Creative uses for food in Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

could make a Food HUD

when is dinner time then it Takes Controls and suppresses your movement until you have some food. Food which is in the HUD (temp attach maybe). Like have to have a pie for dinner

you can skip dinner if you want, but then your energy is low and when you walk then is only at half-speed, skip another dinner then 1/4 speed and so on. Til you have to eat your dinner

and for each dinner you skip then have to eat all the pies you skipped all at once. And then you have to have a nap

like if you skip 4 dinners and your friend teleport you and then can hardly move, and they go: lol what!!! and go: wait!! I have to nom 4 pies ok to keep up with you! buuut you can drag me round if I turn on the Follow in my Food HUD

and they will go: lol you egg! And you go: ooh! that a good idea, 1 egg salad = 4 pies. Nom nom nom!!

😸

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like SL food things, I think they are charming and fun.

Any kind of ingredient hunt with a cooking station to take your gathered ingredients and give you a finished thing to eat or drink. Find and pick some grapes, find a barrel, find a bottle. Take them to the winery and rez them. Get a bottle of wine that gives glasses of wine. Maybe there’s a drunk animation in it. 

find mushrooms. Eat them and see what happens. (A hud with some effects). 

a cookie gun that shoots cookies, but you have to quickly run over and touch the cookie to attach and ‘eat’ it before it de-rezzes. Whoever can eat the most cookies within a given time ‘wins’.  

• Like 1

I once made a plate of pie and mash and green sauce...was one of my best builds but had a prim count higher than my skybox :D

I also had a bacon sandwich plane 😎 But the only time I ever sat down for a meal was at a vampire's wedding reception.

2 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

find mushrooms. Eat them and see what happens. (A hud with some effects). 

I had a bottle of vodka that would make you stagger around all over the place after 3 or 4 swigs 😵 

There were also drug ones...my friend Peanut got in trouble for having a cocaine chopping/snorting board...!

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

There were also drug ones...my friend Peanut got in trouble for having a cocaine chopping/snorting board...!

I have some LSD. It starts out as a clear HUD screen overlay then gradually has some effects. 😉 For mushrooms, I think you’d need a similar screen overlay HUD with a wavy, wobbly rainbow effect, then also some tiny glowing particle sparkles to wear inworld. 

There is a drunk AO on MP,  complete with vomiting. Looks like someone copybotted it though because I found 2, both with the same photo, one edited to remove the shop name. They go on my ‘no buy’ list. I hate that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mollymews said:

could make a Food HUD

when is dinner time then it Takes Controls and suppresses your movement until you have some food. Food which is in the HUD (temp attach maybe). Like have to have a pie for dinner

you can skip dinner if you want, but then your energy is low and when you walk then is only at half-speed, skip another dinner then 1/4 speed and so on. Til you have to eat your dinner

and for each dinner you skip then have to eat all the pies you skipped all at once. And then you have to have a nap

like if you skip 4 dinners and your friend teleport you and then can hardly move, and they go: lol what!!! and go: wait!! I have to nom 4 pies ok to keep up with you! buuut you can drag me round if I turn on the Follow in my Food HUD

and they will go: lol you egg! And you go: ooh! that a good idea, 1 egg salad = 4 pies. Nom nom nom!!

😸

there are some rp and combat huds that do that. they impose rlv restrictions and even make you faint or fall down if your energy level or stamina goes to low. or make you crawl or walk very slowly until you sleep or eat to regain energy.

the nanite controllers impose power limitations on the robots if the battery gets too low. it will prevent movement.. talk.. seeing.. and even tp until you are recharged by someone or your battery is replaced.

doll keys have the same effect.. if you let the key rundown you cant move or talk until its wound back up. 

any of that could be applied to the use of food to make it have more of a impact on someone's sl.

• Like 1

I remember a bunch of us had Starbucks cup avatars, the stir sticks were little swords and if you poked another avatar (on damage-enabled land) it did a certain % of damage up to kill level and also made a cute *poik poik* sound when you were stabbing everyone. 🥳good times!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Name some.

I just use them as props for some of my avatars. My alien avi drinks Coke sometimes for example. I sometimes use food as the avatar, too.

I made Dinkie Nourishment.  It's very cute for Dinkies and the animation works very well.  It's a free product I do not currently have out but will again soon.  Nourish your Dinkies.  

Edited by FairreLilette

Well, you can dance with them, maybe play some board games with them - that's my favourite approach to win souls anyway, or you can take them for a nice little drive, row, or sail them around for a bit ... Oh wait, you mean like actual, regular food? I wouldn't know what to do with that.

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.