The 2nd Failed Delivery invoice gold box text does not include *next steps*

Kyrie Deka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hasn't happened to me in a good while, the unable to deliver item response (after payment is taken and you arrive at the invoice).

But it happened yesterday.

The original invoice at time of purchase says what to do next if the item doesn't arrive after 24 hours.  After it doesn't arrive, the notice in the invoice changes has no such next step stated.  It only now says in the gold box: 1 item failed to deliver.

I have not had my coffee yet this morning, so as a community and self-service I am sidestepping sharing my thoughts on usefulness of not including next steps in that final gold notice that only appears *if you need the final next steps*...

I do see in my account transactions the speedy removal of Lindens for the purchase listed yesterday,

but I do not see any automatic return of Lindens after the system deemed delivery not possible.

And so my question to anyone who is gracious enough to share and remembers what that original notice said to do next is: What does the original notice say to do next to request return of my Lindens?  Does it say file a support ticket?  

27 minutes ago, Kyrie Deka said:

And so my question to anyone who is gracious enough to share and remembers what that original notice said to do next is: What does the original notice say to do next to request return of my Lindens?  Does it say file a support ticket?  

Go back to the MP; click your name at the top; click Order History on the left side; find the item in the listings and see if there is a 'Redeliver item' link under the item:

image.png.08d534d0cc74d9e6dc1da27ee28cd1df.png

If so, then click that.  If not, then send the creator a Notecard with the purchase info from the MP and the Transaction History showing L$ payment, and KINDLY request a redelivery from them.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

if there is a 'Redeliver item' link under the item:

Morning afternoon or evenin! Great write-up for helping those who paid then the delivery got lost maybe for yes-cc items, ty!

This won't work here though, as after the item paid someone somewhere, the next step totally failed.

The sellers ad page is still there of course, and I do not show a band across the top of it saying [I purchased it on X date], and there is no redelivery link on the invoice**, presumably because the next step failed and the system never made it that far in cascading logic. When that happens there is a gold box kind of that has text in it on the invoice/stub itself that immediately says [not yet been delivered, if not delivered in 24 hours do X].  But bolded part disappears from that gold box text notice it now appears after the 24 hours passes.  

I suspect that, though there were no issues noted on MP maintenance (though plenty in the queue to work on if who knows) yesterday at the time this happened, that some server either choked mid stream, or that there was some system hiccup.  

Not the end of the world of course, but my gosh... well... ya'll dont need to hear my feeeeeeeeeeeeeeelingsssss this morning.  I am pandemically worn to a AYFKM point today and this cheerleader is just exhausted. Anywhoooo...

I *presume* a support ticket because I know of nothing else that makes any sense to do.  But there may have also been a "wait" 48 hours, a week, never, message in the text. 

**EDIT: Sharing I do think its funny there is no "redelivery" link on the "Delivery failed" invoice, but there IS a link to review the product (that never got delivered to use and review). 

Edited by Kyrie Deka

Thanks all for replying!

18 hours ago, HunniHope said:

where delivery fails are usually automatically refunded.

No auto-refund for me, but plausible that in my case it was a hiccup that ditched an entire system sequence, which sequence may have included the auto-refund part.  Who knows. 

(Premium) I went to Support Live Chat > got through bot thingy and to live help who used the chatted report to create a support ticket and escalated it to the Marketplace help team.  At some point a few hours thereafter my Lindens showed as refunded.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.