Products purchased from the same seller and never got

PetiteJolie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday I bought several products from a store, but I have never arrived. IM I sent the seller (who is off line), the notecard, and even an email, as well as marked on their profile.
But nothing. It spent several linden, and I do not want them thrown away.
How can I do to have bought the products? Is there a system? If the seller does not loggherà ever again, my products are lost, and he took the Lindens?

In the merchants profile there should be information on contacting him with instructions for what they want to confirm the sale. Usually transaction information is needed. You can get it from your account in Transaction History.

For things that are Transfer OK, many merchants will not send a replacement.

SL has delivery problems. Some stuff is just never delivered because something in the SL servers fails. Also some stuff is miss delivered. Look through your Trash and Lost and Found.

If they never login again... yeah you've lost it.

About all you can do is resend the the information every so often. Send Note Cards as they will arrive even if messages are capped.

I sent the notecard, I repeat, as well as an email to the merchant, as marked on their profile. By sending all of the transactions.
More than 2000 Linden ... and, to be honest, I do not want to lose them. The seller has not contacted me, nor even for IM and email.

I would not want to be one of those ... who ever does not log on sl .. and pockets .... Linden only.

Well if it just happened yesterday I would give the merchant a lil time before worrying too much. Also, the marketplace itself can be very slow...up to 8 hours to deliver.  Did you include a copy of the transaction on your notecard?  That is always helpful to the merchant, he can see exactly what you bought when. 

For future purchases if you want to be sure to "get it right now" tp to the inworld shop.  Buying inworld is much more reliable.  If you must by on the marketplace, buy single items vs using the shopping cart...single item sales rarely fail the shopping cart is still not very dependable.

Nalates Urriah wrote:

<snip>

About all you can do is resend the the information every so often. Send Note Cards as they will arrive even if messages are capped.

Actually...if your messages are capped, any notecards, group messages, product deliveries, etc will NOT be delivered either.  This is a common misconception and many merchants always ask for notecards instead of IM's, since they think they will always get the notecards.  This just isn't true.  Any notecards sent before your messages get capped will be delivered, but, the rest...go into oblivion.  :(

I have tested this theory, sent notecards mysef, and none of them were received.  So...suggesting that someone resend the information every so often is good advice. 

Petitioned wrote:

I
sent the
notecard
I repeat
as well as
an
email
to the merchant
as
marked
on their profile
By sending all
of the transactions.

More than
Linden
and
to
be
honest
I do not want
to lose them
The
seller
has
not
contacted
me
nor
even
for
IM
and
email

I would not want
to be
one
of
those
who
ever
does not log
on
sl
and
pockets
Linden
only

you say it was a store, so I assume it was inworld rather than the marketplace but here's my tuppence for both.

If it was inworld, you can AR the vendor for non delivery (fraud, I'm not inworld atm so I can't remember the actual term used) and give the details of the transaction and what you've done to try to fix it.  LL will very possibly ignore it but you never know, they may action it and get the merchant's attention.

You could join one of the groups they're a member of to see when they last logged in. If it's fairly recently then it could just be they're on holiday or only can get in on the weekend or a myriad of other reasons but they will eventually get back to you.  If they have been gone for a long time then I'd suggest you kiss your money goodbye and don't buy anything from them again.  LL doesn't stop people selling stuff and taking the money but not supporting it, so there is pretty well nothing you can do.

The only other thing I can think of is you may have the seller muted (so deliveries and IMs from the seller won't get to you) or they've got you muted which is why they're not getting your IMs/notecards.  Sounds unlikely but it isn't - it could have been something as simple as when you were a hapless noob you were gesture spamming and they muted you for some peace (not saying you did - it's just an example of how people end up on mute lists).  You could try getting a friend or an alt to drop a notecard over, just to see if that's responded to.

If it was the marketplace, check your transaction history to see if it has been cancelled and the money returned or if it says delivered.  If it says delivered you do need to lodge a ticket with LL support and LL will redeliver it for you.

It also has a strore, I went there, but the products purchased, are of the sculpt, the shop was not full perm, but on the MP are full sale.

For this I have purchased from MP.
In the transaction tells me the product delivered, but I have not received anything.

I bought him four products, one handed, 3 others never delivered.
I'll make a ticket, the LL, hoping they can solve

This is the reason why I always hesitate to buy ANYTHING from the marketplace. So many irresponsible dolts in that place either completely inactive in SL (Linden hoggers) or sell falsely advertised things. I just bought a pair of boots yesterday that were advertised as copy/mod, but when I received it it's no mod, and contains no resize script either, like wtf? Do people actually check the things they sell before they put it in that damn magic box? And of course, no response whatsoever after contact. I'd recommend checking the seller's profile before buying stuff. It's possible to get a general idea how active they are in SL from the groups they're in, last login time, how much information they put into their profile, etc. I posted a similar question in the forum before about whether or not the LL actually does anything about this as I was in the same situation as you before (not receiving the item purchased), and the answer was no they don't give a f**cking damn about how much L$ you lose, the only thing they care about is how much L$ you're gonna buy from them after losing your money. It's a game, so if it was me I'd never spend anything significant on any one item (over a few thousand). Anyone could simply sell something gorgeous for 10k on marketplace and give you an empty box, and claim "it never delivered", and LL wouldn't give a damn about it.

I suppose I might be happy to hear that some of my competitors might be flakes, but it doesn't make me happy to think that people will also be less eager to purchase from me because of the actions or inactions of others.

If any of you, my fellow merchants care, I'd just like to reiterate that if you are not already doing so, you are welcome to join me at any time in the effort to set maximum standards of customer service for the marketplace.

If nothing else, I think we can at least do better than leave delivery failures to be resolved between customers and LL.

It is the marketplace's responsibility to handle deliveries of things purchased on the marketplace. Although most merchants are happy to redeliver copyable items, if they are not available, file a ticket. They will redeliver items fairly quickly.

And no, don't buy anything from the MP if you can avoid it.

Josh Susanto wrote:

I suppose I might be happy to hear that some of my competitors might be flakes, but it doesn't make me happy to think that people will also be less eager to purchase from me because of the actions or inactions of others.

If any of you, my fellow merchants care, I'd just like to reiterate that if you are not already doing so, you are welcome to join me at any time in the effort to set maximum standards of customer service for the marketplace.

If nothing else, I think we can at least do better than leave delivery failures to be resolved between customers and LL.

I care, and couldnt agree more. Bad service in general makes US look bad, and undermines our customers' confidence. We know that the Marketplace problem is not of our causing, but sadly for us many of our customers do not make that distinction. Let's face it, if something is ballsed-up during a purchase (which for me luckily is pretty rare), individual merchants are the frontline for customer service in the absence of anything better or more accessable. It may not be fair, but we suffer first and most immediately when the system doesn't work.

And just do it 'cause it's the nice way to play.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.