Saving my look

Candi Clawtooth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have so many huds im swamped!!!   I want to save my look just in case i mess up,  which hud do i put it into, the skin hud????    I actually feel like I am drowning because of all the excess huds , if u could also advise me on which are the only onees to keep.

Edited by Candi Clawtooth

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by so many huds.

I keep a Word file with all my shape slider numbers recorded. I can remember which skin I use currently.

So knowing which head, body and skin I'm using, plus the slider numbers means I can restore should the worst happen.

Aside from that, you should organise your inventory, by adding new folders in which you can put heads, bodies, skins, and then clothing etc etc, so it's easy to navigate.

Hope that helps.

24 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by so many huds.

Same here.

By saving looks I presume you mean "outfit" ?  You can open the appropriate huds you may need for an outfit & then save that outfit, then each time you wear that outfit via edit/appearance all of those huds will open with it.  Then just close them all & be on your way.    This will also provide you with a convenient list, again via edit/appearance, of all the elements required to make up an outfit.  I use that often, rather than having to dig around through my inventory I can up "add" something from the link in the outfits folder.

30 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Aside from that, you should organise your inventory, by adding new folders in which you can put heads, bodies, skins, and then clothing etc etc, so it's easy to navigate.

This.

Mine is broken down into various categories, shoes, shirts, trousers, etc. making it much quicker to find a specific item, so what is listed in a specific outfit folder is this:

968425663dabe0e1d029beb61ab4a6b1.png

Do you mean the appliers you use for your base look? If so, you can include the appliers when you save your outfit; just make sure you've attached all the appliers you need when you save your Outfit.

When you next wear the outfit, you just click on the appliers to re-apply them to your body/head, then detach them. Same goes for the texture huds for clothing, and your body and head huds. You don't need to run around SL wearing  lots of huds all the time; the only one you should need to keep on is your AO. 

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.