Not Liking the Cloud

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not too happy with our new home in the cloud.  I logged in for the first time since the changeover, and found that my graphics settings had been turned down to "Low".  Until I noticed this, I was really happy about the "great new frame rate" I was getting.  But when I did notice, and turned my settings back to where they had been, my frame rate dropped back to where I was used to seeing it.

And then I crashed.  Suddenly, and with no warning.  When I logged back in, I crashed again within seconds.

So I turned my graphics back down to Low again.  I can stay in world without crashing, but it's a dull looking place.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You have been around long enough to know that the cloud would have no effect on your FPS. Also, where the regions are hosted have nothing to do with your graphics settings. Something else is going on with your machine, like a driver update, or a dying graphics card, or whatever. Your issues are simply not possibly due to the uplift.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When I saw today's menu I got pretty excited as it said 'Pizza Buffet'.

But out of the 8 kinds of pizza they had, all but 3 were random amalgamations of vegan stuff and lactose free stuff, and of the three that weren't nonsense, one kind had bananas and curry on it, and the other had mushrooms, neither of which are suitable for human consumption (which, I suppose, does make them nonsense, too). Well, not cooked bananas anyway. And mushrooms? What absolute freak puts cow fodder on food?! 

I took a slice of the salami pizza that, unfortunately, was the one thing that didn't have anything repulsive on it. After having eaten it, I figured hey, it's Friday, I got the afternoon off, might as well treat myself to a second slice - so I went back, and when I lift the foil to grab one, I was greeted with salami pizza with banana on it. 

And you know what? I blame the cloud!

700614f20c683701042921ba2f685bcc.gif

8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I am not too happy with our new home in the cloud.  I logged in for the first time since the changeover, and found that my graphics settings had been turned down to "Low".  Until I noticed this, I was really happy about the "great new frame rate" I was getting.  But when I did notice, and turned my settings back to where they had been, my frame rate dropped back to where I was used to seeing it.

And then I crashed.  Suddenly, and with no warning.  When I logged back in, I crashed again within seconds.

So I turned my graphics back down to Low again.  I can stay in world without crashing, but it's a dull looking place.

It's sacrilege to say this because we know the religion. And sure, maybe there's something wrong with your graphic settings.

I'm used to endlessly fiddling with them every day because of all the trouble everywhere.

Yesterday I couldn't take pictures at all, not offline and not to go in inventory. So I cleared cache and erased settings.xml which is my "turn on and off" go-to which works much of the time. It forces the system to re-generate a settings.xml. Then you have the annoyance of having to turn off Voice, turn off your friends log-on notifications (which is really a notification of how many zillions of times your friends have to re-log due to lag or map problems), and fix everything else all over again. But it can be worth it. Pictures are back.

I put the graphics back to getting rid of that new advanced lighting which not only makes the entire world blurry, but grinds me to a halt and makes all the property boundaries bleed through everything, if I have that option on. Advanced lighting does not work to help me see the new Nutmeg set or somebody's fancy sim, as advertised, it's just like having to take prednisone which I hate, hate, hate when they do that several times a year.

But now that I put it all back the way it was, the water has become black, with this sort of menacing roiling effect that is like that oil that anc sells, you know the one? 

It's kind of depressing but many things in SL change within 30 minutes or 3 days or 30 days so I think we'll see another patch soon?

As for the cloud? The cloud is other people's computers. That is all.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't know exactly what the problem is, but for the last few days things have been rezzing so slowly that I have felt like I was back in 2007 when I first got here.

Did I tell you that the original Foo Fighters have gotten the band back together again? Start at 8:12.

the cloud keeps changing my avatar and my clothes on my avatar everytime I log in. my collars settings are being reset by the cloud all the time.. my personal sky and water colors have been changed by the cloud. my rlv is not working right because of the cloud. the cloud is making the world a stinky place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I don't know what the cloud did, but i noticed my shape sliders had been reset to 50 on height, torso length, and hip length.  And I know damn well I didn't alter these numbers myself. Oh, I'm mad.

And bent out of shape too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.