Black Friday sales

arisaie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

We had all three regions restarting every hour (at random times so people couldn't game the system, as it were). It didn't make any difference. People would set their TP hammers going, then go to bed in the hopes that in the morning they'd be in the store. Two of our CSRs even opened up their homes as fourth and fifth locations. As soon as the SLurls for those were known, the CSRs would log in in the morning to find their homes full of AFK people who were asleep IRL. They were summarily booted and some of them subsequently came back into chat to complain once they woke up ¬¬

The reason we didnt restart every 30 minutes was because the regions were so lagged by the TP hammers that people were hanging around just waiting for things to rez so they could see what to click. In the middle of all that - for people on anything but a superfast connection - 15 minutes certainly wouldn't be long enough. Honestly, those three weeks were a bloody nightmare for us in the support group chat. I've never seen rudeness like it before - people coming into the group, yelling, demanding, and insulting - and most likely (and thankfully) I never will again because you can guarantee that Catwa will probably never again give away a free Bento head because of how rudely and poorly we saw thousands of people behaving over those three weeks. It was straight 12- to 15-hour days for most of us CSRs during all that.

I wish the Lelutka team luck. Like the Catwa team and the Genus team before them, they're going to need it. It probably won't be quite so manic for them, as this is not a completely free head, but they're still going to be absolutely inundated.

Yeah, but why cannot they put some of these sales on Marketplace?  Why does it all have to be inworld which causes all this mayhem?  I think I got Freya head free on Marketplace if memory serves me correctly.  So, I'm speaking of just in general terms...why all inworld only?  It's nuts!  As you know.  I doubt asking for others to please not use teleport hammers is going to work.  I just looked one up myself but now that I've read this post it doesn't seem the right thing to do because in another post you said it's like launching a DDOS attack on someone and I don't want to do that...but, again, why not just put some sales on MP...it's money coming in from MP too and people need money for their business.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is a difference between a free Catwa head that is advertised to fit male and female bodies, and Lelutka heads that cost 2000 L. I assume they use the current price of 3990 and price 50% off, not going back to the pre - Covid price of 5000. If they should use the pre - Covid price, the heads will cost 2500.

So a free head meant everyone and their multiple alts came to pick it up. It was not in the Marketplace until the original sim and the two others was battered down. It is not my place to ask why, it was very generous.

I think free stuff can attract a rude and demanding underbelly of SL.

That people stand for hours and wait until they can see... well, we can't fix stupid. People teleport in with roleplay meters, animated pets and avatars in full mesh.

I was in the Loft & Aria sale yesterday, and in the Fourth Wall sale today, it was no problems teleporting in. It is still expensive, even if it is 50% off. So I think it will be possible to get into Lelutka if one is smart and tries when it is early morning 5 - 6 AM SL time. But I will stop talking about hammers.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words to clarify
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

and tries when it is early morning 5 - 6 AM SL time. But I will stop talking about hammers.

Oh, and I wasn't talking about you, Marianne, as to not using the hammer.  It's entirely up to you.  What I really mean is think of ALL the people inworld who don't even read the forum.

About all a creator could do is put out the message in a notice inworld to please not use them...and say in the notice it could crash the sim completely or something like that.  

57 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Hmmmmmmmmm...but I'm thinking I could guess maybe...just hit the backspace arrow or use teleport history maybe?  Or perhaps put in the slurl on the top bar.  I'm trying to think of one click ways....

Here's a hint you need to do something with this hint for it to work:

Snapshot_8496.thumb.png.b7f8f04008c3aec20529926b33d1d84f.png

whoever gets it please keep it to yourself ; b 

• Like 1

Lelutka had 50% sale last year too (so 2500L per head), and it wasn't too bad really. So I agree with Marianne here, freebies are completely different thing and attract way more people (and thousands of alts, even ones that are mostly dormant otherwise). Good example would be anniversary round of Access with lots of gifts, it was problematic to get into 2+ weeks after it started.

And yep, looking forward to get some stuff this year in SL, too. Got quite long list of stuff to get (if it goes on sale that is). Mostly from my "decent demos" folder. I demo plenty of stuff, but only a very small % of that is something that I consider "must have" and get right away.

I don't keep statistics, but I'd say 1% is stuff I demo I buy right away, 90%+ goes to the trash, and remaining ones go to the demo folder. They are usually decent enough, but reasons why I don't grab them right away can vary. Sometimes I'm just not feeling like wearing such kind of clothes, sometimes I first need to find some matching stuff, sometimes I just don't think it's worth the asking price (usually the case when outfit is separated to 3-4 pieces and each one costs 250+). Same goes for the furniture/landscape stuff, except no demo folder, but a notecard with the list.

So 50% (and sometimes even better, up to 70%) sale is a good time to catch up on those things and save a bit. Besides in my country there are no good deals for black friday anyway, just a few mediocre ones here and there, so not like I will have to choose between rl sales and sl ones anyway.

2 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

Here's a hint you need to do something with this hint for it to work:

Snapshot_8496.thumb.png.b7f8f04008c3aec20529926b33d1d84f.png

whoever gets it please keep it to yourself ; b 

I figured it out, Sarah, thankies.  I'll let others give it a go at trying to solve it.

I'm not sure what got me into LAQ as I tried your method above plus hitting the MAP teleport plus my landmark...but LAQ is having a 75% OFF SALE!  I just got 6 heads, 1 HUD, 2 skins, 1 eyebrows, 1 lip liner, 1 bubblegum for about 3500 lindens.  It must be at least 13K worth of stuff and LAQ was the one I wanted most of all because I am interested in making "doll-like" avatars plus younger avatars of about age 18 to 20, so I knew LAQ was the one for me.  I never imaged it would be 75% OFF.  What a fantastic deal for me and it's what I wanted!

If anyone wants to get in, it took me about 45 minutes to finally get into LAQ.  I do want one Lelutka head too...hoping to get in there also!

I think I've saved about 13K on lindens at least so far and got what I wanted between LAQ, Addams and a few hairs, so that's more like I saved $50 dollars!   I can't hardly believe it!  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Yeah, but why cannot they put some of these sales on Marketplace?  Why does it all have to be inworld which causes all this mayhem?  I think I got Freya head free on Marketplace if memory serves me correctly.  So, I'm speaking of just in general terms...why all inworld only?  It's nuts!  As you know.  I doubt asking for others to please not use teleport hammers is going to work.  I just looked one up myself but now that I've read this post it doesn't seem the right thing to do because in another post you said it's like launching a DDOS attack on someone and I don't want to do that...but, again, why not just put some sales on MP...it's money coming in from MP too and people need money for their business.  

One reasons I suspect, there is no “sale” override function you can apply to a marketplace store at whole, or by grouping products etc.  I think you have to go into each price and manually amend (which again I may be not up to date, then impacts the search placement).  You can try to group listings but it’s seriously painful if you have more than. A hundred items or so. Then once the sale is done, go back in again and put back to full price.   LL have stated marketplace dev is not a priority until uplift is finished.  But this is one feature that would be hugely welcomed I am sure...

If it just one item for sale it’s a non issue.  If your whole store, ouch.  Whereas Inworld, if using things like Caspervend, you can set a sale blanket level and be done in a few clicks....

Edited by Charlotte Bartlett

6 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I figured it out, Sarah, thankies.  I'll let others give it a go at trying to solve it.

I'm not sure what got me into LAQ as I tried your method above plus hitting the MAP teleport plus my landmark...but LAQ is having a 75% OFF SALE!  I just got 6 heads, 1 HUD, 2 skins, 1 eyebrows, 1 lip liner, 1 bubblegum for about 3500 lindens.  It must be at least 13K worth of stuff and LAQ was the one I wanted most of all because I am interested in making "doll-like" avatars plus younger avatars of about age 18 to 20, so I knew LAQ was the one for me.  I never imaged it would be 75% OFF.  What a fantastic deal for me and it's what I wanted!

If anyone wants to get in, it took me about 45 minutes to finally get into LAQ.  I do want one Lelutka head too...hoping to get in there also!

I think I've saved about 13K on lindens at least so far and got what I wanted between LAQ, Addams and a few hairs, so that's more like I saved $50 dollars!   I can't hardly believe it!  

I heard nothing about a LAQ sale. No problem, since the heads are not "me". But it show me that I am too sure about Seraphimsl. Stores has to pay to be in Seraphimsl, isn't it so? Many probably opt out of using them. Of the stores I know of that has a sale, I have only seen Magika in Seraphimsl.

9 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Oh, and I wasn't talking about you, Marianne, as to not using the hammer.  It's entirely up to you.  What I really mean is think of ALL the people inworld who don't even read the forum.

About all a creator could do is put out the message in a notice inworld to please not use them...and say in the notice it could crash the sim completely or something like that.  

I should have quoted @Skell Dagger, it wasn't you.

8 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

Lelutka had 50% sale last year too (so 2500L per head), and it wasn't too bad really. So I agree with Marianne here, freebies are completely different thing and attract way more people (and thousands of alts, even ones that are mostly dormant otherwise). Good example would be anniversary round of Access with lots of gifts, it was problematic to get into 2+ weeks after it started.

And yep, looking forward to get some stuff this year in SL, too. Got quite long list of stuff to get (if it goes on sale that is). Mostly from my "decent demos" folder. I demo plenty of stuff, but only a very small % of that is something that I consider "must have" and get right away.

I don't keep statistics, but I'd say 1% is stuff I demo I buy right away, 90%+ goes to the trash, and remaining ones go to the demo folder. They are usually decent enough, but reasons why I don't grab them right away can vary. Sometimes I'm just not feeling like wearing such kind of clothes, sometimes I first need to find some matching stuff, sometimes I just don't think it's worth the asking price (usually the case when outfit is separated to 3-4 pieces and each one costs 250+). Same goes for the furniture/landscape stuff, except no demo folder, but a notecard with the list.

So 50% (and sometimes even better, up to 70%) sale is a good time to catch up on those things and save a bit. Besides in my country there are no good deals for black friday anyway, just a few mediocre ones here and there, so not like I will have to choose between rl sales and sl ones anyway.

Thanks, I knew at least one brand of heads had a Black Friday sale last year, did not remember the name. Maybe it was Genus too.

Edited by Marianne Little

27 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I heard nothing about a LAQ sale. No problem, since the heads are not "me". But it show me that I am too sure about Seraphimsl. Stores has to pay to be in Seraphimsl, isn't it so?

Anyone can have free ads for new items or gifts hunts and the regular event listing.  Some ads are extra like the top banner and having your event "boosted" etc. This is all in the literature on their page.   I am pretty sure anyone having a Black Friday sale that actually IS on Block Friday (oh my can that really be ? :D) gets free advertising at Seraphim when that listing comes out. It is just that SO many people are having "Black Friday" sales weeks ahead of the traditional day. 

image.png.b981f28227126a457f9fa950174c2c6b.png

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

One reasons I suspect, there is no “sale” override function you can apply to a marketplace store at whole, or by grouping products etc.  I think you have to go into each price and manually amend (which again I may be not up to date, then impacts the search placement).  You can try to group listings but it’s seriously painful if you have more than. A hundred items or so. Then once the sale is done, go back in again and put back to full price.   LL have stated marketplace dev is not a priority until uplift is finished.  But this is one feature that would be hugely welcomed I am sure...

If it just one item for sale it’s a non issue.  If your whole store, ouch.  Whereas Inworld, if using things like Caspervend, you can set a sale blanket level and be done in a few clicks....

Yeah, I know you have to set all items for sale on MP...I've done it myself.  But, I don't have any kind of a big big store.   But, still, it's money and still even further, sales are a part of business and people may NOT buy otherwise or buy sparingly.  I am hoping Blueberry will have one on Marketplace too but that may be wishful thinking because they don't do as many sales as Addam's.  Addam's has had at least four sales this year and one was on Marketplace.  Blueberry hasn't even had one sale this year that I know of.   It's work to do a sale, but the people would really make a lot of money and probably way more money on Marketplace because of difficulty getting into a full sim and especially when you have those kinds of sizes in your groups - tons and tons o' money to be made in sales on Marketplace!   

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I heard nothing about a LAQ sale. No problem, since the heads are not "me". But it show me that I am too sure about Seraphimsl. Stores has to pay to be in Seraphimsl, isn't it so? Many probably opt out of using them. Of the stores I know of that has a sale, I have only seen Magika in Seraphimsl.

I joined the group weeks ago so I could get a notice if they would be having a Black Friday sale.  I joined the groups inworld I wanted to get notices from for the sales, so that's how I heard about LAQ's sale - I got the notice.  I love Seraphim outlet 50% off shopping since I found it a few months ago which is a monthly thing I'd guess, all these sales really helps us in the U.S. since our government has abandoned us in the U.S. and will not help us.  

Edited by FairreLilette

10 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

There's nothing better than cruising into packed sims/sales as a premium member of SL ❤️
Waltz in, blinged out, get what you want and gone in the blink of an eye. 
There's this thing called lag....🧐  apparently....🤭

Brat!  (kidding)

9 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Seraphimsl

@Marianne Little, speaking of Seraphim outlet...did you see those "fae wraps" for Maitreya point feet?  Those are adorable and 50% off!  I saw your beautiful ballet photographs (which I thought should win an award, btw) and thought I'd mention the fae wraps for the point feet at Seraphim.  I bought two pair.  It's great, it's like buy one, get one free.  I bought a necklace last month at Seraphim for half price that is so beautiful, I still haven't taken it off in a month.  This is a great way for creators to get exposure and/or during coronavirus (as the bleep has hit the fan in America with no help or very little help from government) that we need the sale prices.  I know I do.  I need to save for emergencies.  We are in a state of emergency.  But, sales will get me buying some, that's for sure!  Most of my other non-sale spending has come to a grinding and complete halt.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Yeah, I know you have to set all items for sale on MP...I've done it myself.  But, I don't have any kind of a big big store.   But, still, it's money and still even further, sales are a part of business and people may NOT buy otherwise or buy sparingly.  I am hoping Blueberry will have one on Marketplace too but that may be wishful thinking because they don't do as many sales as Addam's.  Addam's has had at least four sales this year and one was on Marketplace.  Blueberry hasn't even had one sale this year that I know of.   It's work to do a sale, but the people would really make a lot of money and probably way more money on Marketplace because of difficulty getting into a full sim and especially when you have those kinds of sizes in your groups - tons and tons o' money to be made in sales on Marketplace!   

I joined the group weeks ago so I could get a notice if they would be having a Black Friday sale.  I joined the groups inworld I wanted to get notices from for the sales, so that's how I heard about LAQ's sale - I got the notice.  I love Seraphim outlet 50% off shopping since I found it a few months ago which is a monthly thing I'd guess, all these sales really helps us in the U.S. since our government has abandoned us in the U.S. and will not help us.  

Other stores may have a lot of listings which differs to you.  Hence why you may profit, but for me it wouldn't add up cost/benefit.     Generic "make a lot of money" statements doesn't really apply in all cases.     I would love a full sales mechanism to be built into a proper Marketplace 2.0 from LL that allows proper promotions, discounts, flash sales etc.

Re the US Government - no comment, not bringing politics into a generic topic on American driven sales events within Second Life.

Edited by Charlotte Bartlett
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

I would love a full sales mechanism to be built into a proper Marketplace 2.0 from LL that allows proper promotions, discounts, flash sales etc.

I'm curious now...have you asked them in the form of a formal suggestion to Linden Lab if they could do this?  It would be great, of course!  

33 minutes ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

Re the US Government - no comment, not bringing politics into a generic topic on American driven sales events within Second Life.

It was a blanket statement, not meant for comments.  However, you have to know consumer confidence is going to go down because of the U.S. situation.  Consumer confidence could go down for a few years.  It's just not known yet the full impact on the U.S. economy, let alone the global economy in the forth coming year.  So, no comment is necessary.  But, it is what it is, whether it is politic or simply what the situation is and/or is going to be.  I'd say a second lockdown could bring more people here to SL, and we are so close to lockdown but have no money to live on should a lockdown occur.  What we do have in California right now without a lockdown is restaurants are take-out only and a stay at home curfew in the night time from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. in L.A. County, even as headlines read the virus is on the verge of catastrophe here and other places in America as well.  Consumer confidence is low for all spending because of it.  I saved for some sales thanks to a few people on the forum telling me about the black friday sales here and I prepared myself by joining the groups of items I wanted, demoing stuff before-hand as well as rezzing in the sims pre-sale to help reduce the lag.  

Edited by FairreLilette

43 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I'm curious now...have you asked them in the form of a formal suggestion to Linden Lab if they could do this?  It would be great, of course!  

It was a blanket statement, not meant for comments.  However, you have to know consumer confidence is going to go down because of the U.S. situation.  Consumer confidence could go down for a few years.  It's just not known yet the full impact on the U.S. economy, let alone the global economy in the forth coming year.  So, no comment is necessary.  But, it is what it is, whether it is politic or simply what the situation is and/or is going to be.  I'd say a second lockdown could bring more people here to SL, and we are so close to lockdown but have no money to live on should a lockdown occur.  What we do have in California right now without a lockdown is restaurants are take-out only and a stay at home curfew in the night time from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. in L.A. County, even as headlines read the virus is on the verge of catastrophe here and other places in America as well.  Consumer confidence is low for all spending because of it.  I saved for some sales thanks to a few people on the forum telling me about the black friday sales here and I prepared myself by joining the groups of items I wanted, demoing stuff before-hand as well as rezzing in the sims pre-sale to help reduce the lag.  

The first part of your quote - There are 10+ Jira's for Marketplace improvements (I have a very long thread on here too where we asked LL for a survey of Merchants / plus what Marketplace features etc people are looking for).

The second part of your quote - I just don't really have any comment on apologies as I am not getting involved in off topic elements.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sorciaa said:

Anyone heard if Legacy is going to run a sale? Got a friend who is interested in one, just not 5,000L interested.🤣

Best thing to do is join the group if there is one so you will get the notice; otherwise, I have no idea.  Maybe somebody else does.  You could check their website, FLICKR page, social media, whatever they got, etc.  

i'm sure plenty of stores in SL are having sales! if you want to check out a site and sim in sl that is basically a "hub" for sales, here's a great one!

http://www.seraphimsl.com/

EDIT: realized someone already suggested it! but hey, best of luck finding some brands that you like!

Edited by Ignis Dismantled
oop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.