Soft-Linked Item problem

Sooky16

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to rez a group of objects in edit mode which I took into my inventory (soft-linked), but it keeps returning to my inventory with no "rez failed" message instead of rezzing. It never leave my inventory.

I add that I did relog, clear cashes, go to send box, mainland with fully prims, full sims that friends have, I try an other viewer too. It's no copy, no modif, no transfer objects.

It's like that from yesterday.

2 hours ago, Sooky16 said:

Nope not working :(((

• Coalesced objects have prim limits because the time required to rez them can exceed the capacities of Second Life's servers, causing problems when Residents attempt to take complex coalesced objects into inventory. To rez an object that exceeds the prim limit, create a support ticket requesting that the object be broken into a set of smaller objects.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sooky16 said:

I am trying to rez a group of objects in edit mode which I took into my inventory (soft-linked), but it keeps returning to my inventory with no "rez failed" message instead of rezzing. It never leave my inventory.

I add that I did relog, clear cashes, go to send box, mainland with fully prims, full sims that friends have, I try an other viewer too. It's no copy, no modif, no transfer objects.

It's like that from yesterday.

Do you have to have a group tag active to rezzing on your friends land?  What else did it say after red failed?

6 minutes ago, Sooky16 said:

Nothing of that work :/ also in a middle of a full sim with or without scripts. And those objects was on a quarter sim so.  It's getting me crazy.

other things to try

plan a) If the coalesced object is Copy then make a Copy in Inventory and try to rez the Copy

plan b) rez a prim then drag the Copy of the coalesced object from Inventory to the prim's Contents then try and drag drop the Copy from the prim's Content onto the ground

if that doesn't work then can only suggest to file a support ticket explaining the problem. Linden may be able to fix it for you

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

other things to try

plan a) If the coalesced object is Copy then make a Copy in Inventory and try to rez the Copy

plan b) rez a prim then drag the Copy of the coalesced object from Inventory to the prim's Contents then try and drag drop the Copy from the prim's Content onto the ground

if that doesn't work then can only suggest to file a support ticket explaining the problem. Linden may be able to fix it for you

Blehhhh it's a no copy coalesced sadly :/ Thanks for your help

2 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

Probably already considered - but... could the object contain Linden plants? This used to result in a special error message, so this may not be your problem at all!

I believe there were special Linden-owned regions where those coalesced objects could be rezzed..

No there is only DFS object in it. No Linden plant in it. I would think in a sandbox special from LL but find nothing :/

• Sad 1

Does the coalesced object contain Linden plants (plants you rez via the Object Type selection in the Build window)?  If so, you have to rez them in a place that allows it...and since Torley left SL and closed his region "Here" I don't know of one to recommend to you.

OK, a "rez failed" message is often because at least a little of the object hangs over the border of the parcel where you're trying to rez it.  Be sure to use a sandbox that is a full region.  I suggest the following steps:

• go to the very center of the region, coordinates 128, 128.
  • Rez a flat plaform there
  • Raise the platform up into the sky.  How far?  It depends on the coalesced object.  When rezzed, objects will appear in the same positions relative to each other that they had in their old location.  You want the platform to be high enough so that no pieces try to rez under the ground surface.
  • Attempt to rez your object at the center of your platform.

6 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You want the platform to be high enough so that no pieces try to rez under the ground surface.

Oh, I forgot about that possibility.  OP had already said the objects came from a quarter region and they were trying to rez in the middle of a full region -- so in theory they are not exceeding the side-to-side region boundaries.  However, I completely forgot about the issue of the massive blob maybe having items at varying heights and some trying to rez too far under ground.

@Sooky16-- If it isn't a possible height issue, then I'd suggest a Support ticket at this point.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Oh, I forgot about that possibility.  OP had already said the objects came from a quarter region and they were trying to rez in the middle of a full region -- so in theory they are not exceeding the side-to-side region boundaries.  However, I completely forgot about the issue of the massive blob maybe having items at varying heights and some trying to rez too far under ground.

@Sooky16-- If it isn't a possible height issue, then I'd suggest a Support ticket at this point.

Well it was exactly the same height that I try to rezz it actually. That's why I don't understand why it's glitching :/ Thanks for trying to help me :D

Just now, Sooky16 said:

Well it was exactly the same height that I try to rezz it actually. That's why I don't understand why it's glitching :/ Thanks for trying to help me :D

Yeah, but rez height can be funky sometimes.  Not a bad idea to raise a platform up off the ground and try the rez again.

12 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:
  • Coalesced objects have prim limits because the time required to rez them can exceed the capacities of Second Life's servers, causing problems when Residents attempt to take complex coalesced objects into inventory. To rez an object that exceeds the prim limit, create a support ticket requesting that the object be broken into a set of smaller objects.

Well I'll be damned -- I never knew that.  I notice that it doesn't say WHAT exactly the 'prim limit' is.  And I can't find any reference to it on the Limits page in the Wiki or anywhere else.
Side note -- If you are using regular view (not dark view) like I am, the part you can't see says 'create a support ticket' and actually shows if you hover your mouse over it or highlight it.

I also found this a bit further down the page,  about scripts in coalesced objects:image.png.31f8a549cc8fc31e8328ec5d60f66122.png

FYI -- reference for all of the above is:

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/building-tips-r13/

So... @Sooky16- I'm betting that you definitely need LL involved.  Create the Support ticket.

@Oz Linden- Since neither the Knowledgebase or Wiki specifies what the prim limit is for coalesced items, can you provide the missing info?  Sometimes, when I'm moving locations, I'll only create 1-3 coalesced objects out of all the things I have rezzed.  I would definitely like to make sure that I don't encounter the issue.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well I'll be damned -- I never knew that.  I notice that it doesn't say WHAT exactly the 'prim limit' is.  And I can't find any reference to it on the Limits page in the Wiki or anywhere else.
Side note -- If you are using regular view (not dark view) like I am, the part you can't see says 'create a support ticket' and actually shows if you hover your mouse over it or highlight it.

I also found this a bit further down the page,  about scripts in coalesced objects:image.png.31f8a549cc8fc31e8328ec5d60f66122.png

FYI -- reference for all of the above is:

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/building-tips-r13/

@Oz Linden- Since neither the Knowledgebase or Wiki specifies what the prim limit is for coalesced items, can you provide the missing info?  Sometimes, when I'm moving locations, I'll only create 1-3 coalesced objects out of all the things I have rezzed.  I would definitely like to make sure that I don't encounter the issue.  

I wasn't aware of a limit either.  I've usually only had a few together when I move and can't be bothered flitting around to gather the last few things and just have them returned to me.  Yes, @Oz Linden, we'd love to know the limit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.