Baked on Mesh Noob

MsAfrodite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was in another topic on BoM but I decided to create my own thread as I didn't want to hijack the conversation that was going on there.

I am slowing trying to change my Avi using the newer Maitreya 5.3 and using skin instead of skin appliers. I'm almost there, I think.  This is where I'm at so far.  I have to figure out how to fix the face. I have the CATWA Catya Bento Head. 

BoM.PNG

SKIN.PNG

8 minutes ago, MsAfrodite said:

I was in another topic on BoM but I decided to create my own thread as I didn't want to hijack the conversation that was going on there.

I am slowing trying to change my Avi using the newer Maitreya 5.3 and using skin instead of skin appliers. I'm almost there, I think.  This is where I'm at so far.  I have to figure out how to fix the face. I have the CATWA Catya Bento Head. 

BoM.PNG

SKIN.PNG

Click the bakes on mesh button on the catwa HUD..

Edited by RowanMinx

1 hour ago, Anita61 Anatine said:

From the description it looks like that skin is for body only, that means you'll have to purchase another skin for your head.

The folder does say L'etre FACE.  Not sure how they sell but maybe the face is applier?  Is that what the object is above the body skin?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MsAfrodite said:

Thank you all for commenting and trying to help.  I tell ya, I've been up all night playing around with this  thing. I want to use the updated Maitreya (v5.3) but I'm ready to say fudge it! 😠

The body seems fine.  It's still the head you can't get to work?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

The body seems fine.  It's still the head you can't get to work?

I think I've got the head done correctly. I still have to put my hair base & hair back on but I'm sleepy lol. I'll figure out how all that works with BoM when I wake up. ☺️

As I suspected, it seems the head is not BOM and using an applier.  At least you got that figured out.  Just be aware, you won't be able to use BOM items on your head, only appliers.  You CAN use appliers on BOM parts but not the other way around.

ETA  I should have said the head doesn't have BOM turned on which is fine since L'etre seems to have their faces as appliers.  

Edited by RowanMinx

Well, I got some sleep. I have searched for YT videos on CATWA BoM tutorials and they are (the people doing them) are just as confusing. I wish there was a point by point what to do video. 1. Do this. 2. Next do this, etc.  IF and that's a strong IF I ever figure this stuff out I will try do to one...minus rambling, opps and my bads that I'm seeing so far.  #justsayn.  🤷‍♀️ 😋

3 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Yes ... but the red means you have an alpha turned on.

I have been practicing for the past few days and I think I've got figured out! I decided to also upgrade my look and get a new skin that's BoM. Tonight I played around with the new Maitreya add-ons to try layering with tattoo, underwear and clothing & used the tinting option for an applier I added. I've also updated my hairbase to BoM  I'm slowly getting the hang of things. It's a challenge but a good one. 🙂

Thank you for all of your help.

eertt888uujj.thumb.PNG.41ca8a9713d01d6cd6b82e703ff15873.PNG

• Like 1

Looks awesome!!! Love me my COCO and Blueberry stuff. Wait until you discover VISTA animations for your avatar. :)

Agreed about the challenge. Took me and a friend 48 hours to figure out what was wrong with her neck and a gap that showed. Worth it in the end, cause she came out looking like this ...

neckfix.jpg

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Love me my COCO and Blueberry stuff.

Your Avi looks awesome!!!!  I just discovered COCO and I love her work! I love how she puts looks together for ideas and even has items that can make up 2-3 different looks which means the pieces will fit together and not clash. I love that! I also like a lot of pieces from Rowne https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/54448

I have the Dangerous Girl AO from Vista. I made the mistake of deleting the ones I selected from the SL AO hud I use. I prefer it instead of having the Vista hud open, also I find even if I like the majority of the animations I don't like all of them, so this way I can pick the ones I want.  hkhihhlkhkh.thumb.PNG.53940f669a81779bfb75b19159852003.PNG

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.