Bots and the orange/white cloud

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

lol. Hi @Scylla Rhiadra I thoroughly enjoyed all those bot threads in RA. I really did :)  I'm only doing bots now for the sake of something to do - to keep me occupied during the covid restrictions. I have no use for them at all. I'm just enjoying writing another system. This is the 4th one - all different :)

LATEST
According to Oz in the Jira, a fix has been deployed to the main grid. I'm assuming that it will reach all regions during the week. As I said in the previous post, the region I'm in had an update today, but the problem wasn't fixed. However, we are expecting more than one update this week, so we'll see how things are at the end of the week. But...

The problem in the Jira isn't the same as the clouds problem, so a fix for that may not fix the clouds. It may though, because both problems appeared at the same time, and they might have been caused by the same thing. We'll have to wait and see.

I'd give the Corrade people a little slack this week. If the fix does work, then Corrade bots will be back to normal by the end of the week. Then they really ought to go on to LibreMetaverse.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nitro2012pl said:

@Phil DeakinsYes Phil, I saw it, but I said about Corrade software not Second Life software.

We are waiting for the Corrade software update.

Corrade is built on OpenMetaverse. It's not second life software, and I never mentioned second life software. In the post I referred to, I said that the latest OpenMetaverse doesn't produce permanent clouds. I discovered that, and my bots have been fine ever since. Then you repeated what I said as though it was new ;)

You haven't told me anything new about this topic.

You also do not read exactly what I am writing, I wrote that apart from the cloud avatar, the bot has no access to its wardrobe at all, you did not provide this information.

I'm not going to argue with you.

Just like anyone who has a Corrade bot (yes, it's not LL software), I just want to go back to Second Life in normal form.

If the Corrade-based bots work after the LL fix, then fine, if not, only the Corrade development team will have a problem, not LL.

Regards

Nitro

On 12/1/2020 at 10:18 AM, Phil Deakins said:

OpenMetaverse versions.

I've now realised that I've used different versions of OpenMetaverse during this thing. The clouds problem occurred when I was using version 0.9.1. I changed to version 0.9.3 and the problem is no longer there.

I don't think there's anything later than 0.9.3 so it might be as well to look at using LibreMetaverse for the future. It does appear to be keeping up to date.

That's what I wrote yesterday. Notice the last part of the first paragraph and the first part of the 2nd paragraph. I've bolded them to make it easier to read.

And then see what you wrote:-

[UPDATE]

I have information from non-official support group Corrade on Discord
that the latest version of openmetaverse library is working and basic bot appearance is rezzing normal.
So now we have to ask Corrade developer to update the Corrade bot software

I've bolded the relevant part - your actual update.

You see now? They say the same thing - that the latest OpenMetaverse rezzes the bots normally - no clouds. Your 'update' is a repetition of what I wrote yesterday. It probably found its way to your Discord group from here.

Notice also, that there was no mention of your wardrobe in the post of yours that I commented on, so I had no reason to mention it. It's of no interest to me.

FYI, I have no personal interest in the Corrade bots. I write my own bot systems, as you've probably read by now. But the Corrade system uses OMV, and Michelle said that she uses Corrade, and that she has the same clouds problem. So I adopted an interest to help Michelle understand what's wrong.

Like you, I have no desire to argue, so please just accept what it is, and leave it there.

ETA: I haven't tried to tell you anything new about this topic. All I said was that your 'update' post simply repeated what I'd written yesterday. Now you can see that it's true, and there's nothing more to be said.

Edited by Phil Deakins

Please stop being rude to me.
I'm not doing anything bad or malicious to you.

It was also necessary to underline and enlarge my answer.
You wrote the thread on 11/29/2020, we know about the problem from 11/24/2020.
Information with the test did not come out of this forum, only someone on that group compiled the project himself and launched the bot on it.

Accept that you are not alone on the forum, the thread is open, this is not your private farm and others also have bots based on other software systems and may also have the same problem.
So be polite with others.
I have finished the topic regarding you.

If the last update I see: 2020-12-01.553120, it did not help, I will wait a few days, maybe something else will be published by LL, we will also press to update the Corrade software.

I'm sorry that you think I'm being rude to you. I'm not. I haven't said anything rude or impolite to you. I pointed out that your 'update' post repeated what I'd posted the day before, so it wasn't an actual update. That isn't being rude or impolite. It was politely pointing out a fact to you, because you clearly didn't know it.

"You wrote the thread on 11/29/2020, we know about the problem from 11/24/2020."

Yes. All those of us who ran bots with a version of OMV prior to 0.9.3 knew about the problem on the 24th, following the update. The first post in the thread shows that ;)

"Information with the test did not come out of this forum, only someone on that group compiled the project himself and launched the bot on it."

Good. Perhaps he read this thread and decided to try it himself <joke> :D

"Accept that you are not alone on the forum, the thread is open..."

<sigh> No I'm not, and yes it is. I have no idea why you want to argue. I am sorry that your update wasn't an update here, but it wasn't. You didn't know it at the time you posted what was intended to be a helpful post, but you've known it since it was pointed out. There was nothing to argue about - and there still isn't anything to argue about. Perhaps this can stop now?

Edited by Phil Deakins

Dear friend,
The only person who wants to argue is you.
I ended the conversation with you because that's what a wise person does ("Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain).
I wish you good health and hopefully the situation will correct itself with the bots.
PS. Corrade uses OVM version 0.9.3+

Edited by nitro2012pl

3 hours ago, nitro2012pl said:

PS. Corrade uses OVM version 0.9.3+

I keep trying to let it go but you keep bringing it back ;)

Anyway... are you sure that Corrade uses 0.9.3? I'm using that and I don't get clouds any more. With 0.9.1 I got clouds, and eventually started this thread to find out what others were experiencing. Perhaps different Corrade versions use different OMV versions, and only pre-0.9.3 users are getting clouds.

I'm now thinking that the fix that Oz produced isn't going to fix the clouds. The problem that the fix was for was that the guy couldn't log his bots in. It occurred at the same time as the clouds, which is probably why Oz pointed us to that jira. I'm no longer hopeful that that fix will do away with Corrade's clouds.

32 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Phil, let it go. They don't know you as well as we do and so can't see that you are only trying to help and clarify. They also can't see you are both saying the same thing only wording it differently. The rest of us appreciate the information.

Thank you, Silent. It was quite astonishing that there was any disagreement. I do know why, though :)

• Like 1

Dear friend,

you come back to the matter yourself, you can see for yourself how much your words and assurances are worth, you can see that you enjoy silly and fortune-telling on coffee grounds.
You can't get above yourself and end this point in this thread - you are so focused on answering me.

You wrote yourself that you use the library directly to create your own bots, and you talk about software you don't use, and you try to estimate without checking what version of the library those software uses. Corrade uses 0.9.3+, this was the open source of this software, but in 3 years everything can change. So it doesn't matter anyway as dev needs to update it.

If you are so eloquent, wise, that everyone appreciates you so, why these 4 warnings ;) But I don't care.

Regarding the Corrade software, I have already pointed out (but you haven't read it, you're so focused on yourself) that if the LL patch fixes the problem for others via libopenmetaverse and liblibremetaverse libraries, we will press our developers to update the software.
And I am know this is an internal matter of the community focused around this software, not the entire SL community.

LL doesn't care who uses what software - whether you develop it yourself, Corrade, or otherwise - LL has official projects, since dev is not keeping up with changes, that's his problem.

I think this thread has already been exhausted by me.

Mark Twain was right.

I'm not going to answer you anymore (added to ignore list), because talking to you is pointless and I'm just wasting my time on a pointless argument.
Waste someone else's time in worthless arguments and arguments that do not contribute to the discussion.

If you want to discuss with me, please visit Direct Messages - on the forum or in SL. I do not see any tiresome others with our "discussion" about anything.

Regards and be health.

Edited by nitro2012pl
  • Haha 1

Well, there's only one more scheduled rollout this week, and it's to the RC channels, not the Main Channels. It means that Oz's fix for the jira problem is already deployed to all the regions. So Corrade's clouds won't be changing, and Corrade users need to start pestering its creators more earnestly.

I remembered that I'd downloaded and used the Corrade system. Not many days before the problem appeared, a friend asked me if I'd heard of the Corrade bot system. She was having a problem getting it to work (she uses a Mac). I'd never heard of it but I downloaded it and logged a bot in. I'd forgotten about it until this evening. But I tried it and, sure enough, the bot is a cloud. I've obviously got the latest version and, if it really is using OMV 0.9.3, then the creators ought to move on to LibreMetaverse, which isn't exactly a shoe-in, but it's necessary.

Perhaps, while waiting for a fix, current users could try using an earlier version - 10 or 9. I haven't tried it but, you never know, it might actually get rid of the clouds. It doesn't hurt to try it, anyway. It's just a thought.

ETA: I've now seen that Corrade does use 0.9.3, as nitro said, and that's unfortunate. Perhaps the creators can suss out exactly why the bots stay as clouds, and fix it that way. We know that appearance stuff (bodies, clothing) isn't being received, but they may be able to discover why.

Edited by Phil Deakins

@Love Zhaoying

I'm not. I wanted to comment in the jira that Oz linked to but I didn't have that option. I'm not aware of any other jiras on it. The jira system is something that I am almost totally unfamiliar with. You got links?

ETA: I tried searching in the jira system but found nothing. I'm just not used to it.

Edited by Phil Deakins

I'm testing the fix for this today; stay tuned.

We understand what the problem is, but we are particularly cautious about testing code that makes changes to inventory, so please be patient.

I suggest that you file a ticket with support for each account that has the problem (just reference "thanksgiving bakefail" since both internally and externally that's the name it's stuck with), and when the fix is deployed we will apply it to your account.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

@Oz Linden

I was going to post that the last region update of the week came and went a few minutes ago, and it didn't change anything at my end.

Avatar logging in with OpenMetaverse 0.9.1 stay as clouds because their appearance stuff isn't received.

Avatar logging in with OpenMetaverse 0.9.3 rezzes normally.

Avatar logging in with Corrade stays as a cloud because Corrade "could not get current outfit folder".

My avatars that logged in with Corrade and OMV 0.9.1 don't have any extra Current Outfit/Look folders. They both have just the normal Current Outfit folder. That may not matter though.

The fix does look promising because it's trying to sort out a problem with the Current Outfit folder(s), and both of my tests don't receive the current appearance (body parts and clothing), even though their folders are exactly as they should be.

ETA: The status page says that the accounts that have the problem have been identified. If it's only accounts that have the Current Outfit/Look thing, then it will have missed many accounts, because mine don't have that change.

Edited by Phil Deakins

27 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I was going to post that the last region update of the week came and went a few minutes ago, and it didn't change anything at my end.

There are many sorts of problems that can cause a bake fail; it's possible that you have a different one.

The fix I'm working on now is for login, not the simulators, so simulator rolls won't fix them (the next agni login see on the status blog should be the fix being deployed, unless something worse happens in the mean time).

For most inventory problems, we have an option that can be set by Support to fix them, and it will be applied the next time the account logs in (this avoids us having to worry about changing inventory while a user is logged in, or preventing logins while we are changing inventory). I'm extending that repair to include more of the ways that the Current Outfit can be messed up (including duplicates). We will try to automatically identify accounts that are in this most recent problematic state and queue up the fix for their next login. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@Oz Linden The login fix may do it, Oz. Hopefully it will. To me, the clouds are logged in. They can move about, chat, etc. But to the SL system, they may not be considered to be logged in until they've received their appearances, which they don't receive, so it may be a login issue.

Whatever it is, and whatever happens, many thanks for your efforts.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.