Lets see those ugly Christmas sweaters!

TT120

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dahling, I feel your pain, I do, down to the toes of my Emme Parsons stilettos. Christmas sweaters are a barbarity that should have been outlawed with . . . with other barbarities that have been outlawed. I'm sure there have been very many of those -- one would have thought they might have slipped in a clause about ribbed sweaters and synthetic blends.

My most horrific Christmas sweater experience was two years ago, when Elon sent me one while I was vacationing for the season in Capri. It was simply ghastly, dahling: a wool and polyester monstrosity in red, white, and green, with reindeer.

Reindeer! Can you even imagine? I am quite sure it began to pill as soon as I pulled it, gingerly, and with only two fingers, out of the box.

Elon and I haven't spoken since. Horrid little man.

I'd show you a picture, but of course I had it burned immediately. Or perhaps melted might be the more appropriate verb.

/me shudders.

So here instead is a simply wonderful cashmere and silk turtleneck from Loro Piana that I bought at Liberty's on a whim for a Christmas luncheon with Dame Judi last December.

Enjoy, enjoy, dahlings! Mwah mwah!

Christmas-Sweater-Blank.thumb.png.961a7fcd0d6fe33624fa0b47ab13ab0a.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Dahling, I feel your pain, I do, down to the toes of my Emme Parsons stilettos. Christmas sweaters are a barbarity that should have been outlawed with . . . with other barbarities that have been outlawed. I'm sure there have been very many of those -- one would have thought they might have slipped in a clause about ribbed sweaters and synthetic blends.

My most horrific Christmas sweater experience was two years ago, when Elon sent me one while I was vacationing for the season in Capri. It was simply ghastly, dahling: a wool and polyester monstrosity in red, white, and green, with reindeer.

Reindeer! Can you even imagine? I am quite sure it began to pill as soon as I pulled it, gingerly, and with only two fingers, out of the box.

Elon and I haven't spoken since. Horrid little man.

I'd show you a picture, but of course I had it burned immediately. Or perhaps melted might be the more appropriate verb.

/me shudders.

So here instead is a simply wonderful cashmere and silk turtleneck from Loro Piana that I bought at Liberty's on a whim for a Christmas luncheon with Dame Judi last December.

Enjoy, enjoy, dahlings! Mwah mwah!

Christmas-Sweater-Blank.thumb.png.961a7fcd0d6fe33624fa0b47ab13ab0a.png

To tell the truth, I have never worn an ugly Christmas Sweater in my life.  My youngest sister does - she's a school teacher.  I guess she wears those at school or PTA meetings.  I am absolutely not a fan either of ugly Christmas sweaters - never ever wore one.  I'm a boho in real life...I don't live the school teacher life like my youngest sister.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Dedicated to @Scylla Rhiadra. Now I just need to take this thing out into the wild. :D

Snapshot_1853f.thumb.png.a95062812151606228b584b959cb886f.png

Dahling, such a very . . . interesting sweater! Wherever did you find it?

Never mind, let's just leave me guessing, shall we?

You do seem to be having an awful time with pilling, though. And how very odd that it should turn green like that!

No worries; I have a woman who is a marvel with one of those razor things that one uses to remove such unsightliness. I'll send her right over!

Mwah mwah!

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

To tell the truth, I have never worn an ugly Christmas Sweater in my life.

Dahling, it's as though we were sisters! You must drop by sometime so that we can celebrate together the not-wearing of ugly Christmas sweaters!

But what is this "boho" of which you speak? Could it be be a new label I've overlooked? Has a fresh and exciting new couterier popped up on East 57th, and I've missed it? Don't keep me in suspense, dahling!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.