How do you create bento poses in Daz3D/Blender without Avastar?

DulceDiva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, I have made an exporter for DAZ Studio that I am selling in marketplace... It uses the Genesis 2/3 skeleton and remaps the bones to Second Life. If you want to make animations from Blender without Avastar then you need a Bento skeleton in Blender and then export as BVH I guess...

Edited by Sabrina Tamerlane

16 hours ago, Sabrina Tamerlane said:

Well, I have made an exporter for DAZ Studio that I am selling in marketplace... It uses the Genesis 2/3 skeleton and remaps the bones to Second Life. If you want to make animations from Blender without Avastar then you need a Bento skeleton in Blender and then export as BVH I guess...

I've been looking everywhere,literally.Where do you get the Bento skeleton files from hun?

Me? I don't use much Blender so... You can download some files here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Project_Bento_Resources_and_Information

However you can use a skeleton you like and then rename the bones to SL ones. It requires some work and it won't be good with any skeleton... You need a T-pose skeleton and not an A-pose. I think a Mixamo skeleton should work... Since you have DAZ don't use Genesis 8 because it is an A-Pose and is quite tricky...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sabrina Tamerlane said:

Me? I don't use much Blender so... You can download some files here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Project_Bento_Resources_and_Information

However you can use a skeleton you like and then rename the bones to SL ones. It requires some work and it won't be good with any skeleton... You need a T-pose skeleton and not an A-pose. I think a Mixamo skeleton should work... Since you have DAZ don't use Genesis 8 because it is an A-Pose and is quite tricky...

Okay bare with me...I am new to this hehe ^^.So basically,download any of the skeleton files listed there and import into Blender,do the pose I want and then export as BVH file.That would be it,right?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a fully articulated, and accurate, skeletal representation of the armature used in Second Life, along with a fully skinned Bento character, using the classic mesh provided by LL.  This includes Bento head and hands and it's freely available for anyone to use as they please.  You'll need to contact me in-world for a link.

In order to make animations for Second Life using Blender you can pick my brain for the details necessary to get the job done.

However, I, too, have a product that automatically converts foreign animations, including from the brand that's mentioned here, to be fully compatible with Second Life, on the Marketplace

I'm willing to help others through the process bringing their creations into Second Life and explain how it may be done without the use of additional purchased tools.  Though there are limits and I can explain the pitfalls and work required and very shortly, those interested, will see the limitations in order to make an educated choice of how to proceed.

Edited by BinBash

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.