inventory is loaded.  Then empty your trash and log out.   Log back in and see if its now empty.

Third thing is that you said you reinstalled all viewers as in more than one.  Running different viewers without careful cache location management can also cause problems.  My best recommendation is to pick a viewer and stick with it.  This is my own humble opinion, but I think alot of the inventory lose and cache issues are the result of people popping between viewers too often.  And they usually do it because they have a minor problem with one, like being a cloud, so the first thing they do is launch a different viewer.  And before someone slaps me, yes I know there are good reasons to using different viewers for different tasks.  But using them because one is having an issue (that's probably not even related to the problem) only makes matters worse and creates other deeper problems that become even harder to solve.

--Cinn

I have occasionally had the same problem removing trash, so I know what you mean.  I don't have an explanation, but I do know that the problem usually happens when I am trying to delete several hundred items at once. (Yeah, I build a lot of temporary things and I don't take out the trash as often as I should.)  When I clear the trash folder in chunks of 50 to 100, deleted items stay deleted. 

I'm NOT going to slap Cinn. I love point #3. We ought to say that more often. I'd be willing to guess that over 80% (a totally made-up number) of the inventory and rezzing problems we hear about in Answers are self-inflicted, and I wouldn't be surprised if a hefty percentage were due to hopping between viewers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.