Old player thinking about returning.

Tex Nasworthy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Assuming you haven't completed deleted the previous viewer installation, go to %APPDATA%\Roaming\Your_viewer_name(Firestorm_x64, SecondLife, etc...)\logs and look at the highest date shown on the files - that is your last logout time.

BTW - Welcome back, Tex

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

The other main way to find out is to have an alt or a friend join a group that you're a member of and check your last login date from the group's front page, assuming that said group hasn't hidden its members (and, of course, assuming that you haven't yet logged in for any reason yourself).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KT Kingsley said:

It's group profiles that show your last login. According to the Xcite! group, it was 2015/02/09.

Your in-world profiles says you joined SL on 08/23/2006: 14 years 3 months; 5206 days ago.

Thanks, KT. That's what I was looking for. Buying myself a new laptop for Christmas, maybe I'll give SL another go.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Its changed a bit since you were last here, you might have a bit of catching up to do and readjusting to things like old friends no longer existing, old hangout places no longer existing.. mesh.. bom.. eep..

Yep, I'm assuming I'll have a lot of catching up to do.

4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

It will be exhilarating.  Take your time and enjoy it.  😎

Yes, especially the part about taking your time. It can not be stressed enough. So many people returning after an extended period of absence start stressing about updating their look, learning about this new feature, and this and that and the other thing. But do take it slow, if you want to update your look, take your time to find out exactly what you want. If you want to learn about new technologies like Bento, BoM or EEP, then don't try to grasp everything in one go.
Allow yourself to be a bit of a newbie when it comes to these newsies, it's okay to be one :-)

• Like 1

You logged in 2015 last time, so SL had started with mesh. Maybe you had bought a suit or other clothes in "standard sizes". Avatar looks have changed. But no need to stress and hurry, to buy a mesh avatar. Talk with people and socialize instead. The mesh bodypart market is huge, if you decide to buy some of it, ask here in "Your avatar" first.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.