Buying Linden by not using no credit card?

Ufo Islay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

If someone knows your email address, it is easy to get your credit card number. So I removed my credit card. But how do I buy lime now? Paypal is also not safe. Payments were made without asking me first. They were subscriptions ... Yep, right ... my ass.

But what can I do now?

Edited by Ufo Islay
  • Confused 2

18 answers to this question

Those are your only choices, I'm afraid.

I have found PayPal to be quite secure.  But PayPal or credit card, you do have to watch your subscriptions.  A Second Life Premium membership, or ongoing land tier, is also a type of subscription.  LL will deduct these charges without asking you about it.  You agreed to that when you signed up for Premium, or when you bought land.  You can revoke your permission at any time, by downgrading to a Basic membership or by selling the land.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ufo Islay said:

If someone knows your email address, it is easy to get your credit card number

Where in the heck did you get that crazy idea?   Sure, if someone sends you an email asking for the number and you respond.  Or if they send you a phishing link and you fall for it.  Otherwise.......  not quite.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Ufo Islay said:

If someone knows your email address, it is easy to get your credit card number.

No. How should that work?

So I removed my credit card.

From your SL account? Hows that going to make your card information any more secure, if by your previous statement one would only need to know one of your email adresses?

But how do I buy lime now?

Credit card, backed up PayPal and I think skrill works aswell. I do it with PayPal. Those are your only options.

Paypal is also not safe. Payments were made without asking me first. They were subscriptions

Of course PayPal can only be as safe, as the user using it. The moment you enroll for any subscription service, you don't need to be asked a second time to pay for ongoing subscriptions. Thats your fault for not paying attention, not a security issue on PayPals side. And the only thing you can do now is to cancel all subscriptions you don't want to continue to prevent being charged for them in the future.

22 hours ago, Ufo Islay said:

If someone knows your email address, it is easy to get your credit card number. So I removed my credit card. But how do I buy lime now? Paypal is also not safe. Payments were made without asking me first. They were subscriptions ... Yep, right ... my ass.

But what can I do now?

Drake1.nightfire@gmail.com   Knock yourself out.. Please, find my CC info from that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm 73 years old and I'm definitely not senile or anything like that, so it's striking that I'm a victim of these tricks. I know my problem is none from SL. So that's not my point here. The only option I have is to request a new credit card number ... it seems.

1 minute ago, Ufo Islay said:

I'm 73 years old and I'm definitely not senile or anything like that, so it's striking that I'm a victim of these tricks. I know my problem is none from SL. So that's not my point here. The only option I have is to request a new credit card number ... it seems.

So, if your problem isnt from SL.... WHY DID YOU POST HERE?

1 minute ago, Ufo Islay said:

Trapped in your web .. spiderman.... how can i by linden = topic

23 hours ago, Ufo Islay said:

But what can I do now?

But you said you wanted to buy limes.... If SL isnt the issue why remove your CC info? Put it back and buy all the damn limes you want.. I dont understand why you are ranting about something you screwed up on and blaming LL. 

11 minutes ago, Ufo Islay said:

So get a new card  and then buy L$... Good grief.. Why the long crazy rants? I mean, you say you arent senile but this thread is really making me question that a bit. 

8 hours ago, Ufo Islay said:

Wait 60 years and contact me again....

Not to drift too far from the topic .... I think that if anyone took the time to poll the people participating in this thread (and if they would give honest answers), you would find that a hefty number of us are closer to your age than you think.  In fact, I can assure you that you are not the oldest.  So ... let's all forget the silly comments about senility.  🤪

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2

having worked for a credit card processor,  you have to give them the numbers on the card directly or give them access to an account with the information visibly stored in plain text and I do not know of any company that would risk their butt's like that anymore.     sending an email to get your information is impossible. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.