Gifts not going in to inventory

Cully Andel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For the last few weeks, whenever I'm sent something and I'm offline, the gift doesn't appear in my inventory when I log in. I accept it, it acknowledges in my chat that I've accepted it, but it doesn't appear in my inventory. I've tried relogging, different viewers, clearing cache - nothing works. The only thing that resolves it is having a redelivery when I'm online. I had hoped this was a glitch with the moving to cloud, but move has been completed and it's still happening.

Anyone else getting the same thing.

2 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, Cully Andel said:

For the last few weeks, whenever I'm sent something and I'm offline, the gift doesn't appear in my inventory when I log in. I accept it, it acknowledges in my chat that I've accepted it, but it doesn't appear in my inventory. I've tried relogging, different viewers, clearing cache - nothing works. The only thing that resolves it is having a redelivery when I'm online. I had hoped this was a glitch with the moving to cloud, but move has been completed and it's still happening.

Anyone else getting the same thing.

There have been a variety of MP issues related to the cloud move.  While all of the regions have now been moved, some of the backend processing is still not in the cloud due to issues that they are working to resolve.  I'd suggest a JIRA for this problem, especially since it seems easily reproducible.

https://jira.secondlife.com

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

If it's a gift from the Marketplace, look in the Received Items section of your inventory.  Depending on how you've set up your viewer, this can be an actual folder, or it might appear as a special section at the bottom of the inventory window.

If it's not there, you can (probably) use the Marketplace's Redelivery function to get another one.

Be sure your avatar isn't in Busy (Unavailable) mode.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.