Scripted huds not working/responding

JeanPatrice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, everyone, i hope someone can help me with this.

It's an issue that happens in both viewers that i use:  Firestorm and the SL viewer.

Most of the huds i use - mesh body, mesh head, hugger - have stopped responding to mouse clicks.  Its weird because some of them do - my AO, swim hud, dance hud - all good.  I have gone through the Firestorm Wiki page - https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/scripted_attachment_issues?s[]=huds - and followed the instructions with no relief.  The page is pretty exhaustive.  Also, please note i have tested this on both viewers.  Has anyone had and solved this issue?

Thanks...john...

4 answers to this question

Since you say that you have gone through suggestions on the Firestorm wiki, I assume that you have tried the most obvious things, like detaching and reattaching any stubborn HUD, or wearing a backup copy.  

Have you tried going to a different region, or at least a different parcel?  If you are on land where the own has turned off permission for others to run scripts, most scripted devices will refuse to work.  The exception will be things like AOs and vehicle control HUDs, which are usually designed to continue running in a no-script area if you start them somewhere else.

8 hours ago, JeanPatrice said:

I have gone through the Firestorm Wiki page - https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/scripted_attachment_issues?s[]=huds - and followed the instructions with no relief.  

Did you also do this (copied from the FS page)?
- Try removing all the HUDs and other attachments and testing them one at a time: test each one, then remove it, then test another.

I would like to add the following twist to this one: take off EVERYTHING. Not just HUDs but also clothing, hair, body, every attachment and wear nothing but system body, system skin, system eyes and system hair (yeah, you will look ugly, but we are trying to figure out what is going on).
Then, one by one, wear each attachment and the HUD which goes with it, test it, see if it works. Then when you have an aser, take them off again and continue with the next thing and so forth until you know what works and what does not.

Now, why this variant, you may wonder? Experience. In the past I have had a hud which was positioned next to my body's HUD. I could not figure out why my body's HUD would not work anymore. Turned out that when I minimised the other HUD, it actually went invisible and covered my body's HUD. 
Doing as I suggested may reveal a similar situation for you. And taking off EVERYTHING may make you take off something which you may not even realize was a HUD, or which you forgot is there. 

Give it a whirl and let me know what the verdict is, which HUDs turned out to still work and which did not. 

20 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

- Try removing all the HUDs and other attachments and testing them one at a time: test each one, then remove it, then test another.

Thanks so much for the idea, Fritigern.  I did try it with no luck and holy hell was i ever ugly.

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.