An applause to whoever is naming the new Bellisseria regions ...

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I happened to open my map, looking around a bit, and noticed there's stuff happening to the north-east of Bellisseria. Love the 4-region large 'SOON' sign. Upon closer inspection, I began noticing names ...

When I saw 'Salmon and Gillfunkel', I chuckled - and it's right next to 'Tuna Turner'! 'Jamaica Me Crazy' sounds like a fun spot, too. 

Even just the open water regions - 'Too Salty' and 'Really Wet' .. Now I'm really looking forward to exploring the place, even if I'm not a particularly beach-loving kind of vampire. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

There have been plenty of funny ones not just in this batch but right from the start. I particularly liked "Emerson Lake", right next door to "Palmer Lake".  I've also had a houseboat in "Getthe Point" and (briefly) a log cabin in "Spruce Springsteen".

• Like 5

I'm a 'renewbie' & I'm so pleased with most things about the new homes. I bounced around catching & releasing for a couple of days and have wound up with the sweetest houseboat with a view of a lighthouse in 'Aboat time' region. Love it. 

Edited by Stella Carver
spelling

1 hour ago, Stella Carver said:

'renewbie'

Oh, that might be it - I was about to call you out for cheating, as you have a post count of 1, and a reputation score of 4 - without that one post having any reactions to it!

11 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Prolly a tiny or a Dinkie made most of those funny names up. 

I've run across more people than I can keep track of that have the ability to make up names like that.  It happened a lot back in the earlier days of Last Names. Probably less than 1% of said people were Dinkie or Tiny.  It's not an ability that is only seen in the smaller avatars --- or even mostly seen in the smaller avatars.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've run across more people than I can keep track of that have the ability to make up names like that.  It happened a lot back in the earlier days of Last Names. Probably less than 1% of said people were Dinkie or Tiny.  It's not an ability that is only seen in the smaller avatars --- or even mostly seen in the smaller avatars.

True, it's part of the humor here in SL...but tinies do it all through events and group chat and it's pretty punny.

Edited by FairreLilette

20 hours ago, Orwar said:

Oh, that might be it - I was about to call you out for cheating, as you have a post count of 1, and a reputation score of 4 - without that one post having any reactions to it!

I'm surprised I have that much. I wasn't very active when I WAS active. But yeah, I think I faded out around 2011, popping back in for an hour here or there every few months just to see what was new. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.