My RP Experiences

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have noticed some Furry Roleplay sims in SL want a backstory and i am no good with that at all. I am deeply disappointed on how Admins are these days in Furry Roleplay sims like one place i tried in nearly 10 years wants a backstory and i don't approve of giving them that as it's none of their darned business to interfere with on how my dragon likes to play. It's sad that many of the Furry places are just no good anymore and i'm not happy about it and formerly i was into Medieval Fantasy but i've long since departed from that genre. Also i've had problems with a certain Synth Revolution Admin who doesn't learn any empathy towards others including me which i've had a run in with her and do avoid on doing business with her as well.

Edited by DragonFan Flagon
  • Confused 1

To give you a bit of perspective from the admin side, while requiring a backstory isn't something every sim does it's common because coherency is important for maintaining nearly every roleplay setting. That doesn't mean policing characters overmuch, but knowing that a character fits into the core idea of the sim itself is important.ย 

I would veto a backstory on my old sim that introduced technology beyond what I wanted there (IE: steam power or gun powder in a less advanced world) or that gave them some sort of connection to a god / stupidly powerful abilities. You might think 'well. I'm not going to do that, so people should trust me' but most sim owners have tried that before and found themselves flooded with hyper-powerful troublemakers.ย 

Having reasonable requests for a new player to do the legwork to show they are a fit for the sim saves everyone trouble. If you don't want to write a backstory to join a sim, you're likely not a fit for that sim and should seek one with rules you agree with. It's not a sign that 'roleplay as a whole' is worse. It's a sign that the sims you have found have a different desire for their roleplay than you do.ย 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, DragonFan Flagon said:

frankly i don't agree with the Admin on [...]

ย  ย Can't name the place here, 'tis naming and shaming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, DragonFan Flagon said:

i'm not placing the name so you should be quiet and leave the forums

ย  ย D'aw, is someone throwing a little temper tantrum?

ย  ย I don't see why the admins weren't willing to just throw their rules aside to let you in, you're such a charmer!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Orwar said:

ย  ย D'aw, is someone throwing a little temper tantrum?

ย  ย I don't see why the admins weren't willing to just throw their rules aside to let you in, you're such a charmer!

no but look who's being immature and no i'm not throwing a tantrum it's you that needs to grow up and act like a man instead of a child.

• Haha 3

mostly i just wanted to point out that people i've dealt with previously in Sl shouldn't be running a sim with a nasty temper. Also i've had a handful of bad users who run RPs and don't get along with me and i'd like to point out that Medieval Fantasy in general is out of the question including Prison like Roleplays and others i don't like to be a part of.

I'm trying to be nice and offer some advice, DragonFan. I can't speak to the admin of any sim you mention but if you conducted yourself like you have in this thread I would kick you from my sim too.

Sometimes you reach a sim and find the owners and you don't mesh. Sometimes you do find bad sim owners. The right choice is to move on and find another one. Fixating on one that you feel treated you badly isn't healthy. You're not a member of their sim, they don't have power over you and you don't have any say in how they conduct themselves in their sim.ย 

If you keep running into the same issue sim over sim, you may want to examine your own temper or your own desires.ย 

If you could describe your perfect RP sim, what would it be?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Bitterthorn said:

I'm trying to be nice and offer some advice, DragonFan. I can't speak to the admin of any sim you mention but if you conducted yourself like you have in this thread I would kick you from my sim too.

Sometimes you reach a sim and find the owners and you don't mesh. Sometimes you do find bad sim owners. The right choice is to move on and find another one. Fixating on one that you feel treated you badly isn't healthy. You're not a member of their sim, they don't have power over you and you don't have any say in how they conduct themselves in their sim.ย 

If you keep running into the same issue sim over sim, you may want to examine your own temper or your own desires.ย 

If you could describe your perfect RP sim, what would it be?

is that a threat and the one i desire is something friendly along with getting along like a peaceful sim that is good enough for me.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, DragonFan Flagon said:

basically i want a Furry RP sim that doesn't have toxic people in it

ย  ย Seems like a paradox. If you're there, it'll be a place allowing toxic people, no?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, DragonFan Flagon said:

i'm not placing the name so you should be quiet and leave the forums unless you want to be blocked in Sl for being rude.

ย 

On 8/29/2018 at 11:07 AM, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings all!

Just a friendly reminder that the Role Play forum is for discussions regarding your experiences in Second Life with regards to Role Playing.ย 

This including ANY type of Role Play, but your posts and discussions MUST comply with the Community Guidelines

No Naming & Shaming

No Advertising your Role Play locations

No Adult Content

Personal ads are currently not being moderated, but this could change at any time, as they are, technically, off topic.ย  If you are looking for specific types of role playing in Second Life, I would strongly encourage everyone to turn your post into a discussion about what you are looking for, instead of just posting that you are looking.ย 

Cheers~

Regardless of whether you found it rude that it was pointed out....no naming and shaming as you can plainly see.

ย 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Harley Ravenhurst said:

๐Ÿ–ค

I think adopting this as a sort of โ€˜Black Heart of Doomโ€™ to signal that aย thread has gone into a decline is too good of an opportunityย toย pass up.ย 
ย 

ย 

• Like 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.