Soft-Linked Item problem

Sooky Blossom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to rez a group of objects in edit mode which I took into my inventory (soft-linked), but it keeps returning to my inventory with no "rez failed" message instead of rezzing. It never leave my inventory.

I add that I did relog, clear cashes, go to send box, mainland with fully prims, full sims that friends have, I try an other viewer too. It's no copy, no modif, no transfer objects.

It's like that from yesterday.

OK, so I checked.  A JIRA report in 2016 (BUG-20123) contains the following note:

"Recently a change was made to the server to only allow a maximum of 10,000 objects within a coalesced item group."

So, my memory was off by a factor of 10.  Under the circumstances, my guess is that the OP has probably not hit that limit.  However, I believe that if you have more than 1000 items in a coalesced object, you will almost always have trouble rezzing it.  The Lab can sometimes help by subdividing a large coalesced object so you can rez parts at a time.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

OK, so I checked.  A JIRA report in 2016 (BUG-20123) contains the following note:

"Recently a change was made to the server to only allow a maximum of 10,000 objects within a coalesced item group."

So, my memory was off by a factor of 10.  Under the circumstances, my guess is that the OP has probably not hit that limit.  However, I believe that if you have more than 1000 items in a coalesced object, you will almost always have trouble rezzing it.  The Lab can sometimes help by subdividing a large coalesced object so you can rez parts at a time.

Lordy, I don't think I've ever had 10,000 items rezzed out at one time even when I had my homestead.

Hello guys!!

It's been some days that I didn't write here I was trying to solve my problem with LL. Actually after 13 days of Ticket, lots of time same questions, they log me and try to rezz it. Well ATM they are blaming the owner of DFS and it's on his own to find me a solution because LL didn't want to solve it. That's the last news I have. :(

52 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Would it be possible to attach a linked item such as this and then edit and drag items out of and into inventory?  

I really doubt it.  The thing to do is contact Live Chat (or submit a support case) and ask LL to use their fancy tool to subdivide the coalesced object into manageable chunks.

29 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I really doubt it.  The thing to do is contact Live Chat (or submit a support case) and ask LL to use their fancy tool to subdivide the coalesced object into manageable chunks.

OH I made a ticket they log me and try rezz it, it didn't work. So now they are saying it's DFS Owner responsabilité to deal with that 😪

Ticket haven't been useful I feel they don't want to help 😭

2 hours ago, Sooky16 said:

OH I made a ticket they log me and try rezz it, it didn't work. So now they are saying it's DFS Owner responsabilité to deal with that 😪

Ticket haven't been useful I feel they don't want to help 😭

I'd request that they escalate the ticket.  They used to have a tool that would fix those objects.

• Like 1

Not sure it has been mentioned, but the 10,000 item limit isn't just imposed on individual objects within a coalesced group, but also on object inventory within those objects. So, say you had just 2 boxes of DFS stuff, each with 5001 items in them. You now can't rez the coalesced group that is just 2 boxes. This  bit me in the butt as one of my products has over 4000 items in each objects inventory. So, rezzing/deleting/picking up more than 2 of them will trigger the "No can do" error.

I can't remember if I ever got around to submitting a JIRA request that coalesced groups be deprecated/converted  to a new type of inventory folder that could be drug to the ground like a coalesced group, but also opened and searched like a regular folder. Would solve this issue, as well as put an end to losing items that you can't figure out what group they got picked up in (Because you could still search for them.) Items could be removed from these special folders, but not added.

Edited by Phate Shepherd

Hello,

For sure there is not even 5000 items in this soft link. I did go to Unpakistan with the LL girl that is answering my ticket. For now nothing work so she just put my ticket to higher level.

So waiting is my better thing to do atm.

Edited by Sooky16
  • Like 1

Sooky, this is the response they replied to me. 

Thank you for contacting us, and for your patience. When it is too much for the region to rez at once, it will return to your inventory. We typically do have a way to unpack large groups of linked objects like this. However, right now we have a bit of system maintenance that prevents it at this time. Please do not consider your items lost just yet, but we are not positive when the fix will be in place to allow us to open this up for you. I will leave your ticket open so that I can reach back out to you when we are able to proceed in helping you unpack this.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.