Marketplace upload folder not showing on edit page. next to SL Folder name.

Xplicit Halostar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm just about to put this item into my store & I see this: The folder name failed to load. Refresh the page to try again.  Right next to SL Folder Name:

Now I've "lost" a few items over the last few weeks, I've not noticed this before, So I am reluctant to finish editing the product page for making it be ready for selling in my store, because I don't want to get the " item is not available , & then I have to pull it out & cannot ever open it, because it never can be rezzed for whatever reason that is.It does show 1 on hand in my unlisted view in the Manage Listings page... (the top image) and the bottom image shows where it states : The folder name failed to load. Refresh the page to try again.  Not seen this one until now, is there something going on server side, or is there a work-around to fix the issue?

MP issue produt edit issue.jpg

image.png

I had the same issue and contacted support, reply as below. I've not had a chance to try it yet but just in case it helps:

" Please try removing the folder from your Marketplace Listings UI window by moving the folder back to your main SL inventory, then try resending the folder back to the Marketplace again. 

The Failure to Load folder name is usually caused by a communication issue between your SL Inventory and the Marketplace database.

Moving the folder out of the Marketplace Listing area and moving it back again should resend the information to the MKT Database. "

I'm having the same problem.  The steps StephanieBell gave do not work.  No matter how many times I move the folder back to my SL inventory and retry, it fails.  The error message is the same:  The folder name failed to load.  How do we get help on this?   Just to be certain, I logged out of Firestorm, installed and logged into the official SL viewer (which is absolutely horrible, btw) - and I am having the same issue.  I don't believe this is viewer related.  Also, I've disabled pop-up blocker and ad-blocker for all SL websites - so it's not that.  I also have confirmed ... it's not happening with copiable items.  ONLY on NO COPY items.  I've never had an issue listing before.  Any ideas how we get help on this?

3796d18d8f2bcc3ba799749b5ae5989f.png

Edited by Luhkey

1 hour ago, Luhkey said:

I've just opened a support ticket for this.  I suggest you all do the same if needed.

Hi Luhkey, 

As mentioned in the post, I opened a support ticket and that was the response. As I mentioned also I hadn't had a chance to try it, but thanks for letting me know it didn't solve the issue. If you get a different response, let us know.

Best wishes

1 minute ago, StephanieBell said:

Hi Luhkey, 

As mentioned in the post, I opened a support ticket and that was the response. As I mentioned also I hadn't had a chance to try it, but thanks for letting me know it didn't solve the issue. If you get a different response, let us know.

Best wishes

Hey, no problems.  I'm trying everything I can.  There seems to be a problem with NO COPY items only.  I'm baffled because I see plenty of other gacha resellers listing items so it may be something that is account specific and possibly related to some "uplifting" issue when migrating us to the cloud.  Right now, that is just a guess.

When I try to edit listing I keep getting "The folder name failed to load. Refresh the page to try again."    The app fills in the item title correctly.   I have tried multiple browsers and the built in browser in Firestorm with no luck.   I did submit a ticket.

But did not find anyone else reporting this.   Could it be something I am suddenly doing?

Thanks for any thoughts....

nova.png

Hello Faint,

no you are not the only one with that problem. I found another threat, where exact the same thing is discussed.

here the link to it: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/464581-marketplace-upload-folder-not-showing-on-edit-page-next-to-sl-folder-name/

I have the same issue at the moment, with no clue at all, what I am doing wrong, or how to solve it. Will open a ticket as well

Kind Regards 

Hope

Has anyone got this sorted yet?  I just tried to list something for the first time in a month (I'm a little behind) and found this issue.  I have submitted a ticket but just wondering if anyone has gotten a fix since the last post?   I am seeing new items being listed so clearly not everyone is having this problem...

4 hours ago, Deluza said:

Has anyone got this sorted yet?  I just tried to list something for the first time in a month (I'm a little behind) and found this issue.  I have submitted a ticket but just wondering if anyone has gotten a fix since the last post?   I am seeing new items being listed so clearly not everyone is having this problem...

Unfortunately, there has been no response to my ticket from LL.  I have not heard any other news.  This is really frustrating.  Please open a ticket and let us know if you hear?

Hello, everyone.  I just got a reply back on my ticket from Dakota Linden:

"We have escalated this report to a supervisor as a bug report. 
As soon as we have an updated from them we will update this support ticket."

I will update this post if I hear more details.

3 minutes ago, Deluza said:

Hi again, I received the exact same replay from support as Luhkey, however I have been checking the status and don't see it up there yet....it's is very frustrating because I can see that others are able to list items.  

I don't see any updates either.  In fact, I'm worried that nothing is being done.  Since my account is not premium, I may be of low priority.  If someone monitoring this is premium, I urge them to call concierge support and ask that this be escalated.  However, I do have an update:  After trying multiple times (creating the listing, moving item back to my inventory, deleting the listing, and repeating over and over and over again, I was able to get the listing to save even though the error was still there on the folder name.  Then, I edited the listing and saved it, and it disappeared until I went back and did it again.  This time, it saved.  And, as far as I can tell, it seems fine.  I'm not sure if they worked on it or not, since there's been no other communication.  I'll keep you all informed.

Hello, everyone.  I've been able to upload gacha items to the market successfully without going through all the stuff I mentioned in my last post.  They must have done something to resolve this, although I've not heard anything on it as yet.  Please feel free to report your own progress here if you wish.

On 11/26/2020 at 4:21 AM, FaintOutline said:

When I try to edit listing I keep getting "The folder name failed to load. Refresh the page to try again."    The app fills in the item title correctly.   I have tried multiple browsers and the built in browser in Firestorm with no luck.   I did submit a ticket.

But did not find anyone else reporting this.   Could it be something I am suddenly doing?

Thanks for any thoughts....

nova.png

Although I was able to finally upload my items, the error still appeared on the screen.  It's as though the system is now ignoring the error and letting my items list.  Are you able to list the item?

2 hours ago, tasae said:

I have not seen any change to the "folder failed to load" problem.   I have tried to re-upload many items, but that also does nothing.

Hi, tasae.  It seems there are quite a few having the same issue.  Mine seems to have improved and I was able to list even though I have that same error.  If you haven't already done so, please open a support ticket and make note of this thread.  I also suggest following this topic so you can receive updates when someone posts.  Best of luck, and please let us know if you get any replies.  So far, I have not heard back from my ticket after they said it would be escalated.  Luhkey.

Edited by Luhkey

On 11/27/2020 at 11:19 AM, Hope Moorsider said:

Hello Faint,

no you are not the only one with that problem. I found another threat, where exact the same thing is discussed.

here the link to it: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/464581-marketplace-upload-folder-not-showing-on-edit-page-next-to-sl-folder-name/

I have the same issue at the moment, with no clue at all, what I am doing wrong, or how to solve it. Will open a ticket as well

Kind Regards 

Hope

Thank you, Hope.  The link you provided is for this thread.  I'll search the forum to see if I can find any other threads for this issue and link them here.  If you spot any other threads, please let us know!  :D  

Edited by Luhkey

Hello, all.   I asked for an update on my ticket.  This was their reply:  

"We do not yet have an update from the Engineers regarding the issue with the SL Folder Name failing to load. 

As soon as we have an update from them we will update this support ticket. "

I guess we wait.

• Confused 1

Yeah I sent a support ticket, and they said I should do these things...They (LL) sent me the exact same thing, about moving folders, which does nothing, even recreated a few folder names & this happens to them as well as all new folders as well. The folder does update, but it's more of a nuisance to get your way back to the specified listings page, but not impossible. Although you cannot update it with just using the "click on the Green check-mark" approach it never updates that way, you must go the edit page route & then find your way back to listings as it does not auto-send you back to the listings page.

11 hours ago, Xplicit Halostar said:

Yeah I sent a support ticket, and they said I should do these things...They (LL) sent me the exact same thing, about moving folders, which does nothing, even recreated a few folder names & this happens to them as well as all new folders as well. The folder does update, but it's more of a nuisance to get your way back to the specified listings page, but not impossible. Although you cannot update it with just using the "click on the Green check-mark" approach it never updates that way, you must go the edit page route & then find your way back to listings as it does not auto-send you back to the listings page.

I had the exact same issue.  It took many tries to get things to list.  I still haven't had a response on the ticket I opened.

1 hour ago, Luhkey said:

I had the exact same issue.  It took many tries to get things to list.  I still haven't had a response on the ticket I opened.

They didn't give me much info, & what was said I see as kinda vague, but that's  my opinion of it. Anyways they suggested that I pull the folders from the UI Marketplace listings, drag them back into my inventory, & then re-add them back to the Marketplace listings UI via SL. I tried that several times, nothing changed, even new listings state that same thing. However I have been able to upload items newly placed & it goes back to the All Listings page, so I don't have to go back to the main MP page, then to my store/listings/unlisted products. However it only works with newly placed items into the MP, I tried to do it from the Unlisted page & it went to the So sorry screen, thus it seems there's a partial fix, maybe they're working on it , I think that it's just going to take time to resolve it all..."suddenly having Army training flashbacks...hurry up & wait!"...roll that Jeopardy music in a cadence beat, lol.

Its been nearly 2 weeks since I sent my ticket...I am a premium member and don't see that making a difference.  I have too many items to pull back and re-add, I did try it earlier and it didn't work.  Currently have not sent anything further to MP.  I have resent my ticket asking for an update...I am sure they are working on it...

11 hours ago, Deluza said:

Its been nearly 2 weeks since I sent my ticket...I am a premium member and don't see that making a difference.  I have too many items to pull back and re-add, I did try it earlier and it didn't work.  Currently have not sent anything further to MP.  I have resent my ticket asking for an update...I am sure they are working on it...

I'm hopeful they will fix it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.