AVI issue - destroyed with grey parts

lauleetah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, 

My partner is experiencing a weird issue that I've tried to help him with for hours... but he's still all messed up. 

Here is how he currently looks like (to him) but to everyone else, he's just an orange cloud on Firestorm & a green one on the SL viewer.

I'm showing everything he's wearing too, if you can identify the problem 😅

3fwT10s.png

mRfJqOn.png

I've managed to fix him on the SL viewer by :

- Opening the "edit shape" tab. While editing, the body looks fine. Then, when I close it, grey parts all around yaaay (but at least he's not a cloud anymore) (On SL viewer, he appears as a cloud even to himself) ;

- Redelivering the body and body skin/face skin to see if changing everything would work (spoiler alert : nope)

- Turning OFF BOM on the Gianny body

- Replacing the alpha layer by another one (applier body instead of bom body) in every outfits

Then, he looks fine 

GPXdT67.png

BUT.
Everytime he relogs, the issue is the same. And fixing him only works on the SL viewer, doing this while using the Firestorm viewer doesn't do anything at all.

At first, I tried to change back to a system AVI (for baking issues I had a few months ago, it helped) but in his case ... it doesn't work. Even the system avi can't appear because of "The animation overrider is intended for avatars wearing MALE default shapes only".

I'm really desperate and have zero clue about what is going on even if I think it has something to do with a skin/shape/alpha layer (?)
The issue just came up out of the blue, one morning he logged in and boom! Firestorm couldn't load his wardrobe somehow.

And since that, he's all messed up. 😶

Could anyone help with the issue ? Have you dealt with something like this before ? 

We tried clearing every caches and following some other tips from Firestorm wiki (he did it so I don't have any details, sorry) but we're both feeling quite desperate now and we're both still a bit new so maybe it's something really easy to fix, right in front of our noses, but we can't seem to figure this out.

Thank you very much for your help
🥰

2 hours ago, lauleetah said:

Hello everyone, 

My partner is experiencing a weird issue that I've tried to help him with for hours... but he's still all messed up. 

Here is how he currently looks like (to him) but to everyone else, he's just an orange cloud on Firestorm & a green one on the SL viewer.

I'm showing everything he's wearing too, if you can identify the problem 😅

3fwT10s.png

mRfJqOn.png

I've managed to fix him on the SL viewer by :

- Opening the "edit shape" tab. While editing, the body looks fine. Then, when I close it, grey parts all around yaaay (but at least he's not a cloud anymore) (On SL viewer, he appears as a cloud even to himself) ;

- Redelivering the body and body skin/face skin to see if changing everything would work (spoiler alert : nope)

- Turning OFF BOM on the Gianny body

- Replacing the alpha layer by another one (applier body instead of bom body) in every outfits

Then, he looks fine 

GPXdT67.png

BUT.
Everytime he relogs, the issue is the same. And fixing him only works on the SL viewer, doing this while using the Firestorm viewer doesn't do anything at all.

At first, I tried to change back to a system AVI (for baking issues I had a few months ago, it helped) but in his case ... it doesn't work. Even the system avi can't appear because of "The animation overrider is intended for avatars wearing MALE default shapes only".

I'm really desperate and have zero clue about what is going on even if I think it has something to do with a skin/shape/alpha layer (?)
The issue just came up out of the blue, one morning he logged in and boom! Firestorm couldn't load his wardrobe somehow.

And since that, he's all messed up. 😶

Could anyone help with the issue ? Have you dealt with something like this before ? 

We tried clearing every caches and following some other tips from Firestorm wiki (he did it so I don't have any details, sorry) but we're both feeling quite desperate now and we're both still a bit new so maybe it's something really easy to fix, right in front of our noses, but we can't seem to figure this out.

Thank you very much for your help
🥰

Always check grid status

https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io/incidents/3mnd3071dh9p

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lauleetah said:

Now I feel even dumber 😅

I must admit I rarely check the grid status...

Thank you very much for answering,  I hope everything will be back to normal soon ! 

I don't think a lot of people check so don't feel dumb.  I'll also check the forums general discussions section or tech since something might be there before it hits the grid status page.

It's a holiday weekend so who knows when it'll get fixed.  Good luck!

10 minutes ago, MrDiogoLemos said:

Im in the same situation. Adds that my head have that weird hair that do not go away as well. seem slike the alphas are not working .. grrr i hope they find a solution :(

If you know about anything beep.. will do the same. Good luck guys

bug metachat.jpg

Also...

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Also...

Please please be very very careful using this workaround!

If you accidentally hit the delete key on your keyboard while your root "My Inventory" folder is highlighted, you will delete your root inventory folder. You will get no "Are you sure" prompt & you'll be sitting there looking at a blank inventory window. All your inventory will be gone & you will not be able to login an ANY viewer because of recursion when creating the inventory skeleton.

All viewers will just freeze at this stage of login: 2020-11-28T01:36:44Z WARNING #Inventory# newview/llinventorymodel.cpp(2126) LLInventoryModel::accountForUpdate : Accounting failed for 'My Inventory' version: unknown (-1)

File a support ticket & let LL support delete your "Current Look" folders safely.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

File a support ticket & let LL support delete your "Current Look" folders safely.

Exactly it would be wise to avoid deleting any system folders especially the Inventory Root folder by using Radegast or similar clients/utilities and just file a Support Ticket.

(Now if someone has already deleted their Inventory and really needs to be able to log in to Second Life to manage their lands or whatever they can bypass the initial freeze by using from command line --noinvlib or set Debug Settings> NoInventoryLibrary "True"  and after log in avoid opening Inventory , that's already gone and only Linden's might be able to rebuild it from a backup)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:

Now if someone has already deleted their Inventory and really needs to be able to log in to Second Life to manage their lands or whatever they can bypass the initial freeze by using from command line --noinvlib or set Debug Settings> NoInventoryLibrary "True"  and after log in avoid opening Inventory , that's already gone and only Linden's might be able to rebuild it from a backup

Pretty sure the viewer will crash if you get sent any inventory offers though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Pretty sure the viewer will crash if you get sent any inventory offers though.

I did send a few notecards, objects etc and of course as expected nothing would appear in Inventory regardless if Accepted/Denied but it won't crash.
An easy way to crash it tho is by opening preferences.

Screenshot_2020-11-28_15-58-05.thumb.png.0581309a687096f5ba0a79f345f657f7.png
  • Thanks 1

I had/have the same issue.  In my viewers (Firestorm, Singularity and Secondlife), I've got the grey stuff all over, but to others, I'm just an orange cloud.

I put a ticket in and the response was the MetaChat App is corrupting the folder system by creating 'current look', not current outfit.   I logged into metachat on friday evening, but my avi didn't crash/corrupt until sunday even - so that was really odd.   

* I created an alt and the new alt does NOT have a "current look" folder.     Linden  said they are aware and trying to fix the issue but it might take a while.   :/

• Like 1

I have the same issue except I went from cloud to all baked parts being grey. Objects load correctly. I have 2 "current look" folders, one of them empty. "Current Outfit" has an old outfit that won't clear.  Why all of a sudden does MetaChat not work?

If the MetaChat being referenced here is the app for iphone and ipad, it appears that the 3rd party developer issued a hotfix yesterday for "login and inventory problems".   

If you're a MetaChat user and are experiencing the issues with the 'current look' folders, it's probably best to file a support ticket with LL to get your inventory folders fixed back up, and then make sure you are using the very latest version of MetaChat (with the hotfix) before attempting to login again with MetaChat.

From the App store:

907428454_Screenshot2020-12-01161430.thumb.jpg.21ed1b9a17e2237d33134e96104e2611.jpg

490491813_Screenshot22020-12-01161521.jpg.2142ef38b074a77642b3f7a7c89769ab.jpg

• Thanks 1

Yep, it's that Metachat, thank you for your answer 😊

LL hasn't done anything about it yet, and it's been more than a week now. I think it doesn't affect a lot of people so it's not a top priority bug to fix I guess, but it's very frustrating !

Edited by lauleetah

2 hours ago, lauleetah said:

Yep, it's that Metachat, thank you for your answer 😊

LL hasn't done anything about it yet, and it's been more than a week now. I think it doesn't affect a lot of people so it's not a top priority bug to fix I guess, but it's very frustrating !

It sounded like, from some responses in some other threads, that LL has been working on it, and if you haven't put in a support ticket yet to have your inventory folders fixed up,  go ahead and put in a ticket so that they will know have this problem.   

It's been a little confusing because there's been various posts and threads recently which appear to be getting intermingled somewhat - some bake fail issues from people using MetaChat, some from using bot services, some having "can't find xxxx in inventory" issues, some with being a cloud and some with parts appearing grey, and then probably just the normal bit of intermittent bake fail issues that occur from time to time for one person or another.  But, putting in a ticket with your situation described will help Support get your issue sorted out into the right category and in line for the right solution.

I hope your issue is resolved before too long!

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for your reply, my partner did submit a ticket on November 27th but their replies aren't much more informative than what they're writing here : https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

I guess we have to wait & see,...

But, thanks to this topic I've met other clouds in-world, maybe I should open an haunted house, it's too bad Halloween is over 😇

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.