Black Friday sales

arisaie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm sorry if this is a weird question but I can't get in world at the moment, and I've been wondering if anyone knows which brands are/will be having  black Friday sales? 

I'm mostly interested in mesh head, bodies, skins. 

I've got everything demoed out but have been waiting for possible black Friday sale to save L. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

As far as clothing, only Addam's and for hair EscalateD.   Oh, and for jewelry, Pixel Box inworld is having a sale.  But, nothing on heads, bodies or skins yet that I've heard.  

I'm waiting to hear word myself.  Best to join the inworld groups of all the places you would like to find Black Friday sales so you can get the notices.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Thanks 1

I would just join the store's group and see if they drop any announcements. You could go directly to each store and check for any signs announcing a BF sale. You could also check the social media or website for a store.

Here's a shopping site that will be listing some of the black Friday sales:

https://www.seraphimsl.com/black-friday-sales-list-by-seraphim/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, arisaie said:

Hi, I'm sorry if this is a weird question but I can't get in world at the moment, and I've been wondering if anyone knows which brands are/will be having  black Friday sales? 

I'm mostly interested in mesh head, bodies, skins. 

I've got everything demoed out but have been waiting for possible black Friday sale to save L. 

Thank you. 

There are a few listed here.

https://www.seraphimsl.com

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Skin addiction: https://slskinaddiction.wordpress.com/2020/11/18/sas-black-friday-sale-is-coming/

Participating Designers*:
StunnerOriginals
Voodoo
WYRD
poema
LOGO
Forty Two
WoW Skins
VENDETTA Skins
GA.EG
[ae] Adam n Eve
DeeTaleZ
7 Deadly s[K]ins
PUMEC
A R T E
LURE
#ADORED
DrLifeGen3
Birth
Belleza
MIARY
YS&YS
Zibska
Lara Hurley Skin
Go&See
Moccino Beauté
Nar Mattaru
Nuve
Mignonne
Stargazer
Nivaro
Amuse Bouche
Amis Cosmetics
Altamura Bento Avatar
Ab.Fab Skins & Fantasy
POUT!
VENGE
Session Skins

*list of participants subject to change

Edited by Marianne Little
added list
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

Personally, there is no way in h*ll  I'm going to fight crowds trying to get into some store to save $10 on anything.  I just don't understand the big hoopla over Black Friday.

Unfortunately that madness has made it over here too & I avoid at all costs.  Back in the day sales were actually worth while .. when there were pretty much just 2 a year, even then you wouldn't catch me queueing through the night for Boxing Day sales.  Now it seems that sales are on all the time & of course many retailers, brick & online, have been caught  jacking up prices in the lead up to "sale" time.. so yeah, meh. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

Personally, there is no way in h*ll  I'm going to fight crowds trying to get into some store to save $10 on anything.  I just don't understand the big hoopla over Black Friday.

Pretty much me too.  It's not worth it if you cannot get into the sim because it's full.  It's not like ten dollars will make me suddenly rich nor well off. Not at all.

I did post the early one's I know of already going on.  I got into Addam's three times already, no problem.  But, I love crochet, so I got the crochet stuff I actually did wait for as I think 1299 for a fatpack is too much, especially when I don't like all the colors.  I like the neutrals and a few of the colors are okay but about half at least of the colors in a fatpack I don't like, so I waited to see if they were going to have a sale on what I actually did want, and, luckily, it worked out for me very well plus store credits gave me about three items totally free.  

Blueberry has some fatpacks I would really love and I am waiting to see if they will have a sale or not as again, since I don't like all the colors, I find the price of fatpacks at the half price price reasonable.  Some clothing designers have begun to offer cheaper fatpacks for every day prices and they are popular brands with far better prices starting at 499 to 899 for their fatpacks and those aren't sale priced either.  

• Like 2

If you're not a shopaholic of course it won't matter much, but for shopaholics it is a big deal, you don't only save $10 in one store, you save way more than that in many other stores, because you're SHOPPING and not getting one item!

Edited by SarahThe Wanderer
you'll never know

4 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

If you're not a shopaholic of course it won't matter much, but for shopaholics it is a big deal, you don't only save $10 in one store, you save way more than that in many other stores, because you're SHOPPING and not getting one item!

I shop quite a lot actually.  I just have limited time and patience to spend on trying to get into a place that's packed. It's not on my "fun things to do in SL" list.

Edited by RowanMinx

32 minutes ago, arisaie said:

I was planning on getting the lelutka head all along and 50% off is nice, but now I'm afraid after reading some replies that I won't even be able to get into the sim at all. 

Yeah. Let's encourage folks to shop all the other Black Friday sales, to improve our chances at LeLutka.

Usually LeLutka rezzes faster than many stores, so shoppers might be in and out pretty quickly. It would rez faster, though, if they removed the mesh body affiliate vendors while the sim is busy. (Unless they're under contract with those affiliates, maybe.) Sure, they get a cut of whatever occasionally sells from those affiliate vendors, but it can't compare to sales lost to customers who can't teleport-in while the region is full. Although maybe more profit if would-be buyers can't get into the region and end up paying full price after the sale is over.

5 hours ago, arisaie said:

I was planning on getting the lelutka head all along and 50% off is nice, but now I'm afraid after reading some replies that I won't even be able to get into the sim at all. 

Pick up demos before, so you have selected what to buy. If all people did this, it would be so much faster. Get a Teleport hammer*, and make sure you have a landmark to Lelutka before the sale. Then drop in the landmark and let it work for you while you read something, but don't ignore the screen, suddenly you are in. Make sure you have low draw distance and when you are in, buy the head as soon as you can see the vendor and get out ;) .

*Auto teleport, Get me in, are other names

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

I shop quite a lot actually.  I just have limited time and patience to spend on trying to get into a place that's packed. It's not on my "fun things to do in SL" list.

I have a very simple but effective way that gets me in any crowded sim just by one click and you're in, no hud or any thing needed, and I really wanna tell others about it, but I'm afraid if everyone gonna use this "method" I won't be able to get into crowded sims any more, and of course hiding avatars is always ON so no lagging there as well, shopping for me always goes smoothly.

46 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I have a very simple but effective way that gets me in any crowded sim just by one click and you're in, no hud or any thing needed, and I really wanna tell others about it, but I'm afraid if everyone gonna use this "method" I won't be able to get into crowded sims any more, and of course hiding avatars is always ON so no lagging there as well, shopping for me always goes smoothly.

Hmmmmmmmmm...but I'm thinking I could guess maybe...just hit the backspace arrow or use teleport history maybe?  Or perhaps put in the slurl on the top bar.  I'm trying to think of one click ways....

Edited by FairreLilette

12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Get a Teleport hammer*, and make sure you have a landmark to Lelutka before the sale

10 hours ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

Depending on IF and how many of them can TP hammer their way to LeLutka this weekend

PLEASE don't use TP hammers. One of the reasons why we had three full regions on their knees when Catwa put her Freya head out as a free gift was because hundreds of people had TP hammers aimed at them. That many TP hammers pointing at a single location is like mounting a DDoS attack on the region.

Please read what Patch Linden had to say about constant teleport attempts to a single event:

'When you think of a shopping event and all of that coming and going... And even secondarily to what's going on in the region, what's happening *outside* of the region can also have a pretty big impact on the region. So people continuing to try to teleport into a region that's full for like an event can actually hurt the region a bit, because then it has to spend some time dealing with telling people "I'm too full; you can't come here".'

(Source)

I hope that the Lelutka team are braced for this weekend, and that they have backup options in place, because I would hate for them to go through what we had to go through for those three weeks in May...

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 3

We had all three regions restarting every hour (at random times so people couldn't game the system, as it were). It didn't make any difference. People would set their TP hammers going, then go to bed in the hopes that in the morning they'd be in the store. Two of our CSRs even opened up their homes as fourth and fifth locations. As soon as the SLurls for those were known, the CSRs would log in in the morning to find their homes full of AFK people who were asleep IRL. They were summarily booted and some of them subsequently came back into chat to complain once they woke up ¬¬

The reason we didnt restart every 30 minutes was because the regions were so lagged by the TP hammers that people were hanging around just waiting for things to rez so they could see what to click. In the middle of all that - for people on anything but a superfast connection - 15 minutes certainly wouldn't be long enough. Honestly, those three weeks were a bloody nightmare for us in the support group chat. I've never seen rudeness like it before - people coming into the group, yelling, demanding, and insulting - and most likely (and thankfully) I never will again because you can guarantee that Catwa will probably never again give away a free Bento head because of how rudely and poorly we saw thousands of people behaving over those three weeks. It was straight 12- to 15-hour days for most of us CSRs during all that.

I wish the Lelutka team luck. Like the Catwa team and the Genus team before them, they're going to need it. It probably won't be quite so manic for them, as this is not a completely free head, but they're still going to be absolutely inundated.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.